The Important Protest You've Never Heard Of

Started by Smartmarzipan, June 20, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "Aroura33"What will the US be like in 50 years, anyone care to hazard a guess?

The Baby Boomers will be dead, Gen X will be in their 80s and 90s, Gen Y/Millenials will be running the government, with Gen Z nipping at their heels.

I'm pretty sure that instead of Liberals vs. Conservatives, the main political dichotomy will be Progressives vs. Classic Liberals. Republican conservatism as we know it today will be vestigial. Dealing with climate change and its resulting geopolitical ramifications will likely be our main political concerns, and will probably require governmental intervention that would be politically impossible today. Strong AI will play an important role in policy determination.

So things will be so different that our current politics will be obsolete. It's the next 10 years that have me worried.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Farroc

This reminds me, I still haven't decided on an end of the world song. I'm thinking maybe something by Foo Fighters. Walk, times like these, and these days are all good.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks