News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Straight pride parade.

Started by Munch, June 08, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 09:15:53 PM
you just have to look at whats happened in south africa and white farmers for one example of white people facing oppression in that part of the world.

You mean those white farmers (and also the black farmhands, who get left out of the story) who are at a 20-year record low of violence against them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/15/tucker-carlson-those-south-african-white-rights-activists-arent-telling-you-whole-truth/?utm_term=.293ba3bf93ba

QuoteWhat’s more, as you can see in the figures below, since 2010, the rate of “farm attacks” has declined even more quickly than that of other contact crimes across South Africa. In 2017-2018, there were 62 murders on farms in South Africa. Out of a total population of more than 800,000 farm residents, that’s about 5.7 murders per 100,000 people. By contrast, nationally the rate is 35.8 murders per 100,000 people. (While not all farmers are white, the government doesn’t yet have a racial breakdown of the agricultural population. The government is currently undertaking an agricultural census, which will provide more complete data on the agricultural sector.) We do know, however, that of those 62 people killed in “farm murders” in 2017-2018, the government reports that 46 of the victims were white.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/farm-murder-rate-lowest-in-20-years-remoteness-the-reason-for-brutality-20180531

QuoteFarm murders have decreased to their lowest level in more than 20 years, a report by agricultural organisation AgriSA has found.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 09:09:05 PM
Yet their are struggles of CIS white able bodied people in the modern world. Your thinking that the people that are not CIS, white, able bodied, should only have parades celebrating them because they struggled more? That's such rubbish. It should be celebrating humans as a whole not part unless your willing to see the flaws in such a notion.

Also if you look at history theirs so many struggles within white history with white people, CIS, and able bodied people, are you telling me your too lazy to look it up or your saying because your -----, gives you the right to be proud and celebrate history or have a parade?

You and Munch really need to work on your reading comprehension. It's not about who suffers more. I never once said that, nor did anyone else. It's about the cause of their suffering. Name one person who has suffered BECAUSE they were straight. Not straight people who happened to suffer; people who suffered because they were straight.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 08:27:27 PM
okay, lets tell it like it is.

Infact, Draconic Aiur already did. This has nothing to do with sexual rights
The thing about being dishonest is that you can only do it once and you've crippled your credibility and sabotaged your own reputation.  Now no one needs to take what you say seriously again.

Shiranu

Quoteand yet, here you are, offended by what I've said.

I'm not offended by what you said, I'm annoyed that you will consistently lie through your teeth and not show an inch of self-reflection.

Don't mistake distaste for your childish antics as offense. I'm not offended by an 8 year old throwing a hissy fit, I'm annoyed.

Quote... if you weren't so easily offended by something like this, why are you even here.

Because I know your dumb ass would be in here spreading shit like, "WhItE fArMeRs In AfRiCa!" or whatever other false bullshit you felt like spewing out on the forum today.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2019, 09:31:54 PM
The thing about being dishonest is that you can only do it once and you've crippled your credibility and sabotaged your own reputation.  Now no one needs to take what you say seriously again.

and if I don't give a shit about what those who don't take me seriously think, what have I lost exactly?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 09:33:41 PM
and if I don't give a shit about what those who don't take me seriously think, what have I lost exactly?

Integrity and dignity, though I guess you cant lose something you never apparently had.

Blackleaf

Here, let me get this out of the way...

There. I laid out the whole Right Wing playbook so you no longer have to, Munch. Thread over.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2019, 09:32:44 PM
I'm not offended by what you said, I'm annoyed that you will consistently lie through your teeth and not show an inch of self-reflection.

Don't mistake distaste for your childish antics as offense. I'm not offended by an 8 year old throwing a hissy fit, I'm annoyed.

Because I know your dumb ass would be in here spreading shit like, "WhItE fArMeRs In AfRiCa!" or whatever other false bullshit you felt like spewing out on the forum today.

Okay, let me tell you a story.

A friend of mine I meet 15 years ago, in my local town, turned out he and his family were from south Africa, white south Africans, who due to their business had to work overseas 6 months of the year. I only got to see him so often because he had to move to and from england and south africa due to his families business.
I lost contact with him, I didn't know what happened to him, until 4-5 years ago, when I got word of what happened. He and his family had to move from their family home in south africa because of it being burned down along with several other homes in the area he once lived. they lost their livelihood, and had to struggle to start a new life here in the uk.

Maybe your social justice teachers tell you stuff like this doesn't happen because only people of color ever suffer, but given I've got a friend who did suffer though the attacks that occurred there based on there skin color, calling what I've said about this bullshit, its frankly an insult to my friend.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 09:33:41 PM
You lose what you care about the most: attention.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2019, 09:44:45 PM
You lose what you care about the most: attention.

Its never been about attention. I came to this forum in the hopes of finding like minded people who had more open mindedness, figuring atheism was a window to that, that casting off rhetoric of religion would be an easily place to discuss stuff.
Sadly what I found is rhetoric just takes another form, social rhetoric based on just as crocked principles as any religion here. When people are bound to certain ideals they don't care to think outside that bubble.

The only thing I'm disappointed in that people who should be able to recognize there own rhetoric as bad as those they often accuse of just can't manage to do so.

Draconic Aiur

I'm frustrated but not fully rage on. I'm only giving my reasoning and trying to have you understand the negative aspects on what your're defending to which ignoring, being victimized and issuing a ad hominem attack. Also giving that EVERYONE should matter, not just the few, and we should take pride in ourselves as long as we are not oppressing people in our pride(even though the most extreme think everything is offensive and oppressive even peanut butter).

I'm a humanitarian that wants to celebrate EVERYONE not just the LGBT or people who aren't white or handicapped. So for a simple matter of parading even though I think it's ridiculous should be celebrated because its funny and because it's just.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 08, 2019, 09:37:41 PM
Here, let me get this out of the way...

There. I laid out the whole Right Wing playbook so you no longer have to, Munch. Thread over.

Ah the "if you don't agree with me you must be a republican" Bullshit

Hijiri Byakuren

The straight pride parade completely misses the point of its lgbt counterpart. The whole point of gay/lgbt pride events is to celebrate the side of sexual identity that has been historically repressed or oppressed by various cultures on Earth.

The straight pride movement completely misses the point. No one has ever been oppressed at the societal level for being straight, and straight people are not excluded from pride events (indeed, participation is often encouraged). This is simply a conservative backlash movement trying to paint a false "us vs them" narrative.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Draconic Aiur

But they are oppressed by militant "woke" SJW's in today's society that say's straight people should be ashamed of their own sexuality because their involvement in oppressing gay people in the past and present and saying straight people should not have pride in themselves and should not have privilege like gay privilege. You yourself are saying that's when you are saying: there should be no parade for straight people because lack history as oppressed or because they're not a minority. This logic reasoning is harmful and a negative aspect of diversity and multiculturalism.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be proud and themselves for LGBT or indigenous people's oppression throughout the ages I'm saying everyone should be proud of each one's self because we're all human. And no human should be left out because they are different.

Shiranu

QuoteBut they are oppressed by militant "woke" SJW's in today's society that say's straight people should be ashamed of their own sexuality...

Honest question here...

Who the fuck gives a shit what people like that think?

I mean seriously, who fucking cares? I know I sure as hell don't. And if you do... why?

They don't have power, particularly in America. They aren't anywhere close to having power, and given the conservative nature of America (even our progressives are still operating in a very conservative view of the world) they never will have power.

If there was one Congressman, one President, one Supreme Court Justice, one District Attorney, anything, then I certainly would understand... but these type of people literally have no power on American politics, and basically none on our social policy as well.