News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Introduction and background

Started by joel96, June 07, 2019, 11:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel96

Hi everyone. I grew up in the non-denominational Christian Church. It's very fundamentalist and pretty extreme. A lot of focus on death, power, sex, and suffering. About 2002, I started moving towards dystheism (the belief that God isn't totally good), and in 2016 moved to misotheism and maltheism (being against God and the belief that God is wholly or mostly evil). Later in 2016, I left the church and at the end of 2016 I went public with being atheist. Since then I've continued to post articles on a daily basis on my fb page on what bad things are going on in the theist world and what good things are happening in the world of everything else. I've met several times with the Louisville Atheist and Freethinkers. I'm here to gather good arguments and data I can use to counter theist nonsense.

Mike Cl

Welcome.  Hope you have a long and productive stay here.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: joel96 on June 07, 2019, 11:37:38 AM
I'm here to gather good arguments and data I can use to counter theist nonsense.

Greetings.
Welcome to our little home. As long as you realize that your counter points be towards people still in search. Counter points are useless with most xians. After all, once you can be convinced of that amount of shit being true....it's real hard to convince them otherwise.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Blackleaf

Welcome, Joel. You'll find the coffee and BBQ baby in the first room on your right. Phil forgot to bring the goat blood. Again.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

That dang Phil, always screwing up!

Hi Joel!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: joel96 on June 07, 2019, 11:37:38 AM
Hi everyone. I grew up in the non-denominational Christian Church. It's very fundamentalist and pretty extreme. A lot of focus on death, power, sex, and suffering. About 2002, I started moving towards dystheism (the belief that God isn't totally good), and in 2016 moved to misotheism and maltheism (being against God and the belief that God is wholly or mostly evil). Later in 2016, I left the church and at the end of 2016 I went public with being atheist. Since then I've continued to post articles on a daily basis on my fb page on what bad things are going on in the theist world and what good things are happening in the world of everything else. I've met several times with the Louisville Atheist and Freethinkers. I'm here to gather good arguments and data I can use to counter theist nonsense.

Welcome to the forum joel.

It is quite understandable that you must be upset with religions that keep on talking about hell and other rubbish but what God has to do with religions?
Have you ever thought that God never started any religions or that he agree with what religions say?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Unbeliever

How could anyone know what God likes or doesn't like, agrees with or does not agree with?
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 09:10:44 AM

Welcome to the forum joel.

It is quite understandable that you must be upset with religions that keep on talking about hell and other rubbish but what God has to do with religions?
Have you ever thought that God never started any religions or that he agree with what religions say?

Or...maybe religions made God up?

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

and politicians make up policies .. aiiee!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Don't worry about Arik...he is on a middle eastern run of preachin about the power of meditation and such where people cooking rice over cow dung spend years being able to perfect such cool things as sticking a fish hook through their side with little effect or breaking a concrete block with yer head....immaterial stuff...instead of doing material stuff like working to help the children around them that are starving to death. If you let go of your material yearning you too can cook rice over cow dung and perfect such arts....if you get real good you may learn to regrow your rotten teeth or maybe help create more tears so you don't suffer from Dry Eye Syndrome......but not too much mind you...you may start to yearn for material stuff like a good meal, or a house with a roof over it.

We have a mediation room in the back to the right.....schedule your time on the sheet of paper so we know when to use the other bathroom.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Arik = Yoga .. so more South Asia.  But India influenced much of the world, including the Middle East.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

aitm

yep...thats exactly how all my fights were..waiting for the guy to maneuver into a wild ass position and then kick his heel.....gotta love them real live fights shits