Make America Straight Again (I wish I was joking)

Started by Blackleaf, June 09, 2019, 03:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Have you guys been following this story? This bunch of bigoted pastors put up a video on YouTube recently, announcing an event called "Make America Straight Again." Very disgusting video, advocating for the deaths of the LGBT+. This atheist YouTuber named Mr. Atheist caught wind of it, and organized to have the video removed, on the grounds of it clearly violating YouTube's terms of service. He succeeded, surprisingly quickly. But one of the pastors, Tommy McMurtry, decided to talk about Mr. Atheist in a sermon, and made the mistake of posting it on YouTube. If you've noticed a lot of pumpkins floating around on social media recently, this is why. In the video, Tommy McMurtry nicknamed Mr. Atheist "Mr. Pumpkin," because he "didn't want to give him any more publicity." ...Even though the name "Mr. Atheist" was clearly visible in the video when he referenced it. Now if you Google "Tommy McMurtry," you will get some interesting results to say the least. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p-P6wPy5wQ

https://www.tommymcmurtry.com/

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tommy%20McMurtry
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 09, 2019, 03:02:06 PM
Have you guys been following this story? This bunch of bigoted pastors put up a video on YouTube recently, announcing an event called "Make America Straight Again." Very disgusting video, advocating for the deaths of the LGBT+. This atheist YouTuber named Mr. Atheist caught wind of it, and organized to have the video removed, on the grounds of it clearly violating YouTube's terms of service. He succeeded, surprisingly quickly. But one of the pastors, Tommy McMurtry, decided to talk about Mr. Atheist in a sermon, and made the mistake of posting it on YouTube. If you've noticed a lot of pumpkins floating around on social media recently, this is why. In the video, Tommy McMurtry nicknamed Mr. Atheist "Mr. Pumpkin," because he "didn't want to give him any more publicity." ...Even thought the name "Mr. Atheist" was clearly visible in the video when he referenced it. Now if you Google "Tommy McMurtry," you will get some interesting results to say the least. lol

I wish the world was less complicated than it is.  Sometimes I wish we all looked the same blue, green, tan, whatever).  I wish we could all be the same gender (see 'The Left Hand Of Darkness' IIRC).  But then I think of dull the world would be if were were all the same.  Is it better to die of differences or stagnation?  Fire or Ice?

If we cease to exist at some time in the future, will we want to say "Look at what we did while driving each other crazy" or shall we say "Look at how good we were to each other"?  Both might be good.  I doubt both can be possible at the same time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

America was never straight. So it should be "Make America repressed again."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 10, 2019, 07:52:31 AM
America was never straight. So it should be "Make America repressed again."

Yeah. Tommy McPumpkinlover pretty much admitted he knew America was never straight. The name was just their attempt at being clever and provocative. What they want is for politicians to "remember where they [the LGBT+] belong. Six feet under."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

That doesn't look like a scary Nazi to me.  Maybe the Fat People Liberation are not on plan with the Gay People Liberation?  All X liberation fronts have to work together because Orange Man Bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 10, 2019, 05:21:45 PM
Reaction to straight parade I guess.

Crooked parade of course only goes down to skid row;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 10, 2019, 05:21:45 PM
Reaction to straight parade I guess.

It's scheduled in close proximity to a place where gay people were murdered by a nut like them, near the anniversary of said event. This is a reaction to gay people daring to exist.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 10, 2019, 11:02:25 PM
It's scheduled in close proximity to a place where gay people were murdered by a nut like them, near the anniversary of said event. This is a reaction to gay people daring to exist.

The proximity of the event has meaning.  But if it was in the middle of nowhere, it would also have meaning.  The event is the meaning.

Sal1981

I don't think the straight pride parade would back that pastor, but it wouldn't surprise me, giving who is organizing the event.

Cavebear

Oh crappity crap, crap, crap.  I've been misreading the title of the parade!  I feel both embarassed and humiliated.  My brain elided across the "Pride Parade" part and somehow registered "Gay".  My profound apologies to all those who may have been surprised or confused my previous posts on the subject.  I got a few comments correct (seeing them on their own), but I think I sure messed up a few too and one even tonight.

Brain-Freeze...