News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Choose a side, choose wisely!

Started by Baruch, June 25, 2019, 09:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote and info relative to Western Kulturkampf ...

The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote. - Ambassador Kosh/Babylon Five

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_war

Called the Cultural Revolution in China and by Dem agents of Red China ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G0UXnXpABw

It is comms vs yangs, take no prisoners!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I get the references, LOL!  But who here doesn't?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2019, 01:44:08 PM
I get the references, LOL!  But who here doesn't?

All the old folks were at SDS and Black Panther rallies back in the 60s.  Young people not only don't learn history, they don't create it.  Old men mostly mess things up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2019, 02:08:59 PM
All the old folks were at SDS and Black Panther rallies back in the 60s.  Young people not only don't learn history, they don't create it.  Old men mostly mess things up.

LOL!  If you only knew.  At U of MD, I was elected dorm Senator and got into campus politics.  One day I found myself in a dark smoky room (and it wasn't cigarette smoke) and "they" were planning a militant action.  I made a graceful retreat.  Strange as you might think, I'm more the diplomatic type.

Though, in a course on the "Vietnam Years" the professor had a picture of demonstrators and I was one of them...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 13, 2019, 03:41:28 PM
LOL!  If you only knew.  At U of MD, I was elected dorm Senator and got into campus politics.  One day I found myself in a dark smoky room (and it wasn't cigarette smoke) and "they" were planning a militant action.  I made a graceful retreat.  Strange as you might think, I'm more the diplomatic type.

Though, in a course on the "Vietnam Years" the professor had a picture of demonstrators and I was one of them...

Not a real hippie at a not real university.  You probably thought that "reefer" had to do with tropical fish.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2019, 03:54:21 PM
Not a real hippie at a not real university.  You probably thought that "reefer" had to do with tropical fish.

Hey, I did the "am I high yet".  ;)

But I object to U Of MD not being a "real university".  My parents bought my degree fair and um, square.  Only half my time there was "teen-sitting".