News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Milkshakes a deadly weapon.

Started by Munch, May 10, 2019, 10:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 13, 2019, 04:27:28 PM
On that day I'm deciding between either getting pieces of my brain removed so I don't have to think about the world around me, or moving to Iceland.

At least Iceland, after the 2008 crash, thru some bankers in jail.  They didn't reward them for malfeasance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 13, 2019, 09:30:06 PM
At least Iceland, after the 2008 crash, thru some bankers in jail.  They didn't reward them for malfeasance.

that and thinking of the Icelandic bodybuilders.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 13, 2019, 04:27:28 PM
On that day I'm deciding between either getting pieces of my brain removed so I don't have to think about the world around me, or moving to Iceland.

Given global warming, Iceland might be a good choice...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 15, 2019, 05:07:03 AM
Given global warming, Iceland might be a good choice...

It's the middle of June and we've just gone though several days of heavy rain and temperatures around 8 degrees, turning the heating on in June, it's insane, makes me think we're get heatwaves in November

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 15, 2019, 05:22:40 AM
It's the middle of June and we've just gone though several days of heavy rain and temperatures around 8 degrees, turning the heating on in June, it's insane, makes me think we're get heatwaves in November

Munch, daily or even seasonal weather is NOT the same thing as climate.  Weather is when it rains where you are or not.  Climate change is when the changes occur slightly more every year globally in a continuing way.  My average last frost date in Spring has moved from about April 25th to April 20th in the 32 years I have lived here. 

That means some crops like snow peas don't grow as well as they used to.  Which doesn't really matter a lot, but a grower like me can see.  But the same change means that some grain crops mature at times of rain when it used to be dry and are spoiled.  It means that some other crops get less  rain at certain times of their development and produce fewer fruits because the insects that spread the pollen doesn't thrive.  And it means that some harmful insects survive Winters by a couple days where they didn't before. 

A 1C difference doesn't sound like much to us, but it can mean a big difference to a plant or insect.   

Munch

Sal1981

More down the slippery slope of violence.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on June 30, 2019, 04:32:50 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8lv8_iqMSo

Portland was very high on my places I want to live (or Salem anyways, right out side of town), but the number of violent left and violent right in that area are really giving me second thoughts about that. And I realise both are a strong minority, but the state not cracking down on either is not a good look.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 30, 2019, 05:01:43 PM
Portland was very high on my places I want to live (or Salem anyways, right out side of town), but the number of violent left and violent right in that area are really giving me second thoughts about that. And I realise both are a strong minority, but the state not cracking down on either is not a good look.

This is what happens when a social and political ideology isn't given limitations what they can get away with. No political figure should be allowed to let there own biases dictate the law of the land, right or left.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on June 30, 2019, 05:01:43 PM

A cult utopia.  Used to be Hindu guru land.  For people too crazy to live in California.  You could always move to Seattle, they have a good anarchist group there ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 30, 2019, 05:14:18 PM
This is what happens when a social and political ideology isn't given limitations what they can get away with. No political figure should be allowed to let there own biases dictate the law of the land, right or left.

Cult of personality.  So one can end up in a Cinderella coffin like Lenin or Mao.  Narcissism plus guns.  What could go wrong?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Throwing a milkshake sends the message "You are vulnerable.  This time it was just a milkshake.  Next time it might not be."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 03, 2019, 12:17:35 PM
Throwing a milkshake sends the message "You are vulnerable.  This time it was just a milkshake.  Next time it might not be."

Exactly.  So let the massacres begin.  How about having anti-Fa thrown to the grizzly bears.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Thrown liquids spread better than cream pies.  Every protest movement seeks an identity.  In my day, we are burned photocopies of our draft cards.  Then some people burned cheap flags.  Maybe next decade, it will be community-accumalated snot or feces.  And after that, it will get subtle again.  Bring back the protest signs...!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 05, 2019, 09:11:23 AM
Thrown liquids spread better than cream pies.  Every protest movement seeks an identity.  In my day, we are burned photocopies of our draft cards.  Then some people burned cheap flags.  Maybe next decade, it will be community-accumalated snot or feces.  And after that, it will get subtle again.  Bring back the protest signs...!

Yes.  In the 60s I would have burned hippies at the stake.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.