Video Report on Chinese Dystopia

Started by Baruch, May 20, 2019, 07:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydPqKhgh9Mg

The future is a world run by communist robots .. see the  play back in the 1920s ... the robots back then were also communist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.U.R.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Utopia's the dream of airheads who aren't grounded enough to realize the nature of humanity will always prevent it from happening.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2019, 08:04:13 AM
Utopia's the dream of airheads who aren't grounded enough to realize the nature of humanity will always prevent it from happening.

Trying to achieve impossible things, not just ambitious possible things ... doesn't end well ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

I sometimes wish for an EMP wave to hit the earth, and see how long it takes for humanity to either recover, or go insane

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 20, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
I sometimes wish for an EMP wave to hit the earth, and see how long it takes for humanity to either recover, or go insane

See my new report under Math & Computers, with the amazing quantum computer work in Australia.  But for a long time, this completely destroys public privacy, but builds a sufficient government privacy ... since it involves expensive 21st century mainframes.  China is collaborating for now on this, but intends to jump ahead for obvious reasons (to make Chinese government communication/computation impenetrable to foreign penetration).

The way for private party or commercial party to prevent loss of privacy to the government, is the same as when the original Enigma was sold commercially in the 1920s ... you have to use different proprietary encryption techniques that aren't vulnerable as current public key technology is.  Of course as recently happened in the US with iPhones (FBI vs Apple), the government will try to outlaw private encryption as it has tried to do, at previous levels of technical development.  Basically only encryption that the national governments can easily decrypt, will be legal.  And for a long time, these quantum computers will be, like the first mainframes, only available to national governments.

Technical progress, at least in the short run, makes totalitarianism easier.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Interesting look at the state of what would function after something like an emp blast or wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7EXnPAS8o

Baruch

Old pre-electronic vehicles and appliances would still work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Yeah, today it is the Chinese.  And I do admit that their routine theft of intellectual property plus their population gives them some advantage.  But before them, it was the Japanese who were going to surpass the US and before them, the Germans...  They come, they go.  So far, no other country has the whole structure in place.

It WILL end someday.  But not this decade.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!