News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Straight pride parade.

Started by Munch, June 08, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote...there should be no parade for straight people because lack history as oppressed or because they're not a minority.

I don't have an inherent problem with a straight pride parade if it is genuinely intended to show pride in one's own identity, though I would find it a bit silly. The problem is that this parade is specifically to be antagonistic towards another identity, not to celebrate one's own. There should not be a place in civilized society for demonstrations that are explicitly about antagonizing or hurting other people.

I am personally against Klansmen being allowed to congregate, particularly if they wanted to do so in black neighbourhoods. Likewise, I would be personally against Black Hebrew Israelites (a strongly anti-white community) being given the right to congregate in public and do demonstrations in white communities.

Edit - And I do realise there is also an inherent slippery slope to that position of what counts as intentionally antagonistic, but even you two are agreeing the whole point of this is to be obnoxious and hateful. When even people who agree with it think it's antagonistic, then I feel safe in saying it's antagonistic.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

No we are not agreeing the whole point of making a straight parade is to be obnoxious and hateful. You are. Your're putting words in our mouths again.

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 10:59:12 PM
No we are not agreeing the whole point of making a straight parade is to be obnoxious and hateful. You are. Your're putting words in our mouths again.

Okay, your right, you have been pretty consistent that it has anything to do with straight pride. My apologies.

That said, it also doesn't change the fact that... again, who is oppressing straight people? Tell me one politician in America who is oppressing straight people. Tell me one city that has enacted laws that limit the rights of straight people? Cite one example of police brutality, or even civilian brutality, against a straight couple for being straight. How many straight people were tortured by legal organizations to turn them gay?

These things are THE reason, the explicit reason, that there is a gay pride parade. Yes, it's about expressing pride in one's identity... but the entire reason they feel they have to express pride in their identity is because it's been suppressed and oppressed for literally millennia.

When people say there needs to be a straight pride celebration because there is a gay one, they imply that there is somewhat equal footing between the two groups, when there is not. The entire premise is, at best, based on a false narrative; at worse, in cases like this, based on one intending to cause division and chaos. And it ultimately either ignores or worse tries to make something intended to celebrate peoples success through hardship into a conversation all about themselves.

That is what I, and I assume 99% of people, have a problem with. And I am sure there are probably a few psychopath idiots on blogs who are actually frothing at the lips because how dare straight people get a parade, but literally no one here and no one in the real world agrees with those people or supports them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Edit - Separated into two posts, because it's two distinct train of thoughts...

It's like demanding a "White Heritage Month" just because there is an "African American Heritage Month". I am 110% in favour of increasing the amount of cultural celebrations we have in the United States; I would love to see more Italian-American, Greek-American, English-American, Irish-American, German-American, French, Dutch, Belgian, Polish, Czech, Russian, Hungarian, etc. cultural celebrations in the United States, and more celebration of the achievements and successes of people of these ethnic groups. I think that would be fucking amazing.

But being "White" is borderline not an identity, and certainly no more than being "Straight" is. There is a culture around the LGBT+ community to celebrate, but there is simply no "culture" to being straight; other than sharing an attraction to the opposite sex there is nothing within that identity that would tie two or more people together. There are no historical hardships, no success stories, nothing to celebrate about being straight.

If people want to celebrate it, again... that's fine, even if I find it as silly as, "Breathing Pride Day!". But this is not a celebration, this is antagonization. It would be like telling people on Veterans Day, "WHY ISN'T THERE A CIVILIANS DAY, HUHHHHH??". It's technically not wrong, but it completely misses the point.

Sal1981

I hate every pride parades.

You know who also hates pride parades? Gay people that want to live normal lives. I bet right now, your woke brain is thinking I want gays, trans, etc. to stay in the closet, hmmm? You guys are insufferable. I see the same shit on this straight pride parade, it's a straight out troll (see what I did there?) of the political flavor, that's all it is. I don't buy this all-inclusivity shit, but I didn't buy that from LGBT+ pride parades either.

I also find it laughable that people here think that LGBT+ pride parades is somehow a display of the historical struggles of LGBT+ rights. It's not. If you want to know about that, read a history book. It's a celebration, sure, but it's devoid of the true struggles people had to endure. There's an annual festival here called Ã"lavsøka, which is also pretty devoid of its historical meaning, and is just an excuse to go on a 3 day drinking binge for most. Everyone has their struggles. I'm more concerned about actual human rights abuses than some pride parade. And want to know where the shit hits the fan? Muslim majority countries, where you'd definitely not find a LGBT+ pride parade.

Not to derail too much, but I will anyways; struggles to attain human rights for people is where the ball should be played. If it takes picketing, then do that. I just hope we can be really progressive enough to see that we can change things and attain human rights without violence. But who am I kidding - people are violent and only take action when shit hits the fan.

Have your big annual festival, I want no part in it, and that should be OK too.

Shiranu

QuoteHave your big annual festival, I want no part in it, and that should be OK too.

And it is.

Of course, I completely disagree that it's not a celebration of LGBT+ culture, but to each their own.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 08, 2019, 11:34:24 PM
I hate every pride parades.

You know who also hates pride parades? Gay people that want to live normal lives. I bet right now, your woke brain is thinking I want gays, trans, etc. to stay in the closet, hmmm? You guys are insufferable. I see the same shit on this straight pride parade, it's a straight out troll (see what I did there?) of the political flavor, that's all it is. I don't buy this all-inclusivity shit, but I didn't buy that from LGBT+ pride parades either.

I also find it laughable that people here think that LGBT+ pride parades is somehow a display of the historical struggles of LGBT+ rights. It's not. If you want to know about that, read a history book. It's a celebration, sure, but it's devoid of the true struggles people had to endure. There's an annual festival here called Ã"lavsøka, which is also pretty devoid of its historical meaning, and is just an excuse to go on a 3 day drinking binge for most. Everyone has their struggles. I'm more concerned about actual human rights abuses than some pride parade. And want to know where the shit hits the fan? Muslim majority countries, where you'd definitely not find a LGBT+ pride parade.

Not to derail too much, but I will anyways; struggles to attain human rights for people is where the ball should be played. If it takes picketing, then do that. I just hope we can be really progressive enough to see that we can change things and attain human rights without violence. But who am I kidding - people are violent and only take action when shit hits the fan.

Have your big annual festival, I want no part in it, and that should be OK too.

Such a pessimist lol

Baruch

Pride parade goeth before the fall.  All odd people need to be self-identified, before the coming purge ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 09:15:53 PM
you just have to look at whats happened in south africa and white farmers for one example of white people facing oppression in that part of the world.

All White males deserve what they have coming (Karl Marx appendix 25a).  It is all part of the post-modern Trotsky-ite narrative control.

The reality isn't political.  It is war of everyone against everyone else.  It only looks better when Blacks are doing it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2019, 08:23:34 PM
Last time I checked, no one bats an eye at two straight people getting married, no one gets disowned for coming out as straight, there are no straight conversion camps, no "straight bashing", job discrimination, etc.

Honestly, I wish you guys would be more honest about your approach and just admit that this is really just about triggering the Left by adopting the mannerisms without the substance.  I dunno how you two feel about SJWs, but they're the last people on Earth I'd try to emulate.  And as vile as their tactics are, at least the SJWs can semi-convincingly argue that they're just trying to make the world a better place.  Can these right-wing SJW wannabes say the same?

In politics, I can't agree that gays etc are innocent.  We are all monsters in the closet.  If I support gay marriage for instance, it has nothing to do with fantasy that gays are innocent (of sexual immorality).  Any more than straight people are innocent (of sexual immorality).  It is because I support marriage.  Not because I think anyone has any rights to anything.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 07:53:12 PM
It's because the left can't see that they oppress CIS gender for existing because the pain they felt during oppression that makes it Ironic. Yes LBGT are more oppressed than CIS, but that doesn't make the insecurities and injustice wrong on both accounts. This is why trolls give off so easily, because the left doesn't realize what they do when they heavily, militarize their ideas and oppress others is exactly what the right does and whom they swore to defeat.

Munch looks at this topic and sees the comic irony and y'all get offended to prove point. Also because it's so true and that CIS should have their own parade like a parade for Caucasian people, which again would simultaneous explode because yet y'all have no reasonable logic that explains that we are all human and should have pride in ourselves not because we are one labeled few but because we are different and theirs nothing wrong with being different.

Honestly the social construct of the victim has been shoved down our throats too long many people are getting tired of it. Even down the very people who agree to an extent with leftist politics, are getting mocked and belittled by SJW's for not being on the left enough.

People like Munch don't fit into the convenient Leftist stereotype that meets the needs of the Left, just like Black people who don't hate Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 08, 2019, 08:58:21 PM
A-sexuals are included in the LGBT+, you goddamn moron. As are the polyamorous, and anyone who isn't straight or cis. Some people have taken to using the term GRSM (Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minorities) instead, because it's more clear about who it includes, but Jesus Christ. You should know this stuff already. At least, you would, if you actually listened to people on the Left instead of listening to what right wing YouTubers tell you we have to say.

But what about Bestiality and Necrophilia?  Will they get their own Congressional support committee?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 08, 2019, 09:14:25 PM
saw a great post on FB "isn't straight pride the same as the drive thru lanes a a Chix-Fil-A?

If you don't like the chicken, have a hamburger.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2019, 03:15:21 AM
If you don't like the chicken, have a hamburger.

------------------------->

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 10:25:13 PM
But they are oppressed by militant "woke" SJW's in today's society
No they're not.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel