News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Straight pride parade.

Started by Munch, June 08, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

And I was a bit lazy to look it up until now but...

Mark Sahady, one of the organizers of the event, has said it's explicitly intended to, "Poke fun at the identity politics of the left".

It is explicitly not about straight pride, but rather being antagonistic. And again, I realise you don't see any problem with that... but that again only really says something about you and nothing else.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 09, 2019, 09:44:51 PM
Yes.

Edit - I misread that as, "having a parade to stop gay marriage.". However those parades against LGBT+ rights do lead to an energized voting base that elects politicians who want to deny these groups of their rights, so in a not-so-very abstract way, they do still stop gay marriage.

apparently you don't understand the law of the country you live in if you think that.

QuoteIf certain churches and organizations had their way, probably.

We're not governed by theocracy anymore, so again, nope.

Probably not, since segregation is not what the anti-LGBT+ community want anyways.

[/quote]

you sure, I thought they were evil incarnate.

QuoteNone of which actually addressed the question we have asked you multiple times; how many straight rights are under attack? What laws currently put limitations and restrictions upon the rights of straight people? How many elected officials or people of power are actively (or even suggesting) oppression of straight people? How many straight people are being bullied, beaten, committing suicide, being killed because they are straight?

Drac already gave you an example. regardless, acts committed against minority groups doesn't give carte blanche to act out in similar ways based on anyones gender or sexuality. You keep missing that point don't you? 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Roe V Wade is the law of the land.  Except in a large number of states.  Any woman has the right to have an abortion.  Unless they live in a growing number of states, then either they can't get one or there are not any clinics left that will do them.  I can foresee a day when Roe V Wade will still be in effect--except there won't be any clinics that will preform them in any state.  The right, if it can, will turn back the clock on gay rights and make it so difficult for gays to marry that it becomes impossible.  As a young, young adult, I felt racism was essentially dead; look at where we are now; white nationalism is now out in the open and gaining power every day.  When it comes to christians/conservatives they will do or say anything for what they term the 'greater good' or what they deem their values and morals.  We must never, ever assume that rights that have been achieved are not taken away. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on June 09, 2019, 10:07:11 PM
apparently you don't understand the law of the country you live in if you think that.
US law is a bit less rigid than you seem to realize. It's not uncommon at all for the States and the Fed to contradict each other, and even though the Fed is supposed to trump the States, the latter still get their way fairly often. For example, outlawing or severely limiting abortion is unconstitutional, but states do it anyway. Cannabis is illegal for both medical and personal use at the federal level, yet many states legalized one or both unchallenged.

Gay marriage can and does still get interfered with by government officials at various levels. Sometimes it's punished. Other times it isn't. And the fact that officials can, with the support of vocal protestors, shut down gay marriage without consequences means these parades are a legitimate threat. Hardline conservatives in America are not as toothless as you seem to think they are. The old dog still has a bite that draws blood.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quoteapparently you don't understand the law of the country you live in if you think that.

Please, explain it to me then. Because the last time I checked, elected politicians in my country vote on and pass laws and those laws effect the citizens of the region they were elected to govern.

But who knows, I might be wrong about that.

QuoteDrac already gave you an example. regardless, acts committed against minority groups doesn't give carte blanche to act out in similar ways based on anyones gender or sexuality. You keep missing that point don't you?

Yes, an example that other straight players in the WNBA say is simply not accurate, as well as calling out the fact she made derogatory remarks herself about the LGBT community. A person with a toxic attitude received a toxic response; who woulda thunk it?

If she did receive harassment because she was straight, then that is certainly wrong. However there is simply no evidence to point to that, and don't you think if it was the gay players looking to stick it to the straight players, other straight players would have been harassed as well?

I'm sorry, but I've seen you call bullshit on far less when African Americans, Muslims, women, etc. claim they were discriminated against. If you want to play that card, then tough shit when someone plays it back on you.

And yes, I keep on missing that point because literally no one is making it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Or because your so shortsighted you can't see that not everything is black and white or not every liberal has to be stereotypical or on a crusade against conservatives. Clearly even then there is such thing as logic, and sociology and also philosophy your forgetting. But who am I kidding? Y'all  think zealously that everything that is liberal and left are your own bullshit and that logic and leftist ideology can only be stereotypical SJW PC shit.

I'm reminded of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlIjMJBSnRE

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 10, 2019, 05:41:00 AM
Or because your so shortsighted you can't see that not everything is black and white or not every liberal has to be stereotypical or on a crusade against conservatives. Clearly even then there is such thing as logic, and sociology and also philosophy your forgetting. But who am I kidding? Y'all  think zealously that everything that is liberal and left are your own bullshit and that logic and leftist ideology can only be stereotypical SJW PC shit.
Translation: "I don't have a rebuttal, so I'll just keep insulting you until you give up."

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 10, 2019, 08:46:32 AM
Translation: "I don't have a rebuttal, so I'll just keep insulting you until you give up."

There have always been too much ad hominem here, from people who we would expect to be above average.

Munch - you aren't really oppressed unless you are at the train depot at Auschwitz.  Which, in the US, happens very single day because all White men are straight Nazis.

So far, actual criminal (not objectionable) anti-straight behavior is not much.  But that isn't the basis now, it is "someone was offended".  On that basis the US looks like Stalingrad 1942-43.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Baruch on June 10, 2019, 08:51:01 AM
There have always been too much ad hominem here, from people who we would expect to be above average.
I just want someone to answer mine and Shiranu's question already. If straight people really are being oppressed, it should be an easy enough question to answer.

Which congressman, president, governor, justice, judge, police department, corporation, or church is exercising power on a large enough scale to be a credible threat to straight people?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 09, 2019, 09:51:32 PM
The POTUS also floated the idea of straight up banning transgendered people from the military simply for being transgendered.

That was the law, until recently, under Clinton, Bush, Obama.  But exceptions were made, so I am told.

If you are physically or mentally ill (I do think that transgendered, but not gay people, are disturbed) then you are not fit enough to serve.  Most Americans for various reasons, aren't fit to serve.  When they do, things like Caine Mutiny happen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 09, 2019, 08:36:34 PM
"Given the times we live in"? You mean the times where we have a self-proclaimed Theocrat as the Vice President of the strongest Western nation? The times we live in where we have an extremely socially conservative Supreme Court? The times we live in where LGBT+ rights and protections, particularly in regards to housing and healthcare, are being undermined in multiple states across the union without any hope of the Federal government protecting them? The times we live in where the number of violent attacks on transgendered Americans, particularly transgendered Americans of colours, are on the rise?

Those times we live in? You really don't see how an event intentionally meant to steal attention from, and demean, the LGBT community and those who stand up for their rights is a problem in those times we live in?

And don't you forget it (the theocrat).  Weak D party campaigning, with endless lame excuses, produced that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 10, 2019, 08:57:29 AM
I just want someone to answer mine and Shiranu's question already. If straight people really are being oppressed, it should be an easy enough question to answer.

Which congressman, president, governor, justice, judge, police department, corporation, or church is exercising power on a large enough scale to be a credible threat to straight people?

The problem is that you both inserted a question unrelated to the subject, and then dismissed everything else because there wasn't an answer to the question you forced into the conversation. It had nothing to do with political and law figures, it has to do with the growing diatribe barfed out by people online and in political rallies, you see this shit on platforms like Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, and because of this it can be an influence to spread more negativity.

You look to politicians and law figures for being the fault of spreading negativity towards minorities, what about people on the platforms I mentioned spreading the same rhetoric about others based on their, skin, gender or sexuality, straight white men, because by having platforms that allow such rhetoric to go unchallenged, it creates as a means of spreading that same negativity, only it's not policed by law figures, but rather those who run said platforms and their own bias ideals.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 09, 2019, 02:39:44 PM
Are "animal" or "dead person" considered gender or sexual identities? No? Then why would bestiality or necrophilia be included? You're starting to sound like the Conservatives who equate the LGBT with pedophiles.

Nope, just being provocative.  But Munch mentioned months ago, the Fabian slope of how other "sexual choices" are trying to find acceptance on the coattails of regular gay people.  That is real.

Sex acts, not sex identities.  Read more carefully.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 09, 2019, 07:59:20 PM
Bitch I don’t even have television service and I hardly ever listen to my car’s radio. Your rants about “the media” mean nothing to me. I have taken actual university courses on this shit. I know the historical and sociological context of anti-lgbt oppression and heterosexual hegemony. If I say straight people aren’t oppressed, it’s because they aren’t. If you don’t want my educated opinion, feel free to fuck off. I didn’t pay thousands of dollars to study this shit just to have some jackoff recite Conservapedia bullshit to me.

Clarifying, not opposing ...

Marxist identity theory.  White, male, Cis cannot be victims of oppression.  Because they have power and act on it.  Black, female, Gay cannot be oppressors.  Because they are powerless.  But bigotry is different.  Black, female or Gay can be bigoted.  But bigotry falls short of oppression, because oppression is bigotry plus power.

Where I disagree is on the Marxist spin.  Not all White, not all male, not all Cis are powerful.  Not all powerful act on it.  Not all Black, female or Gay power powerless.  But this gets tribal, where everyone as to choose sides and lose their individuality.

Marxism = how can I take systemic problems and make violent revolution
Capitalism = how can I take systemic problems and profit from them

I know which one I prefer, given that I don't think systemic problems are ever going away.
Marx never held an honest job in his life (intelligentsia doesn't count), he was a leach.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on June 10, 2019, 09:08:01 AM
The problem is that you both inserted a question unrelated to the subject, and then dismissed everything else because there wasn't an answer to the question you forced into the conversation. It had nothing to do with political and law figures, it has to do with the growing diatribe barfed out by people online and in political rallies, you see this shit on platforms like Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, and because of this it can be an influence to spread more negativity.

You look to politicians and law figures for being the fault of spreading negativity towards minorities, what about people on the platforms I mentioned spreading the same rhetoric about others based on their, skin, gender or sexuality, straight white men, because by having platforms that allow such rhetoric to go unchallenged, it creates as a means of spreading that same negativity, only it's not policed by law figures, but rather those who run said platforms and their own bias ideals.
You keep talking about these vague groups. I cannot investigate vague groups.

I am asking, in good faith, for you to give me something to investigate. I will give my honest opinion on whether or not the source(s) you name constitute a legitimate threat to straight rights, whether at a local or national level. I will not move the goal posts. If I find your evidence lacking, I will  tell you why and then simply ask if you have a better example. Very simple and straightforward. You may take your time finding evidence you think will convince me, just make sure to @ me so I’ll see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk