Re: Ultimate Truth Behind Christianity, Islam, Judaism & Mental Illnesses!!

Started by Sorginak, September 22, 2017, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

I just saw this nonsense on another atheist forum, and I'll say the same thing here that I did there:

TL;DR

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sorginak

Mike Cl

This guy makes Ibn look like a piker!!  This guy must be a writer for the Ancient Astronauts of the History Channel. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: draleigh on September 22, 2017, 11:15:51 AM
Mike, I have debunked all the current theories about aliens, demons, spirits, Gods, mental illnesses etc... Would be nice to hear some intelligent or a logical reply to my post if one get a chance to read all. This is the truth...
Not one chance I'll be reading any of what you posted. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Wow. Nearly an entire page written by one poster. This guy takes TL;DR to a new level.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I read the Bible three times and it wasn't too long to read - but some of the posters here seem to think I have all the time in the world to read whatever tripe they want to post. But the rapture will happen soon, so I have very little time to read.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 22, 2017, 01:41:06 PM
I read the Bible three times and it wasn't too long to read - but some of the posters here seem to think I have all the time in the world to read whatever tripe they want to post. But the rapture will happen soon, so I have very little time to read.
I prefer the S.A.B. myself. Thinking about getting a printed copy one of these days.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Unbeliever

Yeah, it's very handy to have. I'd like to have the hard copy, too.
God Not Found

Baruch

Nothing but the Hebrew-Aramaic and the Greek Bibles are the real thing.  Though the all Aramaic Bible comes close.  In the original languages of course, not twisted translations.  This is why Muslims are correct, that the Quran, in anything other than the original classical Arabic ... isn't the Quran.  If you aren't willing to learn the original languages ... and who does ... then you are just debating bad translations.  Just saying.

Of course the Greek Bible (Septuagint portion anyway) is a bad translation all to itself, but it is what the early Church was using.  I don't think there are any early orthodox NT books that weren't in Greek.  I prefer the GoT ... though we only have the Coptic version (it was originally in Greek).  The sense of the Syriac (Aramaic) Bible is pretty close to the original sense.  But once you have a translator who is from a different culture, different language, different politics, different religion trying to do a translation ... you are pissing up wind.

But a skeptic's Bible ... of course.  But that only works if you are a skeptic to begin with, otherwise you will see it as a Devil's Playground ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 22, 2017, 07:06:17 PM
Nothing but the Hebrew-Aramaic and the Greek Bibles are the real thing.  Though the all Aramaic Bible comes close.  In the original languages of course, not twisted translations.  This is why Muslims are correct, that the Quran, in anything other than the original classical Arabic ... isn't the Quran.  If you aren't willing to learn the original languages ... and who does ... then you are just debating bad translations.  Just saying.

Of course the Greek Bible (Septuagint portion anyway) is a bad translation all to itself, but it is what the early Church was using.  I don't think there are any early orthodox NT books that weren't in Greek.  I prefer the GoT ... though we only have the Coptic version (it was originally in Greek).  The sense of the Syriac (Aramaic) Bible is pretty close to the original sense.  But once you have a translator who is from a different culture, different language, different politics, different religion trying to do a translation ... you are pissing up wind.

But a skeptic's Bible ... of course.  But that only works if you are a skeptic to begin with, otherwise you will see it as a Devil's Playground ;-)
A fiction in any other language, is..................still a fiction.

aitm

*Yawn*

someone let me know when to kick this shit to the curb, I ain't reading all that crap...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 22, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
A fiction in any other language, is..................still a fiction.

Math is a language - fiction (space isn't Euclidean)
Physics is a language - fiction (forces aren't Newtonian)
etc

Fiction all the way down.  We are talking about ape men here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 22, 2017, 10:11:40 AM

I have reported him, requesting a ban.  A discussion ABOUT religion is all well and good.  Insanely long bizarre and repetitive posts dedicated to a particular religion are not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!