Antifa attack gay vietnam journalist

Started by Munch, July 01, 2019, 10:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Derp, I knew there was a reason I came to this thread...

What's happening in Portland does clearly demonstrate that Antifa is a problem, and one that needs to be addressed by the State. That said they are being clearly provoked by right-wing terrorists into action, and to focus on Antifa without focusing on why they are even out there in the first place is at best ignoring the fundamental issue (increasing bipartisanship and a more and more radical right-wing that holds power in this country), at worst is making excuses for right-wing terrorism.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 17, 2019, 12:55:30 PM
He is blind. Why his posts are erratic, irrelevant, contradictory and preposterous... other than that, they're ok...

It is OK to admit you are confused.  As we both get older, this is an increasing problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 17, 2019, 10:14:13 PM
Derp, I knew there was a reason I came to this thread...

What's happening in Portland does clearly demonstrate that Antifa is a problem, and one that needs to be addressed by the State. That said they are being clearly provoked by right-wing terrorists into action, and to focus on Antifa without focusing on why they are even out there in the first place is at best ignoring the fundamental issue (increasing bipartisanship and a more and more radical right-wing that holds power in this country), at worst is making excuses for right-wing terrorism.

Correct.  To be corrected, not panicked over.  This resembles the 1960s, but unless you were alive then, you won't realize this is still rice cake level stress.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 17, 2019, 09:59:59 PM
He's not wrong, the amount of terrorism we fund and engage in ourselves around the world probably does outnumber and outimpact any other group or countries, though countries like Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia probably give us a good run for our money. Not the best company to keep, however.

That said, I was talking about domestic terrorism and not international terrorism. And being white and/or male does not make someone a white supremacist; being a white supremacist makes someone one.
I agree with you on the global terrorism (what a worthless word)--the USA leads the way.  How was the invasion of Iraq NOT terrorism?  Shock and Awe...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 17, 2019, 11:19:46 PM
I agree with you on the global terrorism (what a worthless word)--the USA leads the way.  How was the invasion of Iraq NOT terrorism?  Shock and Awe...................

We are more woke now than in 2001, or 1965.  This is a sad but good thing.  So, ready to go to war with Iran?  No?  Smart boy!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 17, 2019, 11:21:11 PM
We are more woke now than in 2001, or 1965.  This is a sad but good thing.  So, ready to go to war with Iran?  No?  Smart boy!!

Some people confuse terrorism (ISIS) with blundering (USA).

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 09:35:07 AM

Far to generous to Team America.  I can think of a movie a decade or so back ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPljGWGNt4

Don't send a marionette to do a man's job ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 11:05:13 AM
Don't send a marionette to do a man's job ;-)

That's what I keep saying about Trump. But Putin won't listen.

aileron

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 09:35:07 AM

Historically, that's been true, but we now have an ignoramus, bigoted commander-in-chief who calls for war crimes and a red-hatted mob who go into a frenzy of bloodlust when he does it.

So far our officer corps has been able to ignore or push back against this demagoguery, but as Sinclair Lewis wrote, there's no reason It's Can't happen Here.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 12:00:39 PM
That's what I keep saying about Trump. But Putin won't listen.

No, you probably voted for the wicked witch who threatened Dorothy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aileron on August 18, 2019, 12:32:33 PM
Historically, that's been true, but we now have an ignoramus, bigoted commander-in-chief who calls for war crimes and a red-hatted mob who go into a frenzy of bloodlust when he does it.

So far our officer corps has been able to ignore or push back against this demagoguery, but as Sinclair Lewis wrote, there's no reason It's Can't happen Here.

When did you, in the military, stage an illegal coup, against the two Bush's, Clinton, or Obama?  They are all war criminals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 02:09:07 PM
No, you probably voted for the wicked witch who threatened Dorothy.
I would never hurt Dorothy, just too adorable...

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 02:09:57 PM
When did you, in the military, stage an illegal coup, against the two Bush's, Clinton, or Obama?  They are all war criminals.

Give a few more months, Trump will trump them...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 02:34:23 PM
Give a few more months, Trump will trump them...

Speaking to the other guy, former military officer.  General Singlaub threatened to resign over Carter Korea policy, one of the few political-generals to show any integrity.  With integrity, the military would have overthrown LBJ, not waited for Nixon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 PM
Speaking to the other guy, former military officer.  General Singlaub threatened to resign over Carter Korea policy, one of the few political-generals to show any integrity.  With integrity, the military would have overthrown LBJ, not waited for Nixon.

Trump is a one-man show. Whether he has generals or not, it doesn't matter as he doesn't listen to them - only Hannity and Putin.