Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 04, 2019, 04:27:37 AM
Please define corruption.  Not all sins are the same, but atheists have none.  And all claims (even religious ones) for morality, are false.  There is no objective morality.  There is only "I like" or "I dislike".

I am not claiming that Christians are virtuous.  Far from it.  I don't even think Jewish people are virtuous.

Not sure what any of this has to do with how kindly atheists and theists treat each other.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 05, 2019, 04:22:28 PM
Not sure what any of this has to do with how kindly atheists and theists treat each other.

It has everything to do with it.  We are not kind, none of us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 04, 2019, 04:34:00 AM
I will only take credit for my own stupidity.  I can't take credit for other people being stupid, whether atheist or SJW or some weird combo.

The world had changed over the last 4 years, and I have changed with it.

I know you don't commit fully to any ideology. That's one thing I've always liked about you. It's good to be skeptical of everyone, especially those you agree with. But you see both the Left and the Right as equal, and so have ironically assigned too much credibility to the Right. When the status quo moved back to the Right, in your attempts to remain neutral, you moved with it.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2019, 04:24:24 PM
It has everything to do with it.  We are not kind, none of us.

There you go with that all or nothing shit again.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 05, 2019, 04:31:37 PM
I know you don't commit fully to any ideology. That's one thing I've always liked about you. It's good to be skeptical of everyone, especially those you agree with. But you see both the Left and the Right as equal, and so have ironically assigned too much credibility to the Right. When the status quo moved back to the Right, in your attempts to remain neutral, you moved with it.

I worked with the military for 32 years.  I was never neutral.  But I try not to express my bias as much as it actually is.  I really don't like bigotry or hypocrisy.  But on the other hand, I have to try to grow into sympathy for human imperfection.

The status quo is always Right.  Progressivism is a political ideology, a delusion.  It has never moved Left, except temporarily.  Liberals think they can maintain continous revolution.  Like trying to maintain a sexual climax permanently.  But even when good, it is only momentary.  The few times there has been revolution in the US in my lifetime, some of those have been good times.  But then I lean classical Liberal.  Today that is to the right of center vs the narrative.  The narrative is always propaganda, it isn't where things actually reside.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 05, 2019, 04:32:15 PM
There you go with that all or nothing shit again.

Not all or nothing.  Just nothing.  You can't have it all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

"Sometimes "nothing" can be a real cool hand." - Cool Hand Luke
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on July 05, 2019, 04:43:28 PM
Not all or nothing.  Just nothing.  You can't have it all.

If the world were as you say it is, we would have total anarchy and chaos. You set the bar so high that no one could possibly measure up. That's a thing Christian fundamentalists like to do, but it seems out of place coming from you.
--Fulke Greville--

Jagella

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 01, 2019, 12:41:15 PM
Atheists are nicer to Christians compared to the other way around if their religious identity is known, study claims

Both online and off-line I've been smeared and bullied by Christians because I'm an avowed atheist, although the large majority of Christians I interact with in person treat me decently. It seems that a lot of Christians--mostly online--think they are justified in the way they mistreat atheists because they see themselves as suffering persecution from atheists and wish to strike back. Christians often consider an attack on their faith as an attack on them.

Jagella

Quote from: Baruch on July 01, 2019, 01:03:58 PM
...I find the notion that atheists are kind to people they despise ... to be questionable.

Personally, I don't despise Christians or anybody else. However, it is true that some atheists can get pretty darned nasty with and to Christians. I wish atheists would treat Christians well even if they disagree strongly with Christians.

Unbeliever

I don't generally discuss religion with people out here in meat space. Too dangerous. I do occasionally, though, but only with those who insist on trying to convert me.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jagella

Quote from: Baruch on July 01, 2019, 01:52:38 PMYes, LBGT want to make us all gay, by law.  Atheists want to make us all atheist, by law.  Jews want to convert all Gentiles (or kill them all).  That is how people role.  However minority positions are not likely to take hold.  The majority positions, they do take hold, they are much more dangerous.

Is what you're saying here hyperbole not to be taken literally? I've noticed that many people tend to hold these kinds of views of some groups if they feel threatened by changes those groups want. Atheists, in particular, if they openly criticize religions like Christianity, are seen as intolerant and dangerous. Many people fear that if Christianity goes, then so does morality.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jagella on July 05, 2019, 08:31:36 PM
Both online and off-line I've been smeared and bullied by Christians because I'm an avowed atheist, although the large majority of Christians I interact with in person treat me decently. It seems that a lot of Christians--mostly online--think they are justified in the way they mistreat atheists because they see themselves as suffering persecution from atheists and wish to strike back. Christians often consider an attack on their faith as an attack on them.

It's easier to be an asshole to someone on the internet, especially when you have anonymity. When face-to-face, they have to play nice to avoid social consequences.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jagella on July 05, 2019, 08:47:18 PM
Is what you're saying here hyperbole not to be taken literally? I've noticed that many people tend to hold these kinds of views of some groups if they feel threatened by changes those groups want. Atheists, in particular, if they openly criticize religions like Christianity, are seen as intolerant and dangerous. Many people fear that if Christianity goes, then so does morality.

Pfft. The day Christianity dies is the day we can finally have intelligent debates on morality, rather than appealing to an iron age book of fairytales.
--Fulke Greville--