News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2019, 01:43:50 PM
No .. a giant dick/lingam.  No need for a complete statue.  And didn't the Nazca people already make outlined figures that can be seen from space?
Those were just arranged stones (if I remember correctly) on the ground, but yeah, they outlined figures.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 11, 2019, 01:44:49 PM
That should scare away the extraterrestrials.

All advance species are gay atheists ;-).  They will bring a book, but not a cookbook.  It will be an alien Kama Sutra ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 11, 2019, 01:46:24 PM
Those were just arranged stones (if I remember correctly) on the ground, but yeah, they outlined figures.

Still a mystery to everyone except Von Daniken ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on August 11, 2019, 01:35:26 PM
Man has always known a god existed.  In the last 50,000 years, he has refined his knowledge of God.  He kept getting it better until finally he's got it right, and this is the last one, just a few more tweaks, and man's knowledge will be complete.

Absolute_Agent, is that you?

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 11, 2019, 01:48:50 PM

Take anti-paranoia medicine ... now!  It was SGOS satire.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2019, 12:50:09 PM
No need for life or consciousness either.  Just atoms doing their materialist thing.
Okay.  And........................??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2019, 01:50:03 PM
Take anti-paranoia medicine ... now!  It was SGOS satire.

I knew someone would fall for that... hook, line and sinker... oh, a fish called Baruch.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 11, 2019, 01:47:22 PM
Still a mystery to everyone except Von Daniken ;-)
Not so much any more.  According to the latest archaeological hypothesis, they were marked out by the priests of the tribe, then they were followed by the entire tribe at certain times of the year--sort of like the labyrinth the Catholic church is so fond of.  As the tribe was walking the lines, they threw pots down which is why there is a lot of broken pottery in the lines.  They suggest the figures were not meant to be seen from above.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 11, 2019, 10:57:38 AM
It is intellectually dishonest to equate the idea of God with pure imagination.  The existence of God has been documented since the dawn of civilization, in scriptures all over the world.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
I think it is intellectually dishonest NOT to equate the idea of god with pure imagination.  The existence of god has NOT been documented since the dawn of civilization.  What you  call scriptures are actually wishful thinking.  And documents purported to be of god so that one faction of people can control another.  I find it interesting that each area of the world has it's own set of 'scriptures' which are unlike those of any other area.  Scriptures is a creation of a society--each society or culture has it's own scripture and god(s).  God is created by man and not man created by god(s).

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 11, 2019, 11:47:15 AMHere, before Sigmundur Brestisson came along, we believed in the old Norse gods, right up until around the year 1,000. The same was the case for Zeus, Wotan, Isis, etc., there's even text for those gods. What happened to them, hmmm?
All counterfeit gods were eliminated by the only true God.

aileron

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 11, 2019, 03:47:27 PM
All counterfeit gods were eliminated by the only true God.

They

All praise Lord Brahman.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
-- President Merkin Muffley
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 11, 2019, 01:48:50 PM
No.  Monotheism was present among the elite from day one of human civilization. Polytheism was taken up by the less contemplative, more gullible masses.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 11, 2019, 02:12:28 PM
I think it is intellectually dishonest NOT to equate the idea of god with pure imagination.  The existence of god has NOT been documented since the dawn of civilization.  What you  call scriptures are actually wishful thinking.  And documents purported to be of god so that one faction of people can control another.  I find it interesting that each area of the world has it's own set of 'scriptures' which are unlike those of any other area.  Scriptures is a creation of a society--each society or culture has it's own scripture and god(s).  God is created by man and not man created by god(s).
What I call scriptures are documents.  Thus, documentation.  That you consider that wishful thinking is an error of judgement on your part.

aileron

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 11, 2019, 04:02:24 PM
What I call scriptures are documents.  Thus, documentation.  That you consider that wishful thinking is an error of judgement on your part.

You're welcome to use your own definitions for words, just as you're welcome to drive on a red light and stop on a green light.

Bad idea, but your choice.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 11, 2019, 01:24:42 PM
You've been deceived all your life, so how would you know the difference?
I can tell the difference between factual accounts and fantasies about an alien ant colony on the planet "Zohra" can't I?