Atheists nicer to Christians than vice versa

Started by Hydra009, July 01, 2019, 12:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 01, 2019, 02:50:30 PM
Once again, the babbling shit-fest strikes. 

Our permanent troll is at work again. I don't think there is one thread he hasn't spewed his nonsense. He's all over the map.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 04, 2019, 11:02:42 PM
Our permanent troll is at work again. I don't think there is one thread he hasn't spewed his nonsense. He's all over the map.

Still not enough sleep?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fredd47

2 cents;

It is my observation from being on 'a few' atheist forums over the years that atheist overwhelmingly treat Christians especially, with far more compassion and generosity of spirit than Christians treat  us on their forums. I've tried a few.  Never lasted more than an hour or two before being banned. All I did was to ask a few questions. Those people seemed very insecure in their faith.

Having said that, many atheists I've run across do not extend that compassion and generosity of spirit to Muslims. That saddens me, as bigotry  tends to do.

Here I post some observations, I'm not after a debate

Baruch

Quote from: fredd47 on August 05, 2019, 10:28:53 PM
2 cents;

It is my observation from being on 'a few' atheist forums over the years that atheist overwhelmingly treat Christians especially, with far more compassion and generosity of spirit than Christians treat  us on their forums. I've tried a few.  Never lasted more than an hour or two before being banned. All I did was to ask a few questions. Those people seemed very insecure in their faith.

Having said that, many atheists I've run across do not extend that compassion and generosity of spirit to Muslims. That saddens me, as bigotry  tends to do.

Here I post some observations, I'm not after a debate

Muslims are a current topic.  Shinto Samurai are not.  I think generosity of spirit, to all, in the question of religion, is a good idea.  You will see some positive posts I have made regarding Islam.  And negative ones.  The trick is to not demonize, and to empathize.  If you are not a Muslim, what would that be like?  We currently have one American Muslim posting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fredd47 on August 05, 2019, 10:28:53 PM
Those people seemed very insecure in their faith.

Yeah, as I've often said, only those with weak faith feel threatened by those with no faith.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 06, 2019, 02:21:04 PM
Yeah, as I've often said, only those with weak faith feel threatened by those with no faith.

I don't have a faith.  I have reality itself.  Can't get stronger than that ;-)  Is picking on weaklings cricket?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.