News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 03:12:18 PM
So, God isn't powerful enough to have kept his sacred message to humanity error-free and clear enough not to be open to interpretation?
He could have no doubt.  But he chose to see how we would handle it on our own.  Despite the many inaccuracies this ancient book has survived and proliferated over 4,000 years. (The O.T.) / 2,000 for the N.T. Most books go out of print within a century.  That's evidence in itself, not to mention billions still read it religiously (pun not intended).  Have any of your hot shot scientists written anything that popular?   

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Sal1981

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:29:24 PM
He could have no doubt.  But he chose to see how we would handle it on our own.  Despite the many inaccuracies this ancient book has survived and proliferated over 4,000 years. (The O.T.) / 2,000 for the N.T. Most books go out of print within a century.  That's evidence in itself, not to mention billions still read it religiously (pun not intended).  Have any of your hot shot scientists written anything that popular?   

I didn't realize that truth was a dick-measuring contest.

Unbeliever

Well, obviously we can't know which works of science will still be around in 2000 years. The works of Homer are still around, though - were they written or inspired by God?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

He could have no doubt.  But he chose to see how we would handle it on our own.  Despite the many inaccuracies this ancient book has survived and proliferated over 4,000 years. (The O.T.) / 2,000 for the N.T. Most books go out of print within a century.  That's evidence in itself, not to mention billions still read it religiously (pun not intended).  Have any of your hot shot scientists written anything that popular

Scientists don't normally go around killing those who refuse to believe. Christians and Muslims are quite fond of it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on August 03, 2019, 03:47:09 PM
Scientists don't normally go around killing those who refuse to believe. Christians and Muslims are quite fond of it.

"But those aren't real Christians and Muslims!"
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:09:04 PM
There is no 100% accurate Bible today, I affirm that.  But blaming it on God is foolishness. 

then who do you blame it on????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Ahhh--yeah.  Now I see.  It is really a god competition.  Which ever god is the most popular is the winner.  Yea, God!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 04:13:45 PM
Ahhh--yeah.  Now I see.  It is really a god competition.  Which ever god is the most popular is the winner.  Yea, God!!

I read a novel called "American Gods, about "the old gods" who are hardly believed in anymore, and "the new gods" who have more believers, and so are stronger than the old gods. Not a bad read, for fantasy.
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 01:08:37 PM
Some tragic examples of extremism to be sure, and I am a proponent of religious freedom.  No doubt you're not bothered at all that satanists (atheists) are abusing that same religious freedom to sacrifice children alive.
I know of no instance where God ever stopped a child murderer, be he Satanist, Christian, Muslim, or atheist. Such crimes are punished by laws written by men.  Oh, God makes a big fuss about it, while at other times, he commands it.  But he fails to stop it in every case.  It's almost like he's not there.

Also, I'm thinking you actually know the difference between Satanist and atheist.  I've met many atheists, but I never met a Satanist.

aitm

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 01:08:37 PM
  No doubt you're not bothered at all that satanists (atheists) are abusing that same religious freedom to sacrifice children alive.

You cannot find a single piece of real evidence that suggests an "atheist" sacrificed a child in the name of atheism, I can find dozens where muslims butchered children for theirs.

I win..you lose.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: SGOS on August 03, 2019, 04:34:47 PM
I know of no instance where God ever stopped a child murderer, be he Satanist, Christian, Muslim, or atheist. Such crimes are punished by laws written by men.  Oh, God makes a big fuss about it, while at other times, he commands it.  But he fails to stop it in every case.  It's almost like he's not there.

Also, I'm thinking you actually know the difference between Satanist and atheist.  I've met many atheists, but I never met a Satanist.

Not all atheists are satanists, but all satanists are atheists by definition.  Look it up.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 03, 2019, 04:20:33 PM
I read a novel called "American Gods, about "the old gods" who are hardly believed in anymore, and "the new gods" who have more believers, and so are stronger than the old gods. Not a bad read, for fantasy.
Have to check that out--new to me.  Thanks.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:00:10 PM
Are you kidding? Most if not all prophets were ostracized or murdered by their own people!

As well they should be for they are spouting nonsense and fiction.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 02:59:08 PM
Satanists are atheists:

"DO YOU WORSHIP SATAN?
No, nor do we believe in the existence of Satan or the supernatural. The Satanic Temple believes that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions"

--quoted from the Satanic Temple FAQ's

(https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/faq)
Ah--I see.  I had not looked into it.  Maybe I should!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 03, 2019, 03:32:33 PM
I didn't realize that truth was a dick-measuring contest.

For some people everything is a dick-measuring contest.
God Not Found