News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 04:59:12 PM
Not all atheists are satanists, but all satanists are atheists by definition.  Look it up.
But you are avoiding my main point. Can you address why God never does anything to stop the murder of children?

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: aitm on August 03, 2019, 04:53:16 PM
You cannot find a single piece of real evidence that suggests an "atheist" sacrificed a child in the name of atheism, I can find dozens where muslims butchered children for theirs.

I win..you lose.
Here's a single piece... Wow, so easy.

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/brazilian-police-release-details-of-grisly-child-sacrifice

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2019, 06:54:11 PM
But you are avoiding my main point. Can you address why God never does anything to stop the murder of children?
Yes of course.  Good question.  I'll ask Him.

SGOS

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 07:03:13 PM
Yes of course.  Good question.  I'll ask Him.
Nice deflection.  I'm not surprised because no one actually knows God.  He's just a concept to which people assign whatever qualities they want.

Unbeliever

Lik
Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2019, 07:21:21 PM
Nice deflection.  I'm not surprised because no one actually knows God.  He's just a concept to which people assign whatever qualities they want.

God is a Rorschach ink blot?

:-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 03:35:20 PM

Well, obviously we can't know which works of science will still be around in 2000 years. The works of Homer are still around, though - were they written or inspired by God?

Yes, inspired by Apollo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 01:18:45 PM
So, Eve ate some fruit and suddenly all the animals on Earth started eating each other? Can't you see how ridiculous that sounds to those of us who are outside your faith? Can you look at your faith from outside, as we do, and still not see why we don't believe it?

A mystical story.  Not literal at all.  Non-mystics can't talk competently about it.  If you don't share experience, communication is impossible in any language.  The content of the communication isn't in the language, but in triggering similar experiences.  Most people here (even me) have experienced atheism internally.  This happened with me  20-30 years old.  I had weak religion before that, so it wasn't traumatic to drop it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 03, 2019, 07:56:43 PM
A mystical story.  Not literal at all.

I know that, and you know that, but a billion Christians say we're wrong.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 01:24:49 PM
Touché.

For Taoism I read Chinese.  For Hinduism I read Sanskrit.  For Islam I read Arabic.

With even a modicum of foreign language knowledge, you can compare the original with the translation, and it will become apparent what the agenda of the translator is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 01:30:42 PM

So you believe that without religion no human-made laws would be possible? Have you never heard of the Code of Hammurabi?

And that's just one outstanding example. Religion is not needed for humans to realize that laws and their enforcement are necessary.

King Hammurabi wasn't secular.  Got Anu or Enki?  Secular law only came about 300 years ago or less.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 10:10:55 AM
Let me help you with that:

1.  Remove 10 Commandments.  Result: Murder is legal, including human sacrifice and cannibalism.  Theft is legal, property law is abolished.  The most ruthless and bloodthirsty rule by default.
If only there were some other law (or code) that prohibits murder and theft, especially one that predates the 10 commandments.  I can't quite think of one, but it's on the tip of my hammurabi.

Btw, if the only thing holding you back from raping and pillaging is some religious book, you might want to get your head checked.  Perhaps in a room that is properly barred and locked.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 01:46:13 PM

Which 10 Commandments? The ones at Exodus 20:1-17? Or the ones at Exodus 34:14-26?

Only the latter set are actually referred to "in scripture" as "the ten commandments" : Exodus 34:28

So I hope you've never seethed a kid in its mother's milk.

Worse, in Lebanon they still eat sheep tartar.  Sheep and goats have parasites, like salmon do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 01:48:15 PM
Yeah, Alistair Crowley said, "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

Was he a "libertine"?

Not only that, but MI6.

Yes, go and eat babies, if you support Molech?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 01:54:32 PM
So, Jephthah didn't sacrifice his daughter to God?

Nope.  If the Bible is fiction, why quote it?

Natural Law originally was an extension of religious theology (there were almost no pre-modern secular people).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_law

Modern natural law, initially discussed at the beginning of the Enlightenment, first had legal force in 1776 and 1789 (American and French Revolutions).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 02:05:20 PM

Oh, I get it, YOU don't see it, so obviously it could never be done. Riiiight.

Humans are unreasonable.  So with reason alone or not, they can't develop anything.  Other than flaming sacks of shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.