Russian Trolls a Large Part of the Anti-Vaxx Movement

Started by Shiranu, May 04, 2019, 11:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

So what I am talking about here is cultural emparialism. The one that worked. I realise that I speak with a tone of acceptance and it sounds like I suppoort it. No, not at all. It's just you guys see it so pink.

There are no choices. And I am trying to say that why would people choose Russia or China. What are they offering us? Of course the notions of freedom or equality is bollocks. But that makes a difference according which one is selling that bollocks.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Sorry, drunkenshoe.  You are a mature, educated person.  But like the rest of us, you don't understand anything.  So much like a Parisian salon circa 1788.  Enjoy hour historical tragedy as best you can, I will.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Please tell us about the salon culture of 18th century Paris, Baruch. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 07, 2019, 07:27:17 AM
Please tell us about the salon culture of 18th century Paris, Baruch.

Overly cultured, feminist, elite … totally oblivious to the Deplorables.  If you were really Turkish, you wouldn't be reading German/French philosophy.  Not saying that Erdogan is the best choice to lead Turkey.

Marie Antoinette should have said … Let the Muslim peasants eat Turkish Delight.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I know people who have read Reader's Digest all their lives then ended up with a better historical perspective and world vision than yours.

You see/use concepts, tendencies, movements, ideologies, historical characters, events... as ingredients of some sort of a meal. It's like American cooking. Just add. Add everything you can that sounds delicious at the moment. Veggies, meat, minced meat, sour cream, 3 sorts of mushrooms, beans, 4 sorts of cheese, and please don't forget the chicken broth and then put it on the potato puree; with bacon, butter and 2 sorts of cheese in it. 

What are you talking about? 

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 07, 2019, 09:07:04 AM
I know people who have read Reader's Digest all their lives then ended up with a better historical perspective and world vision than yours.

You see/use concepts, tendencies, movements, ideologies, historical characters, events... as ingredients of some sort of a meal. It's like American cooking. Just add. Add everything you can that sounds delicious at the moment. Veggies, meat, minced meat, sour cream, 3 sorts of mushrooms, beans, 4 sorts of cheese, and please don't forget the chicken broth and then put it on the potato puree; with bacon, butter and 2 sorts of cheese in it. 

What are you talking about? 

You have read the actual Reader's Digest … the historical American one from days of yore?  With homely Middle Class short stories and essays?  Really?  Yes, maybe you get your opinions from Habermas.  So?

I wouldn't know as much about Turkish history than you of course, but potentially I could be at least as aware of the faults of elite European cultural snobbery as you.  Paris doesn't give a baguette for Washington or Ankara.

The EU is the alliance between German political-economic hegemony and French cultural imperialism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Finally. After some Marco Polo session... I was talking about American cultural imperialism and why it works. Compared to Russian and Chinese cultures.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 07, 2019, 12:12:55 PM
Finally. After some Marco Polo session... I was talking about American cultural imperialism and why it works. Compared to Russian and Chinese cultures.

OK ... so Europe so sad, they aren't even on the party invitation list?

I love traditional Chinese culture, as part of the smorgasboard.  My ex and daughter watch Chinese/Korean dramas all the time.  I love any culture.  Maybe China should resume being China and stop trying to be an unemployed German immigrant to Victorian London?  Being an American, I don't have a complex over the "ugly American".  I do have a complex over the "ugly European" ;-)

Our multiculturalism doesn't legitimate the political-economics of our opponents.  No Sharia here.  I can have Mexican food any day ... but I don't have to invade Mexico or let them invade me.  And I am OK with legal immigration.  European multiculturalism is ... all men bad, all White folks bad ... because we are ashamed what we aren't Mahatma Gandhi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Liking is not the point. Would you like to live in it? Own up to it? Raise your children in it?

Also, no, the Chinese culture you like is the commercials. Every foreign culture you like is filtered down through American culture. It's enjoying the exotic, you pink ass. Not enjoying the real, traditional cultures.

We got them through the same filter. As a part of American culture. Not from the source even though it's much closer in many sense and we have ancient relations. 

Anime, even Buddhism is exported through America. Not from Japan or India. From the U. S. A. Do you get why I keep saying that you guys are living on the moon?

That's not multiculturalism, it is called cultural imperialism.

Baruch, please stop talking about Europe. You really know don't know anything about it.   

Baruch

You know nothing about America beyond European snobbery.  Sorry to say that, but we all have our limitations.  I probably couldn't bake a Turkish Delight if I tried.

So, turn off all contact outside of Turkey, and only have Muslim Brotherhood propaganda.  Then Turkey will be safe from contaminating influences.  Until Commodore Perry (USN) comes knocking at your door.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The idea of a Franco-German alliance ruling Europe brings forth tears of laughter...  Neither have a history of native leaders.  Napoleon came from Corsica, Hitler was Austrian.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 10, 2019, 01:54:21 AM
The idea of a Franco-German alliance ruling Europe brings forth tears of laughter...  Neither have a history of native leaders.  Napoleon came from Corsica, Hitler was Austrian.

You are correct, if only the EU founders had consulted you (or me).  What is also funny, is why you would want the Southern tier in your group (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece).  That makes it an even more tragic clown car.  People now realize that the EU shouldn't include E Europe either.  It should be Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway.  Germanic only (Switzerland and GB are too independent).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 10, 2019, 04:21:14 AM
You are correct, if only the EU founders had consulted you (or me).  What is also funny, is why you would want the Southern tier in your group (Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece).  That makes it an even more tragic clown car.  People now realize that the EU shouldn't include E Europe either.  It should be Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway.  Germanic only (Switzerland and GB are too independent).

My view of NATO is really what it was after WWII up to the Iron Curtain.  With the successful integration of East Germany and maybe Poland.  The other European nations are not settled democracies and do not fit well.

Both NATO and the EU tried to expand too rapidly and that has caused serious problems.  Instead of saying "well, OK", they should have said "prove it".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on May 10, 2019, 01:54:21 AM

What even is a "native" leader, particularly in Germany's case? Germany is several hundred different states combined into one, how do you decide which one is the most German? And Austria is just as much "German" as any of the other ones... even if it's not part of Germany.

Same for France... there are massive cultural differences between a Parisian, a Burgundian, a Lyonnais, a Corsican and an Alsatian... but all are French.

Or if you want to get even more culturally divided, look at Spain, Italy or Greece...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 10, 2019, 08:46:17 AM
What even is a "native" leader, particularly in Germany's case? Germany is several hundred different states combined into one, how do you decide which one is the most German? And Austria is just as much "German" as any of the other ones... even if it's not part of Germany.

Same for France... there are massive cultural differences between a Parisian, a Burgundian, a Lyonnais, a Corsican and an Alsatian... but all are French.

Or if you want to get even more culturally divided, look at Spain, Italy or Greece...

Leadership is determined by blood and iron.  Prussia had destroyed Denmark 2 years before.  Prussia destroyed Austria, and created the German Empire ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFLHvlND_U

Superior training, and very superior rifles (much higher rate of fire).  Later France got the same rough treatment.  Germany was like Israel vs Arabs.

Hitler fulfilled this Bismark dream of unification.  Of course there were many German immigrants in the Ukraine so ....

Under History section ... more info ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.