Texas Contemplates Homicide/Death Penalty for Abortion

Started by Shiranu, April 12, 2019, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 15, 2019, 03:29:14 PM
Baruch, what are you talking about?

Your continuous impressions of Madame Defarge.  A new way of life?  Like no politics, no economics, no death, no taxes ... that new way of life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTTvKwCylFY

America isn't France, even if we do consume mass quantities.  And GB managed to avoid any revolution at all, just gradual liberalization.  No violence in America?  Really, happens every day, we are used to it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 16, 2019, 12:35:29 PM
Again. What are you talking about?

Post-modernism is ... extinction.  That is what underlies your position.  Saying that things will change, in a generic way, says nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Just allow Baruch to keep making your arguments for you, shoe. It saves time and effort to just let him keep talking to himself. He seems happier that way, too.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 16, 2019, 02:55:42 PM
Just allow Baruch to keep making your arguments for you, shoe. It saves time and effort to just let him keep talking to himself. He seems happier that way, too.

Postmodernism =

Postmodernism is a broad movement that developed in the mid- to late 20th century across philosophy, the arts, architecture, and criticism and that marked a departure from modernism. The term has also more generally been applied to the historical era following modernity and the tendencies of this era.

This is quite complicated, and Drunkenshoe has a quite complex relationship with Postmodernism.

But this has been accused as theoretical cultural Marxism.  But we don't have pr126 to kick around anymore ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on April 16, 2019, 04:27:43 PM
Postmodernism =

Postmodernism is a broad movement that developed in the mid- to late 20th century across philosophy, the arts, architecture, and criticism and that marked a departure from modernism. The term has also more generally been applied to the historical era following modernity and the tendencies of this era.

This is quite complicated, and Drunkenshoe has a quite complex relationship with Postmodernism.

But this has been accused as theoretical cultural Marxism.  But we don't have pr126 to kick around anymore ;-(

What did become of pr? I seem to have missed that. Lack of logging in for reason unknown; MIA?
Or banned? KIA?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 14, 2019, 01:15:05 PM
That sort of thinking got Donald Duck elected president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't say you had to lie doggo, just pointing out that grandstanding is a very old political ploy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 16, 2019, 04:52:40 PM
Not even Baruch! LOL

If you used your Oija board, I would communicate the secret, remotely ;-)  It is one of my Mac apps ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 17, 2019, 01:46:52 PM
The more remote, the better. ;-P

You don't want to experience my other invention from the 1960s ... grope-a-vision? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 17, 2019, 06:33:22 PM
Sounds like teledildonics.

More Trumpian.  As said by Trump regarding women, and more darkly with men "Get them by the gonads with a pair of pliers"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2019, 02:23:17 PM
I have been a pro-choice advocate since the mid 70's. Some of it most likely self preservation....but in the later years far more for equality of the sexes as far as the law is concerned. Laws should be considered that the sex of the person behind the curtain is unknown.

That said, I have also been an advocate that women are 100% responsible for getting pregnant. Other than the obvious, it is their sole responsibility to protect themselves, because no one else will. I am not interested in the whole it takes two gamble. Yes it does, but we know that one of them doesn't give a shit so the only one that can get pregnant should be ones to protect themselves.

Frankly I really believe if we approached it this way women would be the better for it. Equal rights, equal responsibility....right? Well. No. You want absolute rights? You should have them. But take those rights and responsibility and hold that flag. Be responsible for your own body. Don't let anyone   suggest you don't have the right to complete control, because you should have that right...and that responsibility. Champion it. I believe that should be women's mantra. I do. It's my body and my choice and I will be responsible. Now, get that right, and hold it and demand it and practice it and.......problem solved.

Shitstorm in 3.2.......

1...AITM, I am disappointed.  You grant men a complete freedom of responsibility for pregnancies, and I have to disagree.  No birth control method is 100% perfect and there are some physical consequences to all of them.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!