News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Materialists failing to understand evolution.

Started by Arik, April 23, 2019, 10:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Arik on April 24, 2019, 10:31:29 AM
I guess it must be a bit difficult to report back when you are reincarnated into a different body and the memory of previous lives is gone but again this is my opinion which by the way is also supported by thousand of people who have gone through an NDE.

Oh, of course all these people must all be lying, isn't it?

Subjective experience has no meaning for a materialist.  It as if an external person, say your doctor, can say "you are alive" but you aren't allowed even an opinion on yourself, let alone a decisive observation of your own life.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Some people already believe they are dead, they have a  Cotard delusion. It's not about material reality so much as it's about how each of us interprets material reality.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 24, 2019, 01:22:08 PM
Some people already believe they are dead, they have a  Cotard delusion. It's not about material reality so much as it's about how each of us interprets material reality.

Maybe they are dead, have you concidered that?

What? You think all of those people are lying?

:p
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Material reality = anyone's interpretation is oil and water.  Atoms have no interpretations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on April 24, 2019, 10:31:29 AM
Oh, of course all these people must all be lying, isn't it?
Dunno about them, but you certainly are.  You're showing off your invisible mansion while living in a box.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on April 24, 2019, 02:41:00 PM
Material reality = anyone's interpretation is oil and water.  Atoms have no interpretations.
We live in middle world, we don't experience atmos directly, at least not the same "rules" as atoms do. We only see light in 400nm (blue) to some 750nm (red) wavelength range, our tactile sensation doesn't go below some 90 μm length (which is quite a lot of atoms bundled together but still impressive). Whatever reality is, we have a kind of access to it via our senses. Tools just happen to improve that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Arik on April 24, 2019, 10:19:05 AM

Look BL.

If you really think that evolution is all about survival then why you try to get more awareness and learning by coming in this forum?

Our big, efficient brains are what allows us to survive so effectively that we no longer have to struggle to provide for our basic needs, which allows us to focus on other things. I don't see your point. How does striving for knowledge contradict materialism, when it is that human curiosity which has led to our comparatively easy lives (ie our survivability)?

Quote from: Arik on April 24, 2019, 10:19:05 AMBy coming in here you improve your awareness and as a consequence of that your evolution progress which in turn produce changes in your body as well so what survival has to do with evolution as far as humans evolution is concern?

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Quote from: Arik on April 24, 2019, 10:19:05 AMCan't you see that you are totally lost in a sea of materialist fantasy?

I live in the real world, on a foundation of facts and evidence. You live in a fantasy world of faith, hearsay, and pseudoscience. Don't try to drag me down to your level.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Arik

I have never discarded the fact that hallucinations-delusions and other forms of brain failing may give way to all sort of mental problem however when you go through a mental process in which you remember very well even after many many years and in a sharp vision your experience then all mental failing have no place in this case that is why NDEs can not be compared to mental failings.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 24, 2019, 05:45:17 PM
Dunno about them..................

That is bizarre Hydra.
On one hand You say that you do not know but on the other hand you discount the fact that God exist which is exactly what they say.
Try to make up your mind at least.  :surprise:

Quotebut you certainly are..........

Uhmm, lies imply that I would have some sort of interest in saying them.
Did I ever said that you may go to hell if you do not listen to me?

QuoteYou're showing off your invisible mansion while living in a box.

Actually yoga does the opposite.
It help you to get out the box which is the opposite of what materialism does to you.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 25, 2019, 01:58:52 AM
Our big, efficient brains are what allows us to survive so effectively that we no longer have to struggle to provide for our basic needs, which allows us to focus on other things. I don't see your point. How does striving for knowledge contradict materialism, when it is that human curiosity which has led to our comparatively easy lives (ie our survivability)?

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

I live in the real world, on a foundation of facts and evidence. You live in a fantasy world of faith, hearsay, and pseudoscience. Don't try to drag me down to your level.

Gee, if it is our big and efficient brain the reason why we humans are so good then I suppose you also praise your vehicle for all good in life.

What about the driver BL?
Is the vehicle more important than the driver?

Can't you see that all your values are upside down by considering the brain as the real you?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Arik on April 25, 2019, 11:33:52 AM
Gee, if it is our big and efficient brain the reason why we humans are so good then I suppose you also praise your vehicle for all good in life.

What about the driver BL?
Is the vehicle more important than the driver?

Can't you see that all your values are upside down by considering the brain as the real you?

You seem to have a very hard time concentrating. You've got that backwards. In the car/driver scenario, the person is the thing in control, not the car. That means that the driver is more like the brain in this analogy.

And you missed the point. The importance of our brain is that it has allowed ourselves to survive so easily that we no longer think about survival in our daily lives. We can focus on other things like entertainment, enlightenment, etc. You seem to be under the impression that we desire those things because they are somehow more important than our survival. If you really believe that, try offering a book to a starving person and see how they react. We only care about comfort, entertainment, and enlightenment when our basic needs are met.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Poor analogies.  No, the brain is like the electronic ignition, the brain mostly takes care of autonomous activity like breathing and heart beating.  The brain isn't the driver (in a regular car).  The body (minus brain) is like the rest of the car.  The AI in an autonomous vehicle, is what you want to compare yourself to.  That is the consciousness in the brain.  Without consciousness, you are just the scary uncle who has fallen asleep while driving.  But AI is a fraud, autonomous vehicles are semi-out-of-control projectiles.  More advanced than a baseball that has been hit by a batter, but still just a baseball.  For the baseball to fly, there has to be a pitcher and a batter ... two humans.  It doesn't count if you have a mechanical ball pitcher vs a mechanical hitter.  That only distances the human interaction one level up.  Somebody had to place those machines there and turn them on.  At that point materialists appeal to infinite regress ... the Big Bang, which didn't have any humans in charge of it (except in Dr Who it is Dr Who who creates the Big Bang), is the cause of everything.  Except, as discussed elsewhere, cause/effect is primitive philosophy ... reality is more complicated than billiards.  And even billiards has to have at least one human being.

If you don't think like a caveman every day, then you are a soy boy, a bourgeois cuck.  Civilization is always 3 days from collapse, even if you choose to be unaware.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

If it is always three days from collapse, we have nothing to fear.
Leave it for tomorrow.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 25, 2019, 02:20:25 PM
If it is always three days from collapse, we have nothing to fear.
Leave it for tomorrow.

Better than fearing Nazis under your bed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on April 25, 2019, 07:44:50 PM
Better than fearing Nazis under your bed.

I suppose? Gosh, Baruch, is retirement not agreeing with you? You never needed much to launch an odd statement. But you seem to be going to extremes immediately as of late, in al threads I happen to read your posts.