15 yr old historian has 3 published books already

Started by Smartmarzipan, June 22, 2013, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Cooper Wingert, Harrisburg historian, has three nationally published books by age 15
http://blog.pennlive.com/gettysburg-150 ... _hist.html

QuoteThere's often a skeptical scrinch of the nose and a bit of raised eyebrow when people hear that the definitive history of Harrisburg's experience during the Civil War has been written by a 14-year-old - just enough to indicate while the fact is surprising, even fascinating, the history's probably less than serious.

Cooper Wingert, who just turned 15, is used to that. He got it a lot when he first began to self-publish local histories, but now that three of his titles have been published nationally, he gets it much less.

"The Confederate Approach on Harrisburg: The Gettysburg Campaign's Northernmost Reaches" was published by The History Press last year, followed this April by "Emergency Men!: The 26th Pennsylvania Volunteer Militia and the Gettysburg Campaign" and "Harrisburg and the Civil War: Defending the Keystone of the Union."

:shock:
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Poison Tree

I better keep this quiet or my parents will really be on my back about wasting my history degree,
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

A lot of people call themselves historians when in fact they are history revisionists painting us as a 'Christian nation®'.. I wonder if he fits in that bunch or is an actual historian..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.