News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Straight pride parade.

Started by Munch, June 08, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Any group or non-group can have a parade for all I care--I don't go to any of them--all parades and rodeo's are the height of boring!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 09, 2019, 09:44:43 AM
Any group or non-group can have a parade for all I care--I don't go to any of them--all parades and rodeo's are the height of boring!!
I don't understand the importance of parades.  It's amazing that from New York City to Podunk that townspeople will line up on the streets to watch things go by.  Until I was ten, I thought parades were fascinating, but it may have been because my parents told me they were.  Without their perspective, I'm not sure what I would have thought about a crowd of people walking down the street in a long line.  When I was a Cub Scout, I was in a parade, but I can't remember how I felt about it.  I think I was supposed to feel important, but I don't think I felt much of anything.  My parents told me to go be in the parade with my friends, so I was in the parade because I did what my parents told me.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 10:03:00 PM
Ah the "if you don't agree with me you must be a republican" Bullshit

Didn't say that, either. My point was that Munch was playing from the Alt-Right playbook, not thinking for himself.

"That doesn't sound very inclusive."

"Clown world."

I mean, seriously. Aside from climate change, has Munch expressed any opinion in this forum in the last six months that wouldn't fit right in on the David Crowder show?

EDIT: To clarify, I am quite well aware that Munch is "Left of Center," according to some online surveys. But let me ask you something. If someone says they are on the side of the victim, but they oppose every attempt to help the victim, and even try to define the abuser as the real "victim," who's side are they really on? When the Alt-Right consistently spread Right Wind propaganda, are they functionally any different from the Right or are they just paying worthless lip service?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 08, 2019, 10:25:13 PM
But they are oppressed by militant "woke" SJW's in today's society that say's straight people should be ashamed of their own sexuality because their involvement in oppressing gay people in the past and present and saying straight people should not have pride in themselves and should not have privilege like gay privilege. You yourself are saying that's when you are saying: there should be no parade for straight people because lack history as oppressed or because they're not a minority. This logic reasoning is harmful and a negative aspect of diversity and multiculturalism.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be proud and themselves for LGBT or indigenous people's oppression throughout the ages I'm saying everyone should be proud of each one's self because we're all human. And no human should be left out because they are different.

I like how you completely ignored my challenge to find one person who has suffered because they were straight. You willingly ignore the point so your narrative doesn't have to be challenged.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2019, 03:13:17 AM
But what about Bestiality and Necrophilia?  Will they get their own Congressional support committee?

Are "animal" or "dead person" considered gender or sexual identities? No? Then why would bestiality or necrophilia be included? You're starting to sound like the Conservatives who equate the LGBT with pedophiles.
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 09, 2019, 02:35:26 PM
I like how you completely ignored my challenge to find one person who has suffered because they were straight. You willingly ignore the point so your narrative doesn't have to be challenged.

The problem with the way your coming across, is how while Drac is making it clear he thinks all genders and sexuality and races should be treated equally without persecution, you are going out of your way to claim such a thing doesn't occur to certain demographics.

Lets take domestic violence for example. When woman suffer domestic violence in the modern day, their are now strong laws and public protection of women when they suffer it, there are shelters, support roles, and its taken seriously.

But what about men in domestic violence? Are they taken as seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZH6YSQvwA

https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/ignoring-male-victims-sexual-violence-conflict-short-sighted-and-wrong
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

Records show men in these kinds of situations are not taken as seriously as when it happens to women. And why is that? Why is there such a stigma today that men can't be victims of domestic violence compared to women?

This is one example of the mindset of people today who form these opinions of straight guys, the media and public services are less likely to come to their aid, almost as if they don't have to take it as seriously as any other demographic, Hmmmmmm.

Nobody has a right to preach about progressivism if they are incapable of understanding the entire spectrum. Modern SJWs attack people for the way they are born, straight, white and male, because of shit that happened in the past.

Of course now your gonna say its all bullshit and its not happening or its not a big deal and just ignore it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Munch says "Modern SJWs attack people for the way they are born, straight, white and male, because of shit that happened in the past".

I'm a straight white male.

But Baruch calls me a SJW for the opposite reason (sometimes as an insult and sometimes not) and I am still a straight white male.  How am I both the target and the arrow?

I don't understand what is like to be gay,and gays don't understand what is is like to straight.  As an atheist, I can understand what it is like to be a disliked minority, but at the same time, I'm a straight white guy who know he was born to a certain level of benefit-by-birth.

I can't help that, so what do I do?

I'm not going to vote for a gay guy (or lesbian or other) just because of what they are any more than I voted for Obama just because he is  "black" or supported Hillary Clinton because she was a woman.  I thought Obama was the best Dem candidate (and it was a hard choice) and general election choice because of the person he was and Clinton in 2016 because of who she was.   

Where do I get off the SJW AND non-SJW train?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

I've never myself accused you of being an SJW. However I feel there are those on the left/liberal side a bit to forgiving of sjws, not seeing the problems they create. Its the same issue with conservatives who are a bit to forgiving of those on the far right.

Both should distance themselves from these kinds of people, otherwise they get given a platform to spread hate and unrest.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 09, 2019, 02:32:49 PM
Didn't say that, either. My point was that Munch was playing from the Alt-Right playbook, not thinking for himself.

Wow. really dude. You just said it.

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 09, 2019, 02:35:26 PM

Candice Wiggins
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/21/candace-wiggins-stanford-university-basketball

Quote from: Cavebear on June 09, 2019, 05:28:30 PM
Where do I get off the SJW AND non-SJW train?

It's more the far left SJW is what I'm talking about because in reality I can be just as SJW as anyone but I don't take things as far as most SJW's, which I have a problem with. It's impossible in today's age of enlightenment.

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 09, 2019, 08:31:02 AM
No they're not.

Yes they are. You are conforming to the epistemology or social constructs of today's society. And you choose to ignore it compared to the media's portrayal of the "most oppressed".

Hakurei Reimu

Munch, do you think that someone who has misgivings and concerns about this 'Straight Pride'... whatever it is... may have a good reason for holding them? Because I sure do. I'm concerned that this SP whatchamacallit is a conservative dog whistle, the same way that "traditional family values," or "think of the children" are dog whistles. 'Straight Pride' sounds innocuous, along with its ostensible descriptor, but then if it didn't it would defeat the purpose of a dog whistle.

Does anyone who take umbrage to a Straight Pride parade automatically an SJW in your book?

If so, why?

If not, does not Blackleaf have some point in thinking that this Straight Pride thing may have more sinister connotations, even if it is unintended, and even if SJWs are taking it too far?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 09, 2019, 07:24:27 PM
Munch, do you think that someone who has misgivings and concerns about this 'Straight Pride'... whatever it is... may have a good reason for holding them? Because I sure do. I'm concerned that this SP whatchamacallit is a conservative dog whistle, the same way that "traditional family values," or "think of the children" are dog whistles. 'Straight Pride' sounds innocuous, along with its ostensible descriptor, but then if it didn't it would defeat the purpose of a dog whistle.

Does anyone who take umbrage to a Straight Pride parade automatically an SJW in your book?

If so, why?

If not, does not Blackleaf have some point in thinking that this Straight Pride thing may have more sinister connotations, even if it is unintended, and even if SJWs are taking it too far?

So your saying it could be sinister or fake? Maybe. However its most often like the slogan "It's okay to be white" will have later sinister effects of the bigoted because they're a bunch of dicks.  The parade is for straight pride but most think of that as bigoted which is their emotions going crazy and their victimization is more important than other peoples rights or freedoms.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Draconic AiurYes they are. You are conforming to the epistemology or social constructs of today's society. And you choose to ignore it compared to the media's portrayal of the "most oppressed".
Bitch I don’t even have television service and I hardly ever listen to my car’s radio. Your rants about “the media” mean nothing to me. I have taken actual university courses on this shit. I know the historical and sociological context of anti-lgbt oppression and heterosexual hegemony. If I say straight people aren’t oppressed, it’s because they aren’t. If you don’t want my educated opinion, feel free to fuck off. I didn’t pay thousands of dollars to study this shit just to have some jackoff recite Conservapedia bullshit to me.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 09, 2019, 07:24:27 PM

If so, why?

I'm very much an intermediate when it comes to values. I think you need to have ways to allow people from different walks of life to be able to have those things, be it like you said conservative values like traditional family values or protecting children. Same time you need ways for people who say don't have or want children to now be burdened by those who have or live by less traditional means.

SJWs always take things to far, thats why they are labeled as such. If people find sinister implications in something like this, it just seems ridiculous to do so, given the times we live in. As I've said, we have an entire month dedicated to LGBT, all other forms of sexuality, in celebration of it and what it represents. The fact we even have something like that is a sign of the times we live in,

So them have a bunch of straight dudes having their own march isn't in any way going to undermine that, and I'm not going to find offense in it, because even if there genuinely was some sinister motive behind it, it really isn't going to do anything because of it.

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 09, 2019, 07:59:20 PM
Bitch I don’t even have television service and I hardly ever listen to my car’s radio. Your rants about “the media” mean nothing to me. I have taken actual university courses on this shit. I know the historical and sociological context of anti-lgbt oppression and heterosexual hegemony. If I say straight people aren’t oppressed, it’s because they aren’t. If you don’t want my educated opinion, feel free to fuck off. I didn’t pay thousands of dollars to study this shit just to have some jackoff recite Conservapedia bullshit to me.

no offense, well, maybe some, but modern sjws are born from modern sociology teachings in universities. My own boyfriend witnessed this himself when he attended his university in scotland to study computer engineering, and witnessed the kinds of 'enlightened' individuals who think the same thing, that everyone who isn't part of the clique is a far right nazi and they are going to save the world by battling the evil conservatives. 

Cavebear

I think when it comes to minority groups, assemblies make sense.  Not to raise a new subject, but you may have read about a woman who had high testosterone levels and was ordered to take a drug that reduced it or stop participating in "womens sports".  My immediate reaction was "hell no"!  But then I read a letter that explained that womens sports only exist because it allows women to compete among themselves fairly. 

It set me back in my chair.  I don't know the right answer to this question, but I see some sense to the decision even though I don't LIKE it.  To make  some things "equal", allowances have to be made. 

I don't know if I'm making any sense here, its difficult.

And the same is true for some other groups.   I wish it wasn't so.  But the LGBTQ community needs a bit of leeway to organize and collect themselves.

One day about December 1986, I stumbled across a Dial An Atheist 800 number in the course of my job.  I called it as soon as I got home.  It mentioned a "Solstice Gathering" nearby.  I went.  Back then, I thought I was the only atheist in the world other than that "Crazy Woman".  So I stood in the doorway and saw others there, "just like me".  I just stared in shock at first...  People like me...

Everyone deserves the company of their kind in the difficult parts of their lives...   John Lennon said "Let It Be".  Paul Simon said "Diamonds On The Soles Of His Shoes".

Let it be...

You won't believe what the radio just played after I typed this.  Yes, "Let It Be".  OK, I'm hitting post...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!