Author Topic: Evolution Forced  (Read 1250 times)

Offline PopeyesPappy

Re: Evolution Forced
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2019, 04:08:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pronghorns are colloquially called antelope, but they're not in that family. Antelope have antlers and pronghorns have, well, horns. Their closest living relatives are giraffes.

Didn't know that. Apparently pronghorn are more closely related to giraffe than to antelope. Learn something new everyday.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
Giraffes. Well, that explains the running skills.
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2019, 04:51:23 PM »
Pronghorns are colloquially called antelope, but they're not in that family. Antelope have antlers and pronghorns have, well, horns. Their closest living relatives are giraffes.

Wow!  I checked that.

"Antelopes are not a cladistic or taxonomically defined group. The term is used to describe all members of the family Bovidae that do not fall under the category of sheep, cattle, or goats".  That includes Giraffes.  I would not have guessed they weren't a sort of deer.

Kudos to Aileron...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »
I'm not sure about much of anything, but I heard that humans can just keep going and going and going, until the prey drops. As long as they don't lose it, they can chase it down slowly, especially if they've already wounded it.

Natural super-marathoners.
Zampa xiquihto.  Amo nimitzcuamachilia.
Say it again.  I don't understand you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk