News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 04, 2019, 09:45:16 PM
By the way, I can't help notice that you never really answered the question about Sweden and the Czech Republic.  And the reason is obvious - it doesn't fit your narrative of atheist dystopia.

I know a lot of clubs he can join,lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 05, 2019, 12:11:07 PM
Well you don't know me very well.  Sad.  And Absolute is new, and you probably don't read his stuff closely.  Absolute and I are not much alike (other than we both live in America, and are both maybe males).  About the same degree of separation as you and I have.  Arik on the other hand ...

I'm sure you see all the differences, but most times, I don't see a whole lot of difference.  Perhaps you don't realize how most people here see you...

I sometimes get told "stop feeding the troll" and they aren't talking about Arik or Absolute.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 05:04:32 PM
I'm sure you see all the differences, but most times, I don't see a whole lot of difference.  Perhaps you don't realize how most people here see you...

I sometimes get told "stop feeding the troll" and they aren't talking about Arik or Absolute.

I have been here longer than you, I can feel the love ...

Fortunately I am not looking for a sexual partner ;-)

@Unbeliever ... Yes, that is exactly where I originally remember Poindexter.  Though the modern one is quite good.  My mother had a clock in her kitchen, that was a black and white Felix the Cat, and the tail went back and forth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Absolute_Agent

By the way, I can't help notice that you never really answered the question about Sweden and the Czech Republic.  And the reason is obvious - it doesn't fit your narrative of atheist dystopia.
The reason is obvious, but not what you assume.

1) I don't intend to promote a narrative of an atheist dystopia--rather to challenge the assumption that atheism will magically create a utopian society, this myopic idea you atheists often promote that religion is the source of all our conflicts.  "If we could just eliminate religion, we'd all live happily ever after," you chant devoutly.  Well, you're wrong.  You're just as susceptible to confirmation bias as the religious folks you mock.

2) The above countries have not been shown to be under the control of atheist ideology.  I'm guessing it is secularist-- which is not the same thing.  As such they wouldn't be a good case study for proving that atheism is the wave of social advancement.  China is under atheist control, as were Communist Russia and Nazi Germany!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Absolute_Agent

Oh really?  You've never heard of the concept of martyrdom?
Martyrdom does not equate to suicide.  Martyrdom is when someone else kills you for religion.  It doesn't mean killing yourself--which is forbidden.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 11:34:49 AM
The reason is obvious, but not what you assume.

1) I don't intend to promote a narrative of an atheist dystopia--rather to challenge the assumption that atheism will magically create a utopian society, this myopic idea you atheists often promote that religion is the source of all our conflicts.  "If we could just eliminate religion, we'd all live happily ever after," you chant devoutly.  Well, you're wrong.  You're just as susceptible to confirmation bias as the religious folks you mock.

2) The above countries have not been shown to be under the control of atheist ideology.  I'm guessing it is secularist-- which is not the same thing.  As such they wouldn't be a good case study for proving that atheism is the wave of social advancement.  China is under atheist control, as were Communist Russia and Nazi Germany!

Exactly what is atheist ideology.

Wait, let me rephrase that, what exactly do you think atheist ideology is?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

A theist trying to mimic the atheist stance is like Pinocchio trying to understand what it's like to be a real boy.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 04, 2019, 12:51:29 PM
Satanists are atheists--it has EVERYTHING to do with atheism.

as much as muslims are child molesting pedophiles and murderers. And it has evrything to do with Islam
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 06, 2019, 12:13:37 PM

Exactly what is atheist ideology.

Wait, let me rephrase that, what exactly do you think atheist ideology is?
Any ideology that's fundamentally opposed to theistic beliefs.  Any time these ideologies take hold the result is authoritarianism and tyranny.  The cause?  Atheism has no moral foundation, except "survival of the fittest."  That's the only rule that's really acknowledged as binding.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: aitm on August 06, 2019, 01:43:09 PM
as much as muslims are child molesting pedophiles and murderers. And it has evrything to do with Islam
The fundamental essence of Islam is feeding the hungry and taking care of orphans.  See Qur'an 90:17.

Unbeliever

I thought the fundamental essence of Islam was submission to the will of Allah?

Or the will of whoever claims to speak for Allah, which is the same thing.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 02:02:30 PM
Any ideology that's fundamentally opposed to theistic beliefs.  Any time these ideologies take hold the result is authoritarianism and tyranny.  The cause?  Atheism has no moral foundation, except "survival of the fittest."  That's the only rule that's really acknowledged as binding.

A negative against a broad target.  Hence the ambiguity.  Human politics is always "of the fittest", though we fight to the death defining what "fittest" is.  Identity politics today being its most explicit and tribal formulation.  "fittest" could be construed as well built male weight lifters in some parts around here ;-)  I find rather that "ends justify the means" to be the more dangerous motto.  Usually, the means devolve into violence.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
The fundamental essence of Islam is feeding the hungry and taking care of orphans.  See Qur'an 90:17.

Hard to say what "essence" means.  At one point it was "don't abandon female babies" ... an admirable cause.  The Shahada is an early summation ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahada

That is actually found, disconnected, in the Quran.  But beyond that there is dispute ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Pillars_of_Islam

And it is not clear that any particular interpretation of the Five Pillars is sufficient.  Hence Salafism in Sunni Islam.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 02:06:42 PM

and killing anyone - man, woman or child - if you perceive  them to be a threat to your religion

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 11:34:49 AM

The above countries have not been shown to be under the control of atheist ideology.

Atheist ideology: the belief that there is a LACK of evidence in the existence of a deity. PERIOD.

Now be scared.