Human brain genes in monkeys

Started by PopeyesPappy, April 11, 2019, 08:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

IF anything a scientist can do, gets done ... then we can pretty well scratch off humanity.  And no, the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) won't generate a mini-blackhole which destroys the planet ... but irresponsible gene editing will.  This is a medical ethics issue, but one sided, as I noted earlier.  We can edit animal genes with human genes, but not the other way around.  Perhaps it is time to stop making arbitrary changes to the other species too?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

You think they might be able to safely plant human brain genes in creationists in a decade or so?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 12, 2019, 04:43:32 AM
You think they might be able to safely plant human brain genes in creationists in a decade or so?

Haha ... what happens when they mix German and French?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on April 12, 2019, 06:22:44 AM
Haha ... what happens when they mix German and French?

Warmongerers who immeadiatley surrender?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

from some of the people I have met, they would be better off with the reverse process.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

I wonder if any of those monkeys are named Algernon?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 11, 2019, 08:59:34 PM
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613277/chinese-scientists-have-put-human-brain-genes-in-monkeysand-yes-they-may-be-smarter/
Is this is how it begins?
QuoteThe experiments...remain far from pinpointing the secrets of the human mind or leading to an uprising of brainy primates.

See, nothing to worry about!
God Not Found

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 12, 2019, 04:04:25 PM
yet...

Past and future are fictions.  We have nothing to fear, except the fictions that occupy the minds of our neighbors.  Particularly if those neighbors are fans of The Walking Dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't mind the walking dead, it's the talking dead that distract me from my reading list.
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

These findings are just ones which are made known to the public. I do not know for certain but am fucking sure that behind the secret, and closed doors far more advanced experiments were carried out and put into practice.

You know, the differences between erectus and sapiens are so very little. Actually to slightly modify and alter, to re-wire the erectus's neurons, makes them as smart and intelligent as sapiens. So why not to apply the biomedical and bioengineering methods to the sapiens to make them superior to existing sapiens...

I believe according to latest technological and scientific improvments, sooner or later, the sapienses as we know it must be extinct. Or they will be pets to those whose intelligence are better than that of them.

And how can this be achieved? with computers' help that is united and works together the human brain.

Baruch

Many nihilists here hope for the replacement of humanity, if not mere extinction.  Nihilist access to WMD means extinction.  Bioweapons are the most dangerous WMD of all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 10:08:29 PM
Many nihilists here hope for the replacement of humanity, if not mere extinction.

Really!? Here!? What nihilists would those be? Just because nihilists don't believe in meaning inherent in the laws of physics, but that meaning comes from human minds, does that mean nihilists want to extinguish that meaning, that only human minds can produce, by extinguishing humans?

QuoteNihilist access to WMD means extinction.

Really!? Better get rid of all those damned nihilists, then, before they blow up the world!
God Not Found

Baruch

There is more than one definition of any word.

"Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated. It is often associated with extreme pessimism and a radical skepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy."

It is more than a quibble about meaning.  I am pretty pessimistic and pretty skeptical and pretty judgmental ... so semi nihilist matches me.  Like demi-god.  I didn't say my charism was positive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.