News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What would you do in the zombie apocalypse?

Started by Hydra009, May 02, 2019, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 02, 2019, 09:28:26 PM
I always figured you as Glenn-type person for whom the apocalypse was a mixed blessing because it wiped out a lot of real-world stressors like debt.  Granted, the apocalypse is no picnic, but it's less soul-crushing.

I just don't see myself as having the necessary skills to survive long-term in a post-apocalyptic world, especially where I live now. Great farmland, but surrounded by massive cities which would produce insane amounts of zombies. And not much hunting anymore, though a few years of no humans and that might change (assuming the virus doesn't effect animals but just humans).

But in the ensuing chaos of an outbreak... I don't have the resources to escape the area or bunker down for any prolonged time. Best case scenario, realistically, is I have a bunch of weed on hand and just enjoy my last couple of days high as fuck.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 02, 2019, 08:11:49 PM
Your average US grocery store stocks a 3 day inventory. If you only had 5% of the people left that would be about a 60 day supply. Got to figure a lot of that is perishable, and you probably couldn't eat all that before it went bad so maybe a 30 - 45 day supply. 

Me? I'm loading up the guns, going to try to hit Larry's for some extra ammo before everyone else, stopping at the vet's office for antibiotics and pain killers, then going to try to barricade up in a Sam's or Costco. Plenty of food there to last a small group of people for a while.

But you don't scavenge shops. Everyone tries to stockpile, then gets killed. Good chance that houses and cars are loaded with canned food.

E: I didn't read your post well.
Still feel like you could go for a long time, breaking into one house after another. We live in adjacent houses here, I would not even have to go out in the street for the first few weeks.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 03, 2019, 12:59:18 AM
But you don't scavenge shops. Everyone tries to stockpile, then gets killed. Good chance that houses and cars are loaded with canned food.

E: I didn't read your post well.
Still feel like you could go for a long time, breaking into one house after another. We live in adjacent houses here, I would not even have to go out in the street for the first few weeks.

Water is going to be a problem for those in town sooner rather than later. Once the power goes out those who don't have a well with a solar powered pump or live on a body of water somewhere are going to get thirsty pretty fast.

There's an old bank on the courthouse square here built on a small bluff above a big artesian spring that was the town's main source of water until about 50 or 60 years ago. I've always thought that might be a good place to hang out after the apocalypse.

Long term wise there is a 50 kw solar array a couple of hundred yards from our place. Might be able to salvage that to produce some power so we wouldn't be stuck in the stone age for a while.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on May 02, 2019, 09:14:28 PM
Die. I would die.

This. Exactly this. I give myself a few hours the most.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPx2DT49yMg

He says it's OK to imitate zombies, but it was acting like a zombie that got Bill Murray killed in Zombieland!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79SoADIBj8
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

so just imagining the sitation happening right now. i'm sat in my room at my pc upstairs. the downstairs lights are off but my bedroom lights on, so if their zombies attached to light, they'd have to break though the glass front door and second inside door, so that would give me time to call police.
However if their spread out and around the area, I don't stand much chance, if their attached to the light at the front, I could get downstairs into the back garden and out the back gate, but then depending on how many their are in the area would depend on how far I get down my street. Due to my right leg often messing up when I sprint on it, if these were anything other then slow walkers I'm screwed, otherwise I might be able to walk a good pace from them up the main road to the town and get into the shopping mall.

Thats when I remember I live in the uk and we don't have gun shops here, and I die.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Hell, for all we know being a zombie might be fun, so we should just let them bite us - don't knock it if you ain't tried it! :-P
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Which would be worse, a zombie apocalypse or a surprise invasion by Canada?
God Not Found

_Xenu_

In all statistical likelihood, I would be rotting and trying to eat brains.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 03, 2019, 08:21:34 PM
Which would be worse, a zombie apocalypse or a surprise invasion be Canana?

zombies for sure would be worse.

an invasion of canana looks delicious.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

I've been working on these for a while now and just finished the last one earlier this week. Three identical consecutive serial # 14.5" pined and welded mids. One for my sweetie, one for my sister, and one for my 80 year old mother. All lefties, BTW. Got them bore sighted tonight getting ready for a family trip to range.

The family that shoots together survives the zombie apocalypse together...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.