Christianity in the News: Child Sex Abuse in the Polish Catholic Church

Started by Jagella, June 02, 2019, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagella

Quote from: Cavebear on June 04, 2019, 05:55:34 AM
I can't help but laugh sadly about all the priests and other religious types preying on children.  They are all sick "in a certain way" and it is because of their church demands.  When you collect people together in abnormally-restricted circumstances, that's what you get.

It is no surprise to me that forcing people who are basically mentally-imbalanced from the start to live non-regular lives creates bad outcomes.

I'm not sure what causes some priests to be pedophiles, but what really galls me is the church's cover-up. When will people ever wake up to what lies they're swallowing from religion?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Jagella on June 07, 2019, 10:45:38 PM
When will people ever wake up to what lies they're swallowing from religion?

Maybe when the Rapture happens?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Jagella

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 08, 2019, 01:46:27 PM
Maybe when the Rapture happens?

But wouldn't those "left behind" including atheists wake up to the lies we've swallowed about religion? I suppose in some bizarre way we might be wrong!

Unbeliever

Well, maybe, except that the Rapture is never going to happen.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Jagella on June 08, 2019, 04:27:35 PM
But wouldn't those "left behind" including atheists wake up to the lies we've swallowed about religion? I suppose in some bizarre way we might be wrong!

Human beings are always wrong.  To some degree.  The long course of adulthood is the lengthening litany of beliefs discarded, that seemed reasonable at one time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 08, 2019, 04:36:00 PM
Well, maybe, except that the Rapture is never going to happen.

The Rapture is when ... "a Catholic priest is able to have sex again" ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 08, 2019, 05:14:59 PM
The Rapture is when ... "a Catholic priest is able to have sex again" ;-)

As they apparently do often and with great joy among the helpless ones of the sheared flock.

Look, if they really want to be celibate and all that silly nonsense "be" or do not.  A bit Yodaish..., LOL!  Well, If I hadn't said it, you would've.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 09, 2019, 01:40:17 PM
As they apparently do often and with great joy among the helpless ones of the sheared flock.

Look, if they really want to be celibate and all that silly nonsense "be" or do not.  A bit Yodaish..., LOL!  Well, If I hadn't said it, you would've.

Yes, and all White people rape Black people ... every day.  Not saying all priests are OK, but you would make a good bigot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2019, 01:58:08 PM
Yes, and all White people rape Black people ... every day.  Not saying all priests are OK, but you would make a good bigot.

I will leave the rather amazingly obnoxious stupidity of your post to stand by itself...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 02:52:28 AM
I will leave the rather amazingly obnoxious stupidity of your post to stand by itself...

Good plan.  As wannabe tyrant ... you shouldn't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 04:37:25 AM
Good plan.  As wannabe tyrant ... you shouldn't.

Ah, you are referring to my earlier posts about offerring to manage the world.  Sure, I could do that.  I'd be the kindly but firm type "Uncle King".  And you all could do a lot worse than me.  The problem would be the successor.

I think the solution would be that every King (or Queen, let's be fair) would have to marry a commoner (for the basic genetic soundness of the lineage, of course). 

When do I start?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 04:50:59 AM
Ah, you are referring to my earlier posts about offerring to manage the world.  Sure, I could do that.  I'd be the kindly but firm type "Uncle King".  And you all could do a lot worse than me.  The problem would be the successor.

I think the solution would be that every King (or Queen, let's be fair) would have to marry a commoner (for the basic genetic soundness of the lineage, of course). 

When do I start?

See, shameless you are!  I wouldn't let you run the royal privy ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 04:52:28 AM
See, shameless you are!  I wouldn't let you run the royal privy ;-)

And, unlike Henry the 8th, I wouldn't let you see me at it.  But unlike that, what bothers you about my theory of MY Monarchy?  You seem to love the idea of Monarchy in general but not the idea of avoiding inbreeding?  Or is it just "King Cavebear" that you dislike?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 05:01:39 AM
And, unlike Henry the 8th, I wouldn't let you see me at it.  But unlike that, what bothers you about my theory of MY Monarchy?  You seem to love the idea of Monarchy in general but not the idea of avoiding inbreeding?  Or is it just "King Cavebear" that you dislike?

I like you a lot.  Just not in that role.  Don't know I would like anyone in that role.  So my monarchial support is emotional, not intellectual.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 05:08:19 AM
I like you a lot.  Just not in that role.  Don't know I would like anyone in that role.  So my monarchial support is emotional, not intellectual.

Well, what if I renamed myself Henry the IX?  Or Victoria II (I'm not fussy).

But if it's not the name and emotion matters, how about I name you Duke Of York and you can attend the Morning Bowel Movement.  The afternoon one is reserved for the Prince of Boston, of course.  If that seems awkward, keep in mind that you would have your own attendees to your Royal Privy Council.  LOL!