News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Materialists failing to understand evolution.

Started by Arik, April 23, 2019, 10:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arik

Right now you are in this forum not for survival reasons but for improving your awareness and this effort improve your evolution so survival plays only a small part in human evolution.
That may not be the case for lower forms of lives.
Materialists only think one way about evolution.
Survival, survival and more survival and nothing much else.

Materialists don't get the fact that while evolution in lower form of lives is driven by mother nature or instinct evolution in humans is mainly driven by their own efforts because the free will that is absent in lower forms of lives is fully present in humans and that imply that evolution and devolution which is the opposite of evolution is there as well.

One more failing in materialism is the idea that animals that do not survive in the physical world are gone for ever (consciousness speaking).

They see that their body is dead or gone so they think that all of them is gone.

They got no evidence that they are gone for ever but material-physical evidence is the only thing that is important to them.

How sad.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Dude. You don't even know what evolution is. GTFO.

Watch. I'll prove it to you. Which of the following concerns the theory of evolution:

1. The Big Bang.

2. The origin of life on Earth.

3. A mutated animal or person being born.

[Spoiler=Answer]Trick question. It's none of the above. Theists continually confuse these things for evolution, showing their ignorance on the subject. Evolution is about changes to populations over time, or the origin of species. There are no "lower forms of life." That's your bias as a human talking. Every living species that exists today is just as highly evolved and adapted to its environment as every other species. Nearly every species has better sight, smell, taste, and hearing than us. What makes you think we're more highly evolved than them? And yes, evolution is all about survival, survival, survival. The entire mechanism for how evolution works is natural selection. WTF do you think that means, you hopeless moron?

Once again, you flip the burden of proof on your skeptics. It's not our responsibility to prove your baseless assertion wrong. It's your responsibility to provide evidence of you own claim. No evidence either way does not equal free reign to make up whatever shit sounds good to you. And that's the difference between materialists and superstitious nuts like you. We have the integrity to say "I don't know," while people like you prefer to say, "This is my guess, and you can't prove me wrong!"[/spoiler]
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Y'all are using different semantics.  Evolution as biological science vs as a synonym for change/development in general.

Same problem with "science" ... as modern scientific method vs current results of modern scientific method vs synonym (ancient definition) of knowledge in general.

This is because of people being different as individuals, but also as being from a whole different culture.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

I dunno, if I 'see' that my body is dead or gone, I think I'd doubt that all of myself is gone, as I'm still there to think about it and see it.

I do doubt that when I see a dead friend, however, any consciousness of them is left. If I could see or experience any effect of their supposed Lazarus-consciousness, I suppose I'd reconcider.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 23, 2019, 02:31:41 PM
I dunno, if I 'see' that my body is dead or gone, I think I'd doubt that all of myself is gone, as I'm still there to think about it and see it.

I do doubt that when I see a dead friend, however, any consciousness of them is left. If I could see or experience any effect of their supposed Lazarus-consciousness, I suppose I'd reconcider.

We consider unusual things (if you experience them) to be "uncanny".  But because of habituation, we fail to consider that usual things are "uncanny".  This is probably an effective adaptation.  If every morning you woke up, and it was like you had been kidnapped to a different planet, that might tend to break your day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Would it be any different if you woke up tomorrow as a different person, a person of S Asian or E Asian culture ... where you would not only maybe have a totally different language, but you actual culture would be signficantly different, and you would regard the language/culture/people you now are ... as Other?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Arik on April 23, 2019, 10:45:12 AMThey got no evidence that they are gone for ever
Dead people have a strange habit of not reporting back.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 23, 2019, 11:28:42 PM

You die partially, every night, in non-REM sleep.  Mostly we wake up
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 23, 2019, 11:34:41 AM

Thanks for your comment but could you please tell me why you are posting in this forum and read post from other people?

What is the driving force that tell you to interact?
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 23, 2019, 12:32:09 PM
Dude. You don't even know what evolution is. GTFO.

Watch. I'll prove it to you. Which of the following concerns the theory of evolution:

1. The Big Bang.

2. The origin of life on Earth.

3. A mutated animal or person being born.

[Spoiler=Answer]Trick question. It's none of the above. Theists continually confuse these things for evolution, showing their ignorance on the subject. Evolution is about changes to populations over time, or the origin of species. There are no "lower forms of life." That's your bias as a human talking. Every living species that exists today is just as highly evolved and adapted to its environment as every other species. Nearly every species has better sight, smell, taste, and hearing than us. What makes you think we're more highly evolved than them? And yes, evolution is all about survival, survival, survival. The entire mechanism for how evolution works is natural selection. WTF do you think that means, you hopeless moron?

Once again, you flip the burden of proof on your skeptics. It's not our responsibility to prove your baseless assertion wrong. It's your responsibility to provide evidence of you own claim. No evidence either way does not equal free reign to make up whatever shit sounds good to you. And that's the difference between materialists and superstitious nuts like you. We have the integrity to say "I don't know," while people like you prefer to say, "This is my guess, and you can't prove me wrong!"[/spoiler]

Look BL.

If you really think that evolution is all about survival then why you try to get more awareness and learning by coming in this forum?

By coming in here you improve your awareness and as a consequence of that your evolution progress which in turn produce changes in your body as well so what survival has to do with evolution as far as humans evolution is concern?

Can't you see that you are totally lost in a sea of materialist fantasy?

Baruch

It is in the nature of psychology, that no-one realizes their false consciousness.  It is a mystery how anyone escapes a false consciousness.  It is a mystery of mysteries, if one can do more than escape from one false consciousness, into another.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 23, 2019, 11:28:42 PM

I guess it must be a bit difficult to report back when you are reincarnated into a different body and the memory of previous lives is gone but again this is my opinion which by the way is also supported by thousand of people who have gone through an NDE.

Oh, of course all these people must all be lying, isn't it?