Plans of Pardoning War Criminals on Memorial Day

Started by Shiranu, May 19, 2019, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I never said I don't use the infrastructure. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 22, 2019, 05:26:40 PM
I live under a bridge because I refuse to pay federal income taxes, and this is the only way I can manage that legally.

Brave and principled.  Speaking truth to power gets you killed ;-(  My admiration (from a Statist).  I have managed to avoid owning real estate for ethical reasons, for 30 years now.

Have you stopped paying state and local taxes too?  It is very hard to be sufficiently puritan.  I rent, so I enable my landlord to be evil.

Godzilla ... this guy is the real thing, a practicing nihilist (at least on that one aspect).  Like a vegetarian ;-)  Other people here who are anti-social are pikers compared to him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Having no income at all let's me get by without paying any taxes. The occasional sales tax is about it, then. But even that very rarely applies. Sometimes people give me money, and I then buy what few things I need.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 23, 2019, 01:14:38 PM
Having no income at all let's me get by without paying any taxes. The occasional sales tax is about it, then. But even that very rarely applies. Sometimes people give me money, and I then buy what few things I need.

I bet you have long hair and a beard, just like Jesus ;-))  That is just the kind of person portrayed in the Gospels ... an unemployed homeless day laborer, doing his own thing, outside of government or social mores.  But not harmless, not at all ;-)  I am surprised you don't know all the songs from Godspell.

In the non-canonical Gospels, Jesus is sexually active, either with Mary of Magdala or initiating young men.  It was a Hindu idea, not Jewish, that being a virgin was special.  Jews love sex.  Ascetism isn't Jesus either though.  The mendicant life and lack of crazy fasting, is Buddhist.

Some would say a historical Jesus had been to India, and maybe returned there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Jesus didn't have long hair or a beard, because Jesus of Nazareth never existed.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 23, 2019, 02:04:07 PM
Jesus didn't have long hair or a beard, because Jesus of Nazareth never existed.

The real Jesus(s) were not G-d.  Jesus the one and only god never existed.  Except that all people are the image of G-d.  And humans aren't the only images, just the ones we relate too best (see cats).

There were many men named Jesus back then, still are.  Judaism(s) existed, still does.  Because Gilligan's Island never existed, you can't deduce that there have never been castaways.  See the true story of Moby Dick.  But if all stories are false, then there never was the whale ship Essex.

The image we have of Jesus is a stereotype, modified from fictional writings.  Just because Washington never chopped down a cherry tree, doesn't mean there never was a Washington.  Neither Founding Fathers nor Jesus, did any miracles, as we now misdefine them.

Other than God-Emperor Trump of course ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Actual pacifists are interesting studies in extreme psychology.  Fake pacifists (virtue signalers) are not.  I think you are the real thing.  In short, you are a holy man ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm not a pacifist, sometimes violence is necessary to protect the innocent. But murdering the innocent is vile and evil. And the U.S. military has been murdering the innocent in the Middle East for far too long.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m47jVEXSok

War is very lucrative, so America will never give up its addiction to mass murder.
God Not Found

Draconic Aiur

So it's a war crime to pee on dead enemies corpses. So you can't even teabag?

Unbeliever

Well, that might be considered poor taste...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 24, 2019, 05:42:43 PM
I'm not a pacifist, sometimes violence is necessary to protect the innocent. But murdering the innocent is vile and evil. And the U.S. military has been murdering the innocent in the Middle East for far too long.

There are no innocent.  That is so ... St Joan of Arc.  Expelling the English from France are we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnKA8kKuvG0

She was the real Anya.

I agree with you, and with Tulsi Gabbard ... our Middle East policy is disastrous.  So, go join the Jihadis ... or vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.