News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quest for Truth

Started by Absolute_Agent, June 16, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 12:52:58 PMwhich clearly shows
I'm not interested in any of your trash books or comments. Clear enough?

Deus summus

Baruch

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 02:01:04 PM

Deus summus

Please be patient.  Some of us are so old we have to often run to put on another adult diaper, or forget to take our medicine ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 02:01:04 PM

Deus summus

As long as you post here, you'll get the treatment you deserve. You're a liar, and you will be called out every time you lie. GET IT.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 12:32:14 PM
Believe what you will.  Yes, I said it myself.  However not all science requires evidence.  Formal science relies solely on deductive reasoning.

Deus summus
I will thank you for forcing me to learn something new.  I love it when my ignorance can be diminished.  This is the definition of both science and formal science:

Science (from the Latin word scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

As opposed to empirical sciences (natural and social), the formal sciences do not involve empirical procedures. They also do not presuppose knowledge of contingent facts, or describe the real world. In this sense, formal sciences are both logically and methodologically a priori, for their content and validity are independent of any empirical procedures.
Therefore, straightly speaking, formal science is not a science. 

I can understand why you love formal science, especially since the word 'science' is part of the title of a formal system of wishful thinking.  You can come up with all sorts of assertions and statements in formal science in which you do not have to use nor produce anything testable--you just have to 'believe'it.  You positions and beliefs are just that--beliefs you assert is true for you--you don't have to produce any form of evidence or anything testable.  Really easy for you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 02:06:53 PM
Please be patient.  Some of us are so old we have to often run to put on another adult diaper, or forget to take our medicine ;-)
That still leaves us with a lot of time to stick a needle into some inflated egos...

aileron

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 11:15:42 AM
I'm not here to convert anybody or write a thesis. My statements are based on personal research that I've done over years.  A lot of people here make make bald assertions without supporting evidence.  That's the nature of online discussion forums.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2018/12/04/new-science-suggests-biblical-city-of-sodom-was-smote-by-an-exploding-meteor/amp/

Deus summus

So your evidence is an appeal to authority, an authority at a non-accredited Bible-believing fundamentalist Christian "university"?

Oh, my.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hydra009

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 12:32:14 PMFormal science relies solely on deductive reasoning.
I'd love to see you try to say that BS to an actual scientist in person.

(Empiricism is central to science, in case you didn't know.)

aileron

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2019, 02:50:56 PM

I think, therefore I am... Okay where do we go from here? Crap... Apparently that's all science can tell us since it solely relies on deduction... Or at least that's all science can tell ME. Y'all are probably demons or I'm a Boltzmann brain or something.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 10:28:51 AM
That's rich coming from an ignoramus...

Maybe he's a causal retarded propagator?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 02:18:02 PM
I will thank you for forcing me to learn something new.  I love it when my ignorance can be diminished.  This is the definition of both science and formal science:

Science (from the Latin word scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

As opposed to empirical sciences (natural and social), the formal sciences do not involve empirical procedures. They also do not presuppose knowledge of contingent facts, or describe the real world. In this sense, formal sciences are both logically and methodologically a priori, for their content and validity are independent of any empirical procedures.
Therefore, straightly speaking, formal science is not a science.

I can understand why you love formal science, especially since the word 'science' is part of the title of a formal system of wishful thinking.  You can come up with all sorts of assertions and statements in formal science in which you do not have to use nor produce anything testable--you just have to 'believe'it.  You positions and beliefs are just that--beliefs you assert is true for you--you don't have to produce any form of evidence or anything testable.  Really easy for you.
I'm glad you can begin to understand me, and you're welcome.  I see the world as something like a playground.  It's fun but  you'll never arrive at any absolute truth through empirical data, because everything is relative and consciousness-driven.  Plus we as humans are incapable of perceiving anything as it really is--if such a thing even exists. All reality filters through subjective, instinct-driven senses.  It's an endless rabbit hole trying to find absolute truth in physical existence. 

With that said though, maybe you didn't learn as much as you thought since you are calling it wishful thinking.  Mathematics is a formal science.  You can't do anything in your world without math.  Secondly I didn't say I love formal science, I merely mentioned that it existed.  Honestly, all science including math is just child's play.  And like all children you're hyper-inflated that you think you know "something". The most ignorant is he who doesn't see their own ignorance.

Deus summus

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 02:11:51 PM
As long as you post here, you'll get the treatment you deserve. You're a liar, and you will be called out every time you lie. GET IT.
I see you don't handle rejection well.  Don't worry we'll work on that.

Deus summus

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 14, 2019, 02:18:02 PM

He believes you are applauding him. Sarcasm is not his strong suite.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 14, 2019, 04:28:44 PM
I see you don't handle rejection well.  Don't worry we'll work on that.

Deus summus

What we need in your case is a LIE COUNTER. I'm pretty sure it's close to 300 by now...

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 14, 2019, 02:50:56 PM

Oh I would love it too dearest Hydra.  [emoji38]

Deus summus

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 04:39:36 PM
What we need in your case is a LIE COUNTER. I'm pretty sure it's close to 300 by now...
Ha ha ha. Pathetic.

Deus summus