News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on June 08, 2019, 05:12:10 AM
Assuming reincarnation, I see people getting what they deserve.  Can't say that is a bad thing.  If some people are reincarnated as discontinued Atari video game cartridges (1980s), then OK by me.

My belief is a little bit different Baruch.

I do not like or dislike to see people in trouble due to their own bad karma.
As far as they are repented or in need of help I am always ready to help.
It is when I see angry-swearing people that do not get the fact that they suffer for a reason that make me stay away from them and let them sort out their own problems.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 08, 2019, 09:16:33 AM
You do like to drivel all over yourself, don't you--you must go thru tons of Depends since you are always driveling all over yourself. 

You simply have no idea what evolution is nor how it functions.  And you have no idea what what the word 'worship' means.  In fact, language and accuracy seems to throw you for a loop.  As Mr. Gump (a mental giant compared to you) says--'Stupid is as stupid does'.............and you do stupid always and constantly.

You got it wrong once again Mike.

Evolution is NOT an exclusive property directed to biological changes but his meaning cover an infinity of things.

Rocket science has evolved.
Medical science has evolved.
All different sciences have evolved and so on so the word evolution can not be confined to biological changes.
In fact the word evolution is related to the gradual development of something.
The forms of written languages undergo constant evolution and so all the rest.

In one dictionary I read....development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, progression, expansion, extension, unfolding and more that is why you got it wrong.

But again the most important form of evolution is the progress that is made within because that is the only progress that you can keep with you once you leave your body.

As far as the word worship here you are wrong again.
Different people worship different things so this word is not and can not be associated with worship only a deity because many people turn their material object of worship into their God.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Mike Cl

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 09:56:56 AM

You got it wrong once again Mike.

Evolution is NOT an exclusive property directed to biological changes but his meaning cover an infinity of things.

All different sciences have evolved and so on so the word evolution can not be confined to biological changes.

In one dictionary I read....development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, progression, expansion, extension, unfolding and more that is why you got it wrong.

But again the most important form of evolution is the progress that is made within because that is the only progress that you can keep with you once you leave your body.

Different people worship different things so this word is not and can not be associated with worship only a deity because many people turn their material object of worship into their God.

:grin: :grin: You are so willfully ignorant and stupid that you do provide some comic relief-- :cheesy: :cheer:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 09:27:58 AM

My belief is a little bit different Baruch.

I do not like or dislike to see people in trouble due to their own bad karma.
It is when I see angry-swearing people that do not get the fact that they suffer for a reason that make me stay away from them and let them sort out their own problems.

My hope is that everyone will be successful and happy, but experience teaches me to expect disappointment.  Yes, my hope is self contradictory, given the win/lose relationship between people ;-(

My fear is that retribution is great, that many reincarnations as Atheistforums commentators will be required of one and all, a fate worse than Avichi hell ;-)

But my rhetoric can be as biting as a great white shark.  I have a broad smile, but lots of teeth.  People insist on partisan selfishness.  And hostility when they don't get what they want or when they want. ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 08, 2019, 10:27:48 AM
:grin: :grin: You are so willfully ignorant and stupid that you do provide some comic relief-- :cheesy: :cheer:

There is a huge difference between my clear explanation of definitions and meanings of words and your constant confusion and your use of degrading and demeaning words in order to try to keep your credibility alive.

Any independent jury would find you loser no matter what.

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on June 06, 2019, 09:08:38 AMYou don't have to worry about that mate.

When you will reborn you will find yourself in a more advanced technology dimension but don't forget that from now on you will have to be a good boy eh. :cheesy:
Dibs on the Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 09:27:58 AM

ah so your fat or 8 limbed god is a prick after all. Gotta repent. Yeah.....yer a bubble all right.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 08, 2019, 05:37:55 PM
ah so your fat or 8 limbed god is a prick after all. Gotta repent. Yeah.....yer a bubble all right.

Per Mahayana Buddhism, one can't actually help.  You have to do it yourself.  But I am not sure how it is in Hinduism (Yoga).

There is positive and negative theology (Pelagius controversy in early Christianity and Daoism in China).

It isn't repentance that magically changes things.  The repentance us evidence of an internal change.  And that change could be ... that you have removed yourself as an obstacle to your own progress.  If G-d is responsible for everything, then G-d is necessary for this success or failure.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 09:56:56 AM

Dearheart, the thinking that people have mind powers, souls and whatnot is somewhere where we've already been. To return to that thinking is going backwards, downwards down that train of steps in that cartoon you like showing. No, the future steps in our evolution is not going to be towards mind powers in the way you're thinking of them. When it's going to happen, it's going to be granting the powers of the mind through mind/machine interfaces augmenting our bodies with purpose-built machines, and granting immortality by making us actually immortal. People have tried your woo approach, and it doesn't work. When people try hard-nosed scientific investigation, it works and extremely well. I know where I'm putting my money.

You call it "worship" because it's the only way you can understand our zeal for it. It is so unlike worship of gods it is not even in the same category. There is no ritual we perform towards materialism to affirm our faiths, no creed we follow, no silly hats we wear, it's just a deep understanding of what we're talking about, and the fact that it actually makes sense of the world we see is the amazing part. There's simply no room for your woo. Science and the hard-nosed investigation and critical scrutiny of ideas is what has given us the wonders of the cosmological perspective, the understanding of the world of the very small, and the keys to the universe.

In short, we are so zealous, not because we don't understand the designs of entities unknown but assumed, but because we do understand to a substantial degree the entities we have verified and investigated.

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 11:02:06 AM
There is a huge difference between my clear explanation of definitions and meanings of words and your constant confusion and your use of degrading and demeaning words in order to try to keep your credibility alive.

Every cluless moron says the exact same thing: "You're confused; I'm talking sense; all people who are woke will agree with me." It gets old after a while.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 08, 2019, 05:58:47 PM
quoting some stuff

Bull shit is still bull shit even when it is painted.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 08, 2019, 09:17:41 PM
Bull shit is still bull shit even when it is painted.

If one can't do anything else for the world, one can at least provide fertilizer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on June 08, 2019, 11:02:06 AM

Arik, you so completely misunderstand "evolution".  It is NOT a basic learning process like science is, and as you seem to think.  Evolution is more correctly called "Natural Selection".  And, as such, it merely means that among any multitude of organisms, from the simplest to the most complex, some individual ones will be very slightly different and more able to succeed in the conditions in which they live. 

It doesn't matter if it is the smallest microbe slightly more able to ingest or utilize the nutrients around it, a bird who's beak is EVER SO SLIGHTLY better at getting at flower seeds, or a more complex creature with a slight change in vision that allows it to identify  riper fruits than it's group members.  The point is that small changes add up over time and give a tiny advantage to one ability over another. 

And whatever level, those tiny advantages gradually result in improved reproduction rates that slowly among those with the slightly better skill at anything (because they eat "just a little better" or jump "just a little faster" or whatever is an advantage).  If those individuals produce 1,000 offspring and the ones without that advantage produce 999, eventually that advantage will be widespread and universal. 

Think of 100s of generations and do the simple math.

Religion has nothing to do with it.  Natural Selection does not engage religion in any way.  And Natural Selection IS "evolution".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!