News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Milkshakes a deadly weapon.

Started by Munch, May 10, 2019, 10:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Of course, I don't think throwing a milkshake at someone is an appropriate response to someone being an idiot. But this is hardly something worth international attention. Alert me when Liberals use their cars to run over Conservatives using their right to protest, or when they start doing mass shootings in the name of some Liberal YouTube personality, then you'll have my attention. As of now, Conservatives have the monopoly on those things, so forgive me if I don't shed a tear for Sargon of a Con.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2019, 12:37:43 PM
Of course, I don't think throwing a milkshake at someone is an appropriate response to someone being an idiot. But this is hardly something worth international attention. Alert me when Liberals use their cars to run over Conservatives using their right to protest, or when they start doing mass shootings in the name of some Liberal YouTube personality, then you'll have my attention. As of now, Conservatives have the monopoly on those things, so forgive me if I don't shed a tear for Sargon of a Con.

something tells me even if that did happen, back of your mind you'd find it entertaining.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 06, 2019, 02:28:25 PM
something tells me even if that did happen, back of your mind you'd find it entertaining.

You don't know me very well, then.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2019, 12:37:43 PM

I often see people writing or speaking about how "both sides" are equal in vile responses and events.  They seldom are.   Anyone with an ounce of sense can tell that if one person drives a car into a crowd of assembled people protesting, it is NOT an equivalency.  People who do that are "terrorists" and no way around that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 09, 2019, 11:57:53 AM
I often see people writing or speaking about how "both sides" are equal in vile responses and events.  They seldom are.   Anyone with an ounce of sense can tell that if one person drives a car into a crowd of assembled people protesting, it is NOT an equivalency.  People who do that are "terrorists" and no way around that.

Yes, inequality everywhere.  Can't build communism on that.  Thank G-d that eventually most of us will be sterile female clone workers in the Feminist hive.

Yes, people are violent.  Just about the only thing you and I can do about that, is to not be violent ourselves, in spite of all the provocations ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2019, 02:01:36 PM
Yes, inequality everywhere.  Can't build communism on that.  Thank G-d that eventually most of us will be sterile female clone workers in the Feminist hive.

Yes, people are violent.  Just about the only thing you and I can do about that, is to not be violent ourselves, in spite of all the provocations ;-)

The future is the business of the future.  For today, we must address the outrages of the present.  A century from now, there will be people trying to address the wrongs of our time looking back to us for guidance.  We owe them that guidance.  And we can only provide it by doing the best we can today.

I consider the future to be a book I hold in my hands with unknown numbers of blank pages beyond a certain point.  If I have any anger in life, it is that I will never read those pages nor even know how many pages there are.  I do not fear dying so much as I regret not knowing how the story is told to the end.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on June 09, 2019, 04:40:55 PM
A century from now, there will be people trying to address the wrongs of our time looking back to us for guidance.

Well, maybe: https://www.livescience.com/65633-climate-change-dooms-humans-by-2050.html

There may not be any humans left in a century that will care about anything other than sheer survival.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Y'all could write the book on "Georgia Guide Stones for Commies".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2019, 05:19:35 PM
Well, maybe: https://www.livescience.com/65633-climate-change-dooms-humans-by-2050.html

There may not be any humans left in a century that will care about anything other than sheer survival.

Well we are the first generations who could actually end human life, by using nuclear weapons on ourselves. And I don't think we will.

Unbeliever

There have already been some very close calls with nukes, but so far, so good.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 11, 2019, 01:22:18 PM
There have already been some very close calls with nukes, but so far, so good.

Close only counts in horseshoes and nukes.  A nuke incident is referred to as a "Broken Arrow".  Like when a plane does down on patrol with a nuke on it.  Does not include false alert incidents.  First one was Nazis in 1942.  Most recent was in 2003.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_nuclear_accidents

One mishap in detail (1968) ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Thule_Air_Base_B-52_crash#Broken_Arrow

Film of actual nuclear accidents ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlUXl7z9nU

More questionable successes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjfaTKNJis

Nuclear fracking, 60 miles from where I am moving to ...

http://www.wadenelson.com/gasbuggy.html

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 03:52:54 PM
Close only counts in horseshoes and nukes.  A nuke incident is referred to as a "Broken Arrow".  Like when a plane does down on patrol with a nuke on it.  Does not include false alert incidents.  First one was Nazis in 1942.  Most recent was in 2003.

Film of actual nuclear accidents ...

Nuclear fracking, 60 miles from where I am moving to ...

Might not be the best place to move to. 

I spent my office life in Washington DC.  One day, the Office Manger called me in and offerred me a promotion to Branch Chief of The Emergency Management Branch.  After a day considering it, I advised her that I was probably not the best choice.  When she asked why, I told her that if there was an actual nuclear war, Washington DC was going to be a 20 mile diameter glass bowl and I intended to be somewhere in the Smoky mountains hiding in a hole in the ground with some cans of food, my crossbow and a knife.

Oddly, she never brought up the subject again.  Honesty is not helpful sometimes.  But seriously, I was never suited to prepare for things I hoped would never happen.  Voice telecom was real every day.

Munch

Uk 'comedian' Jo Brand recently in regards to these attacks has made a joke of wishing the milkshake was instead battery acid.

Here in the UK, since we don't have guns here, things like knife crimes, and acid attacks are some of the number one causes of attacks here. 

And yet, the BBC themselves have defended Jo brand for saying this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2OEEZ86LWo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPpiBSSMPMA

And yet you take someone like a youtuber like count dankula, who made an equally tasteless joke about his pug being a Nazi, and he gets arrested for it.

Baruch

Sorry, all Brits are Muslim terrorists now, whether they wear a burkha or not.  That Malala girl from Pakistan better stay away from GB now, since they have legitimized battery acid attack ;-)

When you see Prince Charles going down the highway on a camel dressed as Lawrence of Arabia, then it is time to worry.  I hear he likes being a faux Arab.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on June 13, 2019, 04:08:28 PM
Sorry, all Brits are Muslim terrorists now, whether they wear a burkha or not.  That Malala girl from Pakistan better stay away from GB now, since they have legitimized battery acid attack ;-)

When you see Prince Charles going down the highway on a camel dressed as Lawrence of Arabia, then it is time to worry.  I hear he likes being a faux Arab.

On that day I'm deciding between either getting pieces of my brain removed so I don't have to think about the world around me, or moving to Iceland.