News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Borderless (2019)

Started by Sal1981, May 26, 2019, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_fz9EW5Iw

A documentary by Lauren Southern about the Migration to Europe.

She and her team go to the migrant camps around the Mediterranean ocean and ends in the conditions for living for migrants in France and Ireland.

Besides being just a, rather bland IMO, documentary about immigration to Europe, this video has been previously censored by YouTube for reasons I can't identify in the documentary itself other than being flagged by people who automatically dislike Lauren Southern for ideological reasons.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Sal1981 on May 26, 2019, 12:50:24 PM
Besides being just a, rather bland IMO, documentary about immigration to Europe, this video has been previously censored by YouTube for reasons I can't identify in the documentary itself other than being flagged by people who automatically dislike Lauren Southern for ideological reasons.

YouTube is absolute shit when it comes to enforcing its own rules. Shoot first, ask questions later, give your revenue to whatever random person claims credit, don't communicate, reverse strikes and taking down videos long after the damage has already been done, offer no amends.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Seems a very neutral documentary, telling some hard truths people don't want to hear. This subject having a lot of grey areas, but the main thing being, this is all a lie, the people perpetuating the lie to refugees, especially by people who think they are 'doing the right thing' by welcoming refugees.

What really pisses me off are these super rich celebrities who do this, welcome refugees with open arms, gives them a fruit basket, or donates some money to aids, and then goes back to one of their five story mansions in london or estates in the cotswolds, making themselves feel good about themselves. They welcomed them over here, but did fuck all past that.

This is the same problem with soldiers sent to war, in the uk, america and other european countries, the government expects or even demands fighting age men to give up their lives to fight in wars for them, they make big speeches of it being for national pride or serving their country, and this dogma is fed to these soldiers. But once these soldiers go to war, once they see the horrors of it, people, friends and fellow soldiers dying, the mental stress it puts on these men, once these soldiers come home, the government slaps a medal on them, thanks them for a good job, and shoves them off, without support for the mental scarring this as put on them, just to repeat the same bullshit to the next run of fighting age men.

The same kind of dogma, same bullshit promises, leading to half arsed actions. People wanting to have refugees flood over to western countries, are they prepared to give up room and board for them? Of fucking course they aren't, they think once they go halfway, thats all they need to do, someone else will do the rest.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

This video has been ... disappeared in places.  The Real Resistance (against neo-Lib Globalism) has secreted copies elsewhere beyond the reach of the New Zealand Jacobins ;-(  The giant human trafficking (slavery) business is not amused.  Human trafficking, even for ostensible humanitarian reasons is a felony for good reasons.  And with most governments now in the control of international organized crime ... it is difficult not to be "Internet unpersoned" for thought crime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Immigration is a difficult subject.  One wants to help others, but too many make it a struggle.  The US managed it because there was room to spread around in for a couple centuries (my understanding to the Native Americans who were treated so badly).

And it bothers me that I once saw a video featuring Mexican President Vincente Fox refferring to Mexican migration to the Southern US as "The Reconquista".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 26, 2019, 10:52:15 PM
Immigration is a difficult subject.  One wants to help others, but too many make it a struggle.  The US managed it because there was room to spread around in for a couple centuries (my understanding to the Native Americans who were treated so badly).

And it bothers me that I once saw a video featuring Mexican President Vincente Fox refferring to Mexican migration to the Southern US as "The Reconquista".

Slavery isn't immigration.  Neither is refugee status.  Don't mix them up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 27, 2019, 12:27:25 AM
Slavery isn't immigration.  Neither is refugee status.  Don't mix them up.

I didn't.  Slavery wasn't immigration and I never suggested it was.  But that does really offend me.  You owe me an apology...  I mean that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 27, 2019, 01:14:10 AM
I didn't.  Slavery wasn't immigration and I never suggested it was.  But that does really offend me.  You owe me an apology...  I mean that.

Let's discuss ... remembering that I am pro immigration:

Do you approve of open borders?  No, you don't.

Do you approve of over liberality in legal immigration as demagogy to get Dem party votes?  Maybe.

There are people who would treat the entire world as refugees ... because capitalism, racism , misogyny ... where are you on that question?

If you don't approve of partisan closing of the border, or opening the border ... then you are reasonable.  But others are not.

Human trafficking involves the involuntary and fraudulent exploitation of the poor, not just for teen prostitution, but for forced labor.  Should human trafficking be a felony, as it currently is?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 27, 2019, 01:42:41 AM
Let's discuss ... remembering that I am pro immigration:

Do you approve of open borders?  No, you don't.

Do you approve of over liberality in legal immigration as demagogy to get Dem party votes?  Maybe.

There are people who would treat the entire world as refugees ... because capitalism, racism , misogyny ... where are you on that question?

If you don't approve of partisan closing of the border, or opening the border ... then you are reasonable.  But others are not.

Human trafficking involves the involuntary and fraudulent exploitation of the poor, not just for teen prostitution, but for forced labor.  Should human trafficking be a felony, as it currently is?

Do you approve of open borders?  No, you don't. Correct.

No, I don't approve of demagogy.  Nor "over liberality".

Human trafficking involves the involuntary and fraudulent exploitation of the poor, not just for teen prostitution, but for forced labor.  Should human trafficking be a felony, as it currently is?  Of course not to the first and of course to the second. And that wasn't even part of tour discussion.

So much for your errors about my views...

You still owe me an apology...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 27, 2019, 02:28:59 AM
Do you approve of open borders?  No, you don't. Correct.

No, I don't approve of demagogy.  Nor "over liberality".

Human trafficking involves the involuntary and fraudulent exploitation of the poor, not just for teen prostitution, but for forced labor.  Should human trafficking be a felony, as it currently is?  Of course not to the first and of course to the second. And that wasn't even part of tour discussion.

So much for your errors about my views...

You still owe me an apology...

In which case your clarification earned an apology.  So glad you are reasonable (I thought so all along, but wasn't sure).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.