News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 01:16:48 PM
An atheist quoting scripture... Poignant.  What you fail to mention is that the tribes ordered to be exterminated were worshippers of Moloch--child sacrificers.  Not only that they were violating territorial boundaries by settling in the land of Israel. Do you wish they were still around today?  Well, look no more.  Here's the logical conclusion of atheism:

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/brazilian-police-release-details-of-grisly-child-sacrifice

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Once again, you skirt the issue and the questions.  You did not answer any of the questions I put to you.  Maybe you could do that--or maybe you don't really have any answers to give.  When a person is an atheist, does merely looking at a bible strike them blind?  I would venture to say that I have read a bible from cover to cover--I would suggest most of those who profess to be christian have not done that. 

As for your suggestion that satan worshipers kill children has been debunked long ago.  But gullible theists like yourself (theists who don't check out facts all that well or often) still believe they do.  And I would suggest the members of the Church of Satan would not call themselves atheists.  After all, your god created Satan--as well as the Moloch.  If they did sacrifice children then it was because they were created with that capacity--and if god were really that adamant about them changing, he could do that in a heartbeat.  But no, he would rather sate his own bloodlust through his 'chosen'--whom he created as well.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 01:33:49 PM
The scriptures are instructions sent by God.  Truth is not attained except through revelation.

That is very very handy for those doing the revealing!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 02:16:27 PM
Shamash was one of our ancient alien progenitor races, worshipped as gods out of ignorance. That's why I used a lowercase "g".

What???? :)))))))) You have been watching too much History channel!!!!!   Oh god...........!!!!  My side hurts from laughing.  Thanks, a good laugh is really good at times. :)

Unbeliever

I don't see how we're supposed to believe someone who claims they've had a "revelation from God." How are we to know they're not lying or mistaken? Especially when their "revelation" is the polar opposite of "revelations" given by God to other people?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 11:49:02 AM
  I'm not overly interested in scientific methods unless they're playing a supporting role for a larger objective.  This is because I don't consider science as being capable of ever arriving at ultimate reality! [emoji16]

Apparently, you are not interested in any methods (especially scientific) unless it matches your own ideas.  You simply discard every piece of information that does not fit your own ideas of what is correct.  You only prove anything to yourself and you seem to care less about any body else and what they think.  It must be super easy to live in your world in which facts and reasons and reasoning don't matter--just what you believe.  Go for it--it's your life.  But don't mind my giggling and laughing in the background for the absurdity of your believing is really quite comedic.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 12:58:41 PMI've read some pundits who said that the word 'kill' in this instance means murder, yet it still says kill in the bibles I've read.  So, if you put your trust in the bible, then simply killing anything is against god's directive and you violate it daily.
Even if I accept that it means kill in the broadest sense including plants--which I don't, then it is possible, as I mentioned, to harvest vegetables without killing the plant itself, as in the case of tomatoes, squash, nuts, and so forth.  Thus it would be POSSIBLE to fulfill the strictest sense of the commandment. 

aitm

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 02:52:17 PM
Even if I accept that it means kill in the broadest sense including plants--which I don't, then it is possible, as I mentioned, to harvest vegetables without killing the plant itself, as in the case of tomatoes, squash, nuts, and so forth.  Thus is would be POSSIBLE to fulfill the strictest sense of the commandment.

and thus is the pretzel that religionists are willing to bend to ignore the obvious words of the babble and to "re-construct" them to their liking. Reason 1 why so many abandon the bullshit when the bullshitters are so obviously bullshitting.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 02:52:17 PM
Even if I accept that it means kill in the broadest sense including plants--which I don't, then it is possible, as I mentioned, to harvest vegetables without killing the plant itself, as in the case of tomatoes, squash, nuts, and so forth.  Thus is would be POSSIBLE to fulfill the strictest sense of the commandment. 

Even in that extreme example, I'd like to see a lion eating squash and nuts and tomatoes.  And if that commandment does say and mean 'kill' then he created a natural system that does not reflect that ideal.  In order to make any sense of what you are saying, you have to jump through hoop after hoop--and even then it makes no sense.  But you are amusing.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 02:31:02 PM
Once again, you skirt the issue and the questions.  You did not answer any of the questions I put to you.  Maybe you could do that--or maybe you don't really have any answers to give.  When a person is an atheist, does merely looking at a bible strike them blind?  I would venture to say that I have read a bible from cover to cover--I would suggest most of those who profess to be christian have not done that. 

As for your suggestion that satan worshipers kill children has been debunked long ago.  But gullible theists like yourself (theists who don't check out facts all that well or often) still believe they do.  And I would suggest the members of the Church of Satan would not call themselves atheists.  After all, your god created Satan--as well as the Moloch.  If they did sacrifice children then it was because they were created with that capacity--and if god were really that adamant about them changing, he could do that in a heartbeat.  But no, he would rather sate his own bloodlust through his 'chosen'--whom he created as well.
Satanists are atheists:

"DO YOU WORSHIP SATAN?
No, nor do we believe in the existence of Satan or the supernatural. The Satanic Temple believes that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions"

--quoted from the Satanic Temple FAQ's

(https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/faq)

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 02:33:51 PM
That is very very handy for those doing the revealing!!!
Are you kidding? Most if not all prophets were ostracized or murdered by their own people!

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 02:57:24 PM
Even in that extreme example, I'd like to see a lion eating squash and nuts and tomatoes.  And if that commandment does say and mean 'kill' then he created a natural system that does not reflect that ideal.  In order to make any sense of what you are saying, you have to jump through hoop after hoop--and even then it makes no sense.  But you are amusing.
Didn't you see the vegetarian lion link?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 12:44:34 PM
I was being facetious of course.  I consider the NRSV to be most accurate, although no translation can be relied upon as authoritative.

So, you do acknowledge that even the NRSV is the 'most' accurate--therefore, there is no actual bible that is accurate.  That is my point.  Pretty sloppy of your god don't you think???  Oh----sorry, you don't think--don't you believe??

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 03, 2019, 03:05:12 PM
So, you do acknowledge that even the NRSV is the 'most' accurate--therefore, there is no actual bible that is accurate.  That is my point.  Pretty sloppy of your god don't you think???  Oh----sorry, you don't think--don't you believe??
There is no 100% accurate Bible today, I affirm that.  But blaming it on God is foolishness. 

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on August 03, 2019, 02:56:39 PM
and thus is the pretzel that religionists are willing to bend to ignore the obvious words of the babble and to "re-construct" them to their liking. Reason 1 why so many abandon the bullshit when the bullshitters are so obviously bullshitting.

Quote from: George Bernard Shaw
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it means what he says.

Quote from:  J.S. Bullion, Jr.
Armies of Bible scholars and theologians have for centuries found respected employment devising artful explanations of the Bible not really meaning what it says.

Verbal gymnastics in defense of faith could become an Olympic sport!
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 03, 2019, 03:09:04 PM
There is no 100% accurate Bible today, I affirm that.  But blaming it on God is foolishness. 

So, God isn't powerful enough to have kept his sacred message to humanity error-free and clear enough not to be open to interpretation?
God Not Found