Texas Contemplates Homicide/Death Penalty for Abortion

Started by Shiranu, April 12, 2019, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 14, 2019, 05:26:05 AM
It's hard to imagine what comes to these people's mind, when they think about sex.

"...Tony Tinderholt, a Republican state legislator who introduced the bill, says it would make people “consider the repercussions” of having sex. ..."

OK. I have something to ask about the 'logic' of this perversity. Does this mean they would also execute the father too -which would be of course more problematic in practice- or only the women? I am not sure if they are aware, but nature needs a female and a male to have sex; do it together to produce pregnancy. Should men "consider the repurcussions" of having sex in their world?

I wish more people would realise that more than the never ending abortion issue in itself; their definition of murder; a fetus vs human debates, this is actually about preventing women from having casual sex, having multiple partners; not at all if they are not married or having kids. It's the same agenda in every religion.

Scaring women. And trust me, even reading this piece of news would scare a lot of them living that region and impact their lives. I know what I felt when the equivalent of this understanding tried to ban abortion over here. Even though they failed, they managed to manipulate people; certain hospitals even acted as if it was banned. It's also very easy to manipulate, coerce women to do something else than they actually want about this issue, esp. if they are single. It's so disgusting. It's a huge can of worms.

John Oliver has 2 episode on this regarding the US, about what is going on in some places where actually abortion is legal, but made inaccesible to women.

They wouldn't punish the man. He's considered a victim in this scenario, in Republican minds. They see abortion as his baby being "murdered." The system heavily favors men, and puts all of the responsibility on women. Look up the movie "Loving the Bad Man," and you'll learn how Conservative Christians think "Godly women" should behave when given the choice of aborting an unwanted pregnancy. Just don't eat before watching the movie. You'll likely lose your lunch.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 13, 2019, 11:05:08 AM
I fear for this country.
Why? People do stupid shit all the time. This guy was playing to his voters.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 14, 2019, 01:11:54 PM
Why? People do stupid shit all the time. This guy was playing to his voters.
That sort of thinking got Donald Duck elected president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 14, 2019, 01:15:05 PM
That sort of thinking got Donald Duck elected president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And all the other evil clowns going back to George Washington.  More recently Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barak Obama ... but really it is all the little politicians who do the most to infect the body politics, the Presidents are merely the biggest germs around.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

I have been a pro-choice advocate since the mid 70's. Some of it most likely self preservation....but in the later years far more for equality of the sexes as far as the law is concerned. Laws should be considered that the sex of the person behind the curtain is unknown.

That said, I have also been an advocate that women are 100% responsible for getting pregnant. Other than the obvious, it is their sole responsibility to protect themselves, because no one else will. I am not interested in the whole it takes two gamble. Yes it does, but we know that one of them doesn't give a shit so the only one that can get pregnant should be ones to protect themselves.

Frankly I really believe if we approached it this way women would be the better for it. Equal rights, equal responsibility....right? Well. No. You want absolute rights? You should have them. But take those rights and responsibility and hold that flag. Be responsible for your own body. Don't let anyone   suggest you don't have the right to complete control, because you should have that right...and that responsibility. Champion it. I believe that should be women's mantra. I do. It's my body and my choice and I will be responsible. Now, get that right, and hold it and demand it and practice it and.......problem solved.

Shitstorm in 3.2.......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 05:37:09 AM
Cavebear ... we aren't part of the Vagina Dialogues.  Shh!

Maybe the Virginia monologues?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2019, 02:23:17 PM
I have been a pro-choice advocate since the mid 70's. Some of it most likely self preservation....but in the later years far more for equality of the sexes as far as the law is concerned. Laws should be considered that the sex of the person behind the curtain is unknown.

That said, I have also been an advocate that women are 100% responsible for getting pregnant. Other than the obvious, it is their sole responsibility to protect themselves, because no one else will. I am not interested in the whole it takes two gamble. Yes it does, but we know that one of them doesn't give a shit so the only one that can get pregnant should be ones to protect themselves.

Frankly I really believe if we approached it this way women would be the better for it. Equal rights, equal responsibility....right? Well. No. You want absolute rights? You should have them. But take those rights and responsibility and hold that flag. Be responsible for your own body. Don't let anyone   suggest you don't have the right to complete control, because you should have that right...and that responsibility. Champion it. I believe that should be women's mantra. I do. It's my body and my choice and I will be responsible. Now, get that right, and hold it and demand it and practice it and.......problem solved.

Shitstorm in 3.2.......

Not a bad idea in the 21st century.  But being old fashioned, I blame the guy more.  Young men are hornier than young women IMHO.  There is a gray area of date rape/marital rape that is impossible to navigate without two lawyers involved.  I would be happy if most lover-boys were castrated by the girl's father ;-) I would apply the same to gay/lesbian couples as well.  Don't touch my child/adult outside of marriage! (sarc) And you don't let anyone either.

Within legal marriage (and now gays/lesbians can marry) the rules are different, it falls under marital law, not parental law.  Of course maybe I am sexist ... I would be more disturbed by an irresponsible son than an irresponsible daughter.  And we know most of this hanky panky happens under the influence of alcohol or drugs.  That is a whole other problem, in that no one should any more "relationship" while under the influence, than drive under the influence.

I sympathize with any woman who gets pregnant, the decisions are ... impossible.  I would support her if she wants to keep it, or abort it if in the first trimester (except for exceptional medical conditions).  I don't consider this extreme.  If men do get a "pill" eventually, I think STD will become an even bigger problem.  General irresponsible behavior is the problem.  And abortion shouldn't be the preferred form of birth control.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Shit storm? You wish, sweety. Good old times. It's too late.

This is NOT about abortion or women. This is about creating a new society and changing the life style of the USA. Something you people believe to be impossible which makes it much easier I guess. The biggest threat has always been your own. Like ours. At least most of your population is armed. If that monkey stays, the rising in violent crime and shootings alone would carry you to marshall law, because they can't manage order. Can dems make it even after two terms of his?

Fuck it.

You know what I am thinking? If none of us are dead in any civil war in the next decade, we should make a convention. Meet somewhere, eat and drink. I am serious. No I am not drunk. Making lunch.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

Seems like a good decade to just get high drink a soda and play dnd since everything is going down the tubes
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 15, 2019, 07:44:32 AM
Shit storm? You wish, sweety. Good old times. It's too late.

This is NOT about abortion or women. This is about creating a new society and changing the life style of the USA. Something you people believe to be impossible which makes it much easier I guess. The biggest threat has always been your own. Like ours. At least most of your population is armed. If that monkey stays, the rising in violent crime and shootings alone would carry you to marshall law, because they can't manage order. Can dems make it even after two terms of his?

Fuck it.

You know what I am thinking? If none of us are dead in any civil war in the next decade, we should make a convention. Meet somewhere, eat and drink. I am serious. No I am not drunk. Making lunch.

Global thermonuclear war, by enemies of the US, tend to do that.  You realize you will soon be an enemy combatant, right?  Not that an alliance with Russia by Turkey is a bad idea, you are neighbors.  Maybe Russia will betray the Balkans and help you besiege Vienna again?  No, progress is an illusion.  Old habits die hard.

And Drunkenshoe, you know nothing of America.  Europe maybe.  Yes, Americans are the enemy (sarc).  Which side were y'all on in 1914 again?  Armed neutral supporting who in 1939?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

I mean, I get that he doesn't agree with me or he could even think I am mad for all I care. But there is something called context. 

Baruch, I am talking about two similar bad situations in two different countries. Domestic policies. Domestic situations. I have been living in a nightmare for 17 yers and now watching another country in the same story. And that exactly like people have done over here for years, you too don't see it likely to happen. oh they are isolated, old issues; we have always had that. It's not. Not anymore. And you are still talking about 'the enemies of the USA'. What outside enemy you moron? Are you in this situation because of what foreign enemy? It sounds like you'll be happy if the countries we live in become enemy combatants? Or may be any possible country to feed right nutters fantasies? Does it matter, which one it is? Which one would make the right wing nutters most happy?   

Or do you think that having huge space and low population density will protect the general order forever from domestic terrorism, shootings, lootings or societies drawning in crime? There is only one end of this right wing divisive policy in 21st century, in a country where civillians are armed. It's fucking marshall law. And that's because federal government of the USA has the military power to prevent a potential civil war on the land.   

Can you imagine a USA that states have so big gaps in life styles, safety, education, social life, living-working conditions...etc that you can't travel around. Masses of people forced to move. A situation, which people even could have armed conflict? Well start. You are not that old, you still might see that.