News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 09:47:44 AM
You're peddling nonsense, hence we have no trust in you. Get it. (read my signature)
That's rich, coming from a fantasy author.

Deus summus

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 13, 2019, 08:13:20 PM
What about the bible has been supported by archaeological evidence? 

Let me see if I have this correct.  You accept that a piece of fiction (quran) can corroborate another piece of fiction (bible) and then, like magic, both are accurate?  But you do believe in space spooks, so I don't find that so far fetched for you.
Sodom & Gommorah.  Again, labeling it fiction reflects your personal opinion, not an objective assessment.

Deus summus

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 10:12:48 AM
That's rich, coming from a fantasy author.

Deus summus

That's rich coming from an ignoramus...

aileron

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 10:21:04 AM
Sodom & Gommorah.  Again, labeling it fiction reflects your personal opinion, not an objective assessment.

It would be nice if you stopped making bald assertions and gave so much as a shred of support for your statements.

Where today exactly are the places once known as Sodom and Gomorrah? What specific evidence do you have that God wiped out the cities?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: aileron on August 14, 2019, 10:34:04 AM
It would be nice if you stopped making bald assertions and gave so much as a shred of support for your statements.

Where today exactly are the places once known as Sodom and Gomorrah? What specific evidence do you have that God wiped out the cities?
I'm not here to convert anybody or write a thesis. My statements are based on personal research that I've done over years.  A lot of people here make make bald assertions without supporting evidence.  That's the nature of online discussion forums.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2018/12/04/new-science-suggests-biblical-city-of-sodom-was-smote-by-an-exploding-meteor/amp/

Deus summus

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 10:21:04 AM

Deus summus
And your labeling scripture as accurate is your own personal opinion--not an objective assessment.   I do acknowledge that some of the sites named in the bible are actual places.  So what?  Pecos Bill is put in the setting of Texas.  Since Texas is real, then so is Pecos Bill??  According to your 'reasoning' yeah, it makes Pecos real.  And I'm sure he was put there by a space spook or two.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 11:32:33 AM
And your labeling scripture as accurate is your own personal opinion--not an objective assessment.   I do acknowledge that some of the sites named in the bible are actual places.  So what?  Pecos Bill is put in the setting of Texas.  Since Texas is real, then so is Pecos Bill??  According to your 'reasoning' yeah, it makes Pecos real.  And I'm sure he was put there by a space spook or two.
Ah, of course.  But you've assumed that my belief is based on archeological evidence alone.  That's just icing on the cake for me.

Deus summus

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 11:43:03 AM
Ah, of course.  But you've assumed that my belief is based on archeological evidence alone.  That's just icing on the cake for me.

Deus summus
Whatever your 'belief' is it does not require any proof or evidence; and all that you need to feed your belief can be supplied by space spooks.  Not a problem--believe what you will.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 11:15:42 AM
I'm not here to convert anybody or write a thesis. My statements are based on personal research that I've done over years.

Two statements, two lies. The only way I can understand your presence on this forum is that your god has given you permission to lie.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 11:51:45 AM
The only way I can understand your presence on this forum is that your god
God explains a lot of things.  A useful belief indeed.  So glad you recognized that. 
Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 11:51:45 AM
your god has given you permission to lie
Good thing nobody needs to rely on your understanding of things.  Then that would be dogma. [emoji28]

Deus summus

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 11:50:35 AM
Whatever your 'belief' is it does not require any proof or evidence; and all that you need to feed your belief can be supplied by space spooks.  Not a problem--believe what you will.
Believe what you will.  Yes, I said it myself.  However not all science requires evidence.  Formal science relies solely on deductive reasoning.

Deus summus

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 12:27:04 PM
God explains a lot of things.  A useful belief indeed.  So glad you recognized that.  Good thing nobody needs to rely on your understanding of things.  Then that would be dogma.

Deus summus

So you are lying. Good to know.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 12:36:20 PM
So you are lying. Good to know.
Non sequiter. You're just mad I didn't read your book.  Is that it? [emoji28]

Deus summus

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 12:48:47 PM
Non sequiter. You're just mad I didn't read your book.  Is that it? [emoji28]

Deus summus

At least my books are properly classified as non-fiction or fiction so the reader knows what to expect. In your case, you post links to books which clearly shows you've never read them, and if you had, you would know that they are contrary to your claims. So not only you are liar, and but you are your own worst enemy.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 11:50:35 AM

You don't believe in Space Ghost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FRW2bOqvzI

I feel sorry for Zorak.  I think Mr.Obvious should too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.