News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

^ see, that's a poor way to approach a conversation, imho.
If you say you're here to 'win an argument', you see  what could be an intellectually honest debate instead as a clash of sorts.
That changes your mindset and attitude going into the conversation. Rather than seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow together, and to allow your view and understanding of the world to evolve, you become rigid and too self-certain of your own (beginning) stance. Close-minded and prone to dishonesty and fallacy, as you bind the argument to your perception of yourself and will do anything, bend into any shape, to protect it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

There is always for formal debate section, but I have never seen that work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on July 16, 2019, 06:51:26 AM

The forum is all about trying to make a point Mike and in order to make a point you need to knock down the opposite argument with something that make sense which is something that you often fail to do.

There is no point in saying that somebody else is crap unless you come up with a way to win the argument.
I can say all you spew is crap--why?  Because all you spew is crap--I would venture to say that that is all you know and every keystroke proves it--you are full of crap, spew that crap on this site and are too stupid to realize it--or even care.  You can, of course, believe in any and all airy-fairy crap you want to--just don't expect me to pay any attention.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 16, 2019, 09:36:01 AM
I can say all you spew is crap--why?  Because all you spew is crap--I would venture to say that that is all you know and every keystroke proves it--you are full of crap, spew that crap on this site and are too stupid to realize it--or even care.  You can, of course, believe in any and all airy-fairy crap you want to--just don't expect me to pay any attention.

Look in the mirror.  Hating humanity in general is rational.  We suck.  Hating me individually, is bigotry.  But I am OK with that.

Y'all ignore anthropology and psychology of religion, because of prejudice (a common reason for hating humanity).

Arguing about philosophy in general or epistemology particular is a distraction.  But then rhetoric is all about sharp knives in a dark alleyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2019, 12:01:09 PM
Look in the mirror.  Hating humanity in general is rational.  We suck.  Hating me individually, is bigotry.  But I am OK with that.

Y'all ignore anthropology and psychology of religion, because of prejudice (a common reason for hating humanity).

Arguing about philosophy in general or epistemology particular is a distraction.  But then rhetoric is all about sharp knives in a dark alleyway.
this is what you are so fond of--grabbing statements that come out of your ass and claim they are accurate or what was said.  I look in the mirror every day....and...........???  I don't think hating humanity in general is rational.  I think hate begets hate.  Love (which is a catch-all for respect, mannerly, etc) begets love.  Of course this is not 100%.  And of course people do heinous acts of cruelty and destruction all the time.  But that is not how people act generally.   You say, "Y'all ignore anthropology and psychology of religion, because of prejudice (a common reason for hating humanity)."  I don't know what you mean by that.  I enjoy the study of anthropology and the psychology behind religion.  Both give insights into why people turn into sheeple when religion is considered. 

When have I indicated that I 'hate' you individually?  It is the constant flow of comments like this (these days I only read a handful of them--I skip most of them) that leads me to think you are in a depressed state and have been for awhile.  It seems that the longer you live the more depressed you become and the more you embrace hatred of people in general.  You seem to live to be a shit disturber and you seem to believe more and more of the shit you spew.  Too bad, for I used to really enjoy your banter and sense of humor; hate, in you, seems to be winning.  No wonder you support trump more and more.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Sigh.  We aren't seen by others, as we see ourselves.  Have a good day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Simon Moon

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 16, 2019, 01:15:11 PM
You say, "Y'all ignore anthropology and psychology of religion, because of prejudice (a common reason for hating humanity)."  I don't know what you mean by that.  I enjoy the study of anthropology and the psychology behind religion.  Both give insights into why people turn into sheeple when religion is considered.

Yeah, I wish he'd explain this further.

QuoteIt is the constant flow of comments like this (these days I only read a handful of them--I skip most of them) that leads me to think you are in a depressed state and have been for awhile.  It seems that the longer you live the more depressed you become and the more you embrace hatred of people in general.  You seem to live to be a shit disturber and you seem to believe more and more of the shit you spew.  Too bad, for I used to really enjoy your banter and sense of humor; hate, in you, seems to be winning.  No wonder you support trump more and more.

As I stated a couple weeks ago, I went almost a year without posting here, but I also remember a much different Baruch.

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Mike Cl

Quote from: Simon Moon on July 16, 2019, 06:12:32 PM
As I stated a couple weeks ago, I went almost a year without posting here, but I also remember a much different Baruch.
Do you suppose that he was so bummed out that you quit posting that he went into a deep funk???? :))))  See--this is your fault!

It is interesting that you noted what I was seeing.  I think it was a gradual thing--but real, nonetheless.

Baruch

Quote from: Simon Moon on July 16, 2019, 06:12:32 PM
Yeah, I wish he'd explain this further.

I have seen the US devolve into civil war.  The planet devolve into world war.  And one faction wants revolution.  Time to chose up sides.  "Hokahey, today is a good day to die!" - Lakota chief Crazyhorse

I remember a much different America.  But things must change, for better or worse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

What is anthropology or psychology?  People here say ... its BS.  But religions aren't going anywhere.  I don't enjoy watching anti-theists piss up-wind.  Smells ;-)

Philosophy and theology are more questionable.  The "truth" content (assuming there is any truth) is an entirely different proposition.

It is a fact, that many Catholics believe that Jesus is really flesh and blood in the Eucharist.  Others call it only a remembrance.  It impacts strongly how Christians think and behave.  Christians have no need to seek apology from anyone.

It is not true, that Jesus is really flesh and blood in the Eucharist, objectively.  Calling it a remembrance, is purely subjective.  Prove me wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2019, 11:36:59 PM

I remember a much different America.  But things must change, for better or worse.
Put that sentence in all caps!  THIS is not the US I thought I was growing up in--growing old in.  But as I'm fond of saying--that's what I get for thinking.  Am I disappointed??--deeply!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 17, 2019, 12:28:13 AM
Put that sentence in all caps!  THIS is not the US I thought I was growing up in--growing old in.  But as I'm fond of saying--that's what I get for thinking.  Am I disappointed??--deeply!

But, but ... it is because we have grown old ;-)  The world has stayed the same, we have moved on.  In the Stone Age, nothing ever changed, and life expectancy was 30-40 years.

I have changed ... improved actually, over the last 4 years.  I measure progress individually, no socially.

Once upon a time ... an AI couldn't have handled this problem, only a human can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvXqosqkls

I got to do a little participating in space projects.  Not as much as I wanted, like when I sent that ion engine design to the Johnson White House in 1967.  I was 11.  Got a letter back in thanks.  Don't think that would happen today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 16, 2019, 07:05:01 AM
^ see, that's a poor way to approach a conversation, imho.
If you say you're here to 'win an argument', you see  what could be an intellectually honest debate instead as a clash of sorts.
That changes your mindset and attitude going into the conversation. Rather than seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow together, and to allow your view and understanding of the world to evolve, you become rigid and too self-certain of your own (beginning) stance. Close-minded and prone to dishonesty and fallacy, as you bind the argument to your perception of yourself and will do anything, bend into any shape, to protect it.

If I can not win an argument that may mean that my argument is a fail and the opposition is probably correct.
From here any intelligent person would understand that he-she would be better to change and learn.

How do you presume that I am not prepared to change and learn also considering that most of the Atheist beliefs are based on guessing and guessing only?

Since when Atheists ever came up with real evidence about the 10 points that I did show in previous posts?
Atheists are always quick to say that anything void of evidence is nothing but at the same time they keep on popping up with arguments void of any evidence so how I suppose to learn from it?

As soon as you come up with real evidence I will be more than prepared to admit my failing.

I promise MO.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 16, 2019, 09:36:01 AM

Sure Mike.

And all this come from someone who can not even bring evidence on any of the 10 Atheists beliefs which I did point out in previous posts.

Alleluiah
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das