News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Re: Why we need God in our life?

Started by Munch, December 24, 2017, 03:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

I'm not seeing a case here, what I am seeing is either A: a con man seeing religion as something to make money off, or B: a weak minded and deluded nitwit who fell for cultist beliefs since he was directionless in his life
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Allah is not god but a name of a god. Just like Zeus, Thor, Apollo.

God in Arabic is Ilah. Just like in the shahadah.

Allah was a rock idol of the pagan Quraysh tribe.
Muhammad made it the god of the Muslims (Mohammedans).

Munch

I'm guessing sweetto only sees it that way since it falls in line with 'my sky daddy is the only real sky daddy'
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

He is doing dawah (proselytizing), which is a duty for every Muslim.   

Recruiting soldiers for Allah.

Jason78

Thanks to Sweettos post I now believe

that people that post videos without a description are lazy.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on December 24, 2017, 05:22:04 AM
He is doing dawah (proselytizing), which is a duty for every Muslim.   

Recruiting soldiers for Allah.

Also Buddhism and Christianity.  Hindus want to reclaim former Hindus who are something else (in India).  Jews want to reclaim former Jews.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: sweetto on December 24, 2017, 02:59:36 AM
The best explanation of the question why we need Allah(God) in our life with proofs and facts
If I came into your house and preached atheism you'd have conniptions. I guess you've proved we're better people that you.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on December 24, 2017, 04:29:18 AM
Allah is not god but a name of a god. Just like Zeus, Thor, Apollo.
Allah is in the company of a long list of gods that have been around for much longer than Allah.  A list rich in accomplishments, mighty deeds, and ardent worshipers.  Their stories tell of vanquishing great armies, and wonderful miracles.  Without them we would be just men without purpose fighting amongst ourselves.  There would be wars, raping, stealing, lying, and cheating.  People would get sick from awful diseases and some would die.  Can there be any question of the existence of gods?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 24, 2017, 04:08:51 PM
Allah is in the company of a long list of gods that have been around for much longer than Allah.  A list rich in accomplishments, mighty deeds, and ardent worshipers.  Their stories tell of vanquishing great armies, and wonderful miracles.  Without them we would be just men without purpose fighting amongst ourselves.  There would be wars, raping, stealing, lying, and cheating.  People would get sick from awful diseases and some would die.  Can there be any question of the existence of gods?

Polytheism made more sense than monotheism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Somebody run a sock check for traces of  ƵenKlassen.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Simple proof that religion is non-sensical...  The religious believers can only tell each other apart but the name of their god and their clothing.  Atheists don't care what you wear.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 05:56:38 AM
Simple proof that religion is non-sensical...  The religious believers can only tell each other apart but the name of their god and their clothing.  Atheists don't care what you wear.

Same as stupid sports fans.  Are you anti-sports?  Didn't think so, eh primitive tribalist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2017, 08:33:36 AM
Same as stupid sports fans.  Are you anti-sports?  Didn't think so, eh primitive tribalist?

I wear no uniforms.  I used to enjoy sports I could play, though.   Letterred in Tennis, golf, and track in HS.  Played rugby in college.  I can't do that now.  Not too old or fat, bad knees from weeding the garden.  But if you want to try me at air hockey, prepare to lose all your quarters. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2017, 11:50:19 AM
I wear no uniforms.  I used to enjoy sports I could play, though.   Letterred in Tennis, golf, and track in HS.  Played rugby in college.  I can't do that now.  Not too old or fat, bad knees from weeding the garden.  But if you want to try me at air hockey, prepare to lose all your quarters.

I loved air hockey too.  Other sports, not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: sweetto on December 24, 2017, 02:59:36 AM
The best explanation of the question why we need Allah(God) in our life with proofs and facts
I have no more need of YHWH, Jehovah, Allah, Zeus, Thor or Krishna in my life than I need the Tooth Fairy, Santa, or the Great Pumpkin.  Besides, if there were proof and facts of any deity, we wouldn't be atheists.  Unsurprisingly, you have neither.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan