Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: Shiranu on May 10, 2019, 08:44:20 PM
Why does it make a difference?

If you believe in evolution you should know that something lie on the bottom and something else is up towards an higher level of consciousness.
Matter lie on the very bottom of evolution so by siding with the bottom you automatically choose a lower degree of consciousness that is why it is important to side with and higher degree of consciousness such as a spiritual entity.

QuoteThat is not anything new, that is literally describing life at the most fundamental level. When you boil it all down, all life is is a state of suffering and dying while chasing matter to extend life to it's longest possible extent.

When we are bound to live within a material-physical situation is not that easy to get out and live outside, outside in a dimension void of suffering but if we act with intelligence we can overcome in part this constrain by planning our life in such a way that there is a balance between physical needs, mental needs and spiritual needs waiting for an auspicable day when our balance is perfect and we accomplished the reason why we exist.

That is not what most of the people do these days.
They are out of balance so their life is a dreadful torture.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Simon Moon

Quote from: Arik on May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM
That is funny.

Atheists often point out how many Gods religious people have.
The list goes on and on with no end in sight and that is funny indeed because God is one if of course there is a God so all Gods except one are just the creation of people.

Here however is my point.
People create a myriad of Gods which of course are not real except in their imagination.
Materialists are no exception in creating a myriad of Gods in their imagination.
So criticizing religious people for their thousand Gods while creating a myriad of Gods in their mind is quite hypocritical.

But let us see how people create Gods in their mind.

Today most people are not Atheists or theists.
They are materialists.
They wouldn't care less whether there is God or not.
They only care about material things or objects.

By giving too much importance to these object their mind become more and more attached to them.
Sometime ago I read that a thief stole a smartphone from a girl intent to use it.
This girl try to chase the thief not realizing that she entered the railways ground with an incoming train.
The poor girl died and she died because her smartphone become her God.

Throughout history we have seen many people who died for their God but their God was not made of matter and that make a lot of difference.
Today people suffer and die for a God that is made of matter.
Atheists are no exception.
They also create in their mind an admiration for objects and these objects soon or later become their Gods.

Why on earth choose the very low kind of God hidden in matter which is the low of lowest form of latent consciousness when you can have the very high form of consciousness? 

That is one long and wordy equivocation fallacy you got there.

You can redefine the word 'god' as much as you like, but if the vast majority of people are not defining the word as you are, then you are not communicating anything.

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Unbeliever

Quote from: Arik on May 11, 2019, 09:37:49 AM
When we are bound to live within a material-physical situation is not that easy to get out and live outside, outside in a dimension void of suffering but if we act with intelligence we can overcome in part this constrain by planning our life in such a way that there is a balance between physical needs, mental needs and spiritual needs waiting for an auspicable day when our balance is perfect and we accomplished the reason why we exist.

I don't understand the concept of "spiritual needs." Can you elaborate? What exactly are "spiritual needs"? Are they synonymous with emotional needs?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 14, 2019, 02:38:53 PM
I don't understand the concept of "spiritual needs." Can you elaborate? What exactly are "spiritual needs"? Are they synonymous with emotional needs?
you  get a little woo from over there, and a little woo  for over yonder and a touch of woo right over here and voila...you gots a woo-woo-woo, yooby doo doo.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Ah, yes, exactly so! With a woo woo here and a woo woo there, here a woo, there a woo, everywhere a woo woo!
God Not Found

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Arik on May 11, 2019, 08:53:10 AM

With his experiment Bose change the notion that the stimuli in plants had to have a chemical nature or cause.
But even today most atheists think that this is the case so to ask me what any of you think I would say.......you guys are still miles and miles away from the truth.

Simple MO.
By showing that the reaction of that plant was NOT caused by a chemical reaction or cause Bose proved that plants have consciousness.
Only consciousness is able to show a reaction to pain and affection.

Energy and consciousness always go hand in hand like the two sides of the same sheet.
Matter is energy which is kept in a latent stage because there is no awareness in the consciousness that is in that matter so the question is not whether the world is made of mind or matter.
It is rather that is made of energy and consciousness.

Bold mine: It's rather a big leap to say that the electric rather than chemical nature of of stimuli-conduction makes a plant conscious.
Even bigger still to leap from that to the sentences I underlined.

Plant perception is a proven thing, but not in your paranormal sense of the word.
You might deemme small-minded, but it seems to me like you're simply overextending the consequences of the electrical excitability of plant cells.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

There are all sorts of chemical and electrical processes in living tissue, including plants.  Even single celled life is amazingly complicated.  We choose to call one tissue of that, for historical reasons ... neural ... and attach sensation and consciousness to that kind of tissue.  But we are the done's drawing the dividing line, same as a national boundary.  The choice is humanistic and pragmatic, not literal.  Hence the openness to at least limited pan-psychism.  None of that requires paranormal speculation.  Paranormal is metaphysical, not physical.  I would contend that we don't even understand, in actual living tissue, what all is happening in the physical.  There are about 100 billion neurons in the human brain.  If you look at the combinatorial influence (at all levels, not just neural synapses) that is 100 billion factorial, an unimaginable large number.  Way more than a googol.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Apparently, plants even do quantum physics, so they must be pretty smart!

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22996054
God Not Found

Baruch

Things happen naturally without thought ... that is how politics works too ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

What planet are you from?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on May 14, 2019, 10:44:49 PM
Things happen naturally without thought ... that is how politics works too ;-)

Rhubarb - Nettle
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Arik

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on May 15, 2019, 12:15:24 AM
What planet are you from?

I suppose you must go around with the blinkers on your eyes.

Where I work during the break I see 9 people out of 10 that spend most of their break time checking, sending messages and playing with their smart phone.
If you try to talk about life with them they look at you like if you are an alien that is why I said that most people are materialists that wouldn't care less whether God exist or not.

But in a way they are also theists because material things become their God but it would be better to call them.....worthless theists.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Simon Moon

I missed this gem on my first reading of the OP.

There are no other choices.

Either one accepts the claim that a god exists as being true. This defines them as a theist.

Or one does not accept that claim as being true. This defines them as an atheist.

This is a binary mental state. There are no other possibilities than the above 2 positions.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Arik

Quote from: Simon Moon on May 14, 2019, 02:26:26 PM
That is one long and wordy equivocation fallacy you got there.

You can redefine the word 'god' as much as you like, but if the vast majority of people are not defining the word as you are, then you are not communicating anything.

The main reason why I did start this thread was to show the stupidity of those who criticizing theists for creating a myriad of Gods while at the same time they also create a myriad of Gods considering that their materialism is a God in itself with all object of pleasure that it create which are countless.

Now the point is to understand what the word God means.
When someone thinking become attached and fond to something and this attachment become their main attraction then they create a God in their mind so whether a God is real or it is an illusion it doesn't much of a difference in term of saying God but of course it make a lot of difference if it is not an illusion because while the illusion will harm the consciousness the reality does not but of course you may well say that there is no a real God so everything is an illusion or even say that the material reality is real while a real God is an illusion.

The time is also an illusion because when something nice happen the time goes very very fast but when something bad happen the time never goes.

This physical-material so called reality is all a creation of the mind.
A brick in the head can kill you but some martial art professional can brake a brick without any problem so again all this physical-material so called reality can be cancel-override and nullify and that means that if you go behind the illusion you can understand the real reality which of course is not this material one.

So my definition of God is of a God that is behind this illusion.

aitm

Quote from: Arik on May 15, 2019, 10:55:00 AM

If you try to talk about life with them they look at you like if you are an alien

i.e  people who aren't stupid are not going to sit and listen to your bat shit crazy prattle. And he calls them stupid....oy
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust