News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Straight pride parade.

Started by Munch, June 08, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/straight-pride-parade-one-may-be-coming-boston-summer-n1014861

QuoteA little less than one week into LGBTQ Pride Month, an organization in Boston, Massachusetts, says it’s organizing a “straight pride” parade with Brad Pitt as its mascot.

Boston might be getting a "Straight Pride Parade" later this summer.

Just a few days into LGBTQ Pride Month, a group of men in Boston announced they were planning a parade to commemorate the straight community. With a tagline of “It’s great to be straight,” the event organizers have adopted Brad Pitt as their “mascot” and even have a “straight pride flag” to represent their “oppressed majority.”

The organization behind the event, tentatively planned for Aug. 31, is Super Happy Fun America, a group “committed to creating spaces for people of all identities to embrace the vibrancy of the straight community.” It believes that “true diversity is only possible when people of all sexual orientations are free to celebrate their lifestyles.”

Mark Sahady, the organization's vice president and a member of the right-wing group "Resist Marxism," announced on Facebook May 30 that Boston Straight Pride “will happen” and claims that the city is working with the group after it filed a "discrimination complaint."

“...it appears the City of Boston understands they would lose in litigation,” Sahady wrote. “The city is now working with us on the parade. We will have the streets closed and be allowed to have floats and vehicles.”

Sahady has organized several other controversial rallies in Boston, including a “Rally for the Republic” in 2017 that drew fewer than 100 right-wing demonstrators and a pro-gun protest in response to the March for Our Lives in 2018.

The post went on to say that the tentative date would be finalized in the coming weeks and provided a map of the parade route.

Sahady did not return NBC News' request for comment.

In response to the public uproar, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh released a statement to NBC News shifting the spotlight to the city's upcoming LGBTQ pride events happening this weekend.

"Every year Boston hosts our annual Pride Week, where our city comes together to celebrate the diversity, strength and acceptance of our LGBTQ community," he said. "This is a special week that represents Boston's values of love and inclusion, which are unwavering. I encourage everyone to join us in celebration this Saturday for the Pride Parade and in the fight for progress and equality for all.”

City Hall confirmed to NBC News that the group applied for a permit for the event but said that a permit has not yet been granted.

“As with all groups seeking to host events in the City of Boston, groups must go through the City of Boston permit process to host events in the City of Boston,” a City Hall spokesperson said.

People took to social media to publicly condemn the event.

Actor George Takei tweeted, “They're planning a ‘straight pride’ parade in Boston, presumably to commemorate that historic moment when courageous heterosexual frat bros finally stood up to the gay cops who had been harassing and arresting them for decades.”

Many straight celebrities also lent their voices to the social media outcry, including actor Chris Evans, the band Smashmouth and Congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

“Will ‘Straight Pride’ be a Freaky Friday type situation where all of our history books, movies, stories, media, news, etc feature mostly LGBTQ+ people & perspectives?” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Will people have to come out as straight? What would folks march in? Socks w/ sandals on? Dad jeans?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF-wxvTFJo&t=216s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGT16dC18Qo

I would attend this, I'd ask my straight friends to come with and we'd have a blast, and celebrate their sexuality together.

After all, sexuality is meant to be inclusive to all spectrum, so if they can have gay, trans and lesbian pride, its only fair people celebrate their sexuality whatever it may be.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

_Xenu_

This thing is only meant to be provocative. My response to it is troll, do not feed.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on June 08, 2019, 03:03:28 PM
This thing is only meant to be provocative. My response to it is troll, do not feed.

how come? Shouldn't all sexuality (minus the ones that hurt people like children) be part of the celebration?

Munch

Infact, heres a list of my fav straight couples in fiction.

Goliath and Eliza (gargoyles series)
Black canary and Green Arrow (dc comics)
Hellboy and liz (hellboy series)
Belle and the Beast (disney beauty and the beast)
Carl Fredricksen and Ellie Fredricksen (Up)
WALL-E and EVE (Wall-e)
Morticia and Gomez Addams (Addams family)
Martha and Jonathan Kent (superman series)
Sam Wheat and Molly Jensen (Ghost)
Fry and Leela (futurama)

Blackleaf

Are you serious, Munch? This has got to be the most brain dead post I've seen from you. Are you trying to be the new PR?

Do you need me to explain to you why the LGBT Pride Parade is important? The LGBT are groups of people who have been, and are still being, persecuted. "Pride" is about being proud of who you are, despite the world telling you to be ashamed of it. You know what group has never had to face persecution for being who they are? STRAIGHT PEOPLE, you fucking idiot.

Seriously, Conservatives are a bunch of delicate snowflakes. They have to be included in everything, or they'll throw a hissy fit.

"Black Lives Matter? What about All Lives Matter?"

"Why isn't there a White History Month?"

"Why do the gays get a parade? I want a parade too!"

Asking for a straight pride parade is like looking at handicapped parking spaces and demanding you have able-bodied parking spaces. You don't need it. Stop being an asshole. If you want to go to a parade, go to the LGBT Pride parade. Believe it or not, they welcome straight allies. This isn't about being included, it's about silencing the queers.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mermaid

This is a clear demonstration of idiocy.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 08, 2019, 04:53:20 PM
Are you serious, Munch? This has got to be the most brain dead post I've seen from you. Are you trying to be the new PR?

Do you need me to explain to you why the LGBT Pride Parade is important? The LGBT are groups of people who have been, and are still being, persecuted. "Pride" is about being proud of who you are, despite the world telling you to be ashamed of it. You know what group has never had to face persecution for being who they are? STRAIGHT PEOPLE, you fucking idiot.

Seriously, Conservatives are a bunch of delicate snowflakes. They have to be included in everything, or they'll throw a hissy fit.

"Black Lives Matter? What about All Lives Matter?"

"Why isn't there a White History Month?"

"Why do the gays get a parade? I want a parade too!"

Asking for a straight pride parade is like looking at handicapped parking spaces and demanding you have able-bodied parking spaces. You don't need it. Stop being an asshole. If you want to go to a parade, go to the LGBT Pride parade. Believe it or not, they welcome straight allies. This isn't about being included, it's about silencing the queers.

Your not sounding very inclusive, not very progressive of you. I honestly thought better.

I don't see anyone aiming for this parade saying gay pride isn't important.

aitm

well its okay to give them folks their colored flags and a parade but good god now they get a whole month? Whats next a whole month for former Jap internment "peoples".......?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

QuoteI would attend this...

That does not surprise me in the least.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Well, there are people who hate sex.  Those who like same-sex, some who like other-sex and those who like any-sex ;-))

So where do posters fall?  (rhetorical)

Identity politics is where "name an oppressed minority" gets their own hit parade.  Italian-Americans (Columbus Day) get the best one,  a Federal holiday.  Irish-Americans (St Patrick's Day) get a good one, not a Federal holiday but well supported.  Cinco De Mayo (Mexican-American mostly) is another good one.  There are many other "pfft" announced special days by Congress, but not that much observance.  Lip service (but is kissing allowed?).  Notice the pattern, only the Catholics get to party hardy ;-))

I don't think we need any public sex parties, unless you are a "shameless nudist" ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 08, 2019, 05:25:59 PM
That does not surprise me in the least.

You saying you wouldn't? Guess I'm just more accepting of everyone's sexuality then

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 08, 2019, 05:27:21 PM
Well, there are people who hate sex.  Those who like same-sex, some who like other-sex and those who like any-sex ;-))

Good point, I never recall an a-sexual parade, maybe they just don't see reason to parade about the fact.

Draconic Aiur

I see no problem with it. In fact I laugh at the irony of outrage among the left.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 08, 2019, 05:35:20 PM
Good point, I never recall an a-sexual parade, maybe they just don't see reason to parade about the fact.

Atheist demonizing others?  Sure ... irony.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.