News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by hobby420, April 09, 2019, 07:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobby420

Hey all,

I recently deleted my Facebook account because I couldn't stand the stupidity and ignorance.  I do miss the God "debate" I regularly seemed to be drawn into :-)  I was stumbling through the Tapatalk app (member of THC Talk) and was please to see this group so, here I am.  I consider myself a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.  I am a medical cannabis patient but not a stoner.  I grow High CBD cannabis as a hobby, hence my user name :-) 

I am an open atheist from Eastern Canada.  I detest religion of any kind and truly believe the world would be a better place without it.  I was raised in a devout Baptist family going to church 3 times a week.  I can never remember thinking it was anything other than BS but I did use it to my advantage in my teens, religious girls "loved" a good Christian boy LOL.  Anyway, I left home at 16 and only returned to church to go to weddings and funerals.  I married a Catholic girl and we have one child (27 yo), both are also atheist but not as vocal as I. 

H420

Unbeliever

Welcome hobby420!

Glad to have another someone to talk to. I'm glad your user name references weed, I was afraid maybe it was referencing Hitler's birthday!

Not really! ;-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

hobby420

LOL... I never heard that one before!  Rest assured, not a Hitler fan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

_Xenu_

Here in Oklahoma, you are allowed to have six mature plants with a medical card. An old friend of mine literally renovated his house to improve ventilation in one room, and currently has two plants in production with four more growing. The guy has all the nice equipment, from the lamps to the fans in his walls to some thing he hangs in his closet for drying out the bud before he puts it in jars. It's ironic really. He's already producing way more than he needs, and he would give me enough for free to satisfy a hard core pot smoker, but I don't care for the stuff.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

My only objection is that you didn't wait to join up and start this thread on 4/20.  That would've been magical timing.  Ah, well.

Sal1981

Hello.

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 07:40:27 PM
Hey all,

I recently deleted my Facebook account because I couldn't stand the stupidity and ignorance.  I do miss the God "debate" I regularly seemed to be drawn into :-)  I was stumbling through the Tapatalk app (member of THC Talk) and was please to see this group so, here I am.  I consider myself a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.  I am a medical cannabis patient but not a stoner.  I grow High CBD cannabis as a hobby, hence my user name :-) 
I only use Facebook for sharing images from my hikes and view jokes nowadays. I'm unsure what label I would use describe my own political views. Somewhat of a liberal and otherwise centrist I would wager

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 07:40:27 PMI am an open atheist from Eastern Canada.  I detest religion of any kind and truly believe the world would be a better place without it.  I was raised in a devout Baptist family going to church 3 times a week.  I can never remember thinking it was anything other than BS but I did use it to my advantage in my teens, religious girls "loved" a good Christian boy LOL.  Anyway, I left home at 16 and only returned to church to go to weddings and funerals.  I married a Catholic girl and we have one child (27 yo), both are also atheist but not as vocal as I. 

H420
I'm an apostate too. My parents, growing up, were non-denominational Christians. I used to be vocal about my atheism. Now I actively avoid discussing religion unless pressed in public.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Welcome also.  I was also insta-banned, from a Facebook religion forum.  For criticizing the history of the Catholic Church.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

hobby420

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 09, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
My only objection is that you didn't wait to join up and start this thread on 4/20.  That would've been magical timing.  Ah, well.
Good point... my timing wasn't well thought out I have to admit :-)

hobby420

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 10, 2019, 01:15:06 AM
Welcome to our little band of heathens.
Thanks!   I look forward to contributing.

hobby420

Quote from: Baruch on April 10, 2019, 03:47:45 AM
Welcome also.  I was also insta-banned, from a Facebook religion forum.  For criticizing the history of the Catholic Church.
LOL... The Catholics are especially sensitive these days!

Blackleaf

Quote from: hobby420 on April 10, 2019, 05:37:06 AM
LOL... The Catholics are especially sensitive these days!

Everybody seems sensitive these days. Can't disagree about anything. Can't just laugh at a joke instead of overanalyzing how PC it is. Can't have a black or female lead in a movie or show without people arguing about whether or not it pushes an SJW agenda. The older generation likes to act like they're less sensitive, but they're no better.

Welcome, stoner. Good to have a new face around here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 08:35:34 PM
LOL... I never heard that one before!  Rest assured, not a Hitler fan.

The number 420 is an interesting number:

QuoteIn mathematics[edit]
420 is:
the sum of four consecutive primes (101 + 103 + 107 + 109).
the sum of the first 20 positive even numbers.
a zero of the Mertens function[1] and is sparsely totient.[2]
a pronic number.[3]
the smallest number divisible by the numbers 1 to 7, and as a consequence of that it is a Harshad number in every base from 2 to 10 except base 5.
a 141-gonal number.
a Harshad number.
In other fields[edit]
420 is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(number)

I have no idea what "sparsely totient" is.

Ah, here it is:

QuoteIn mathematics, a sparsely totient number is a certain kind of natural number. A natural number, n, is sparsely totient if for all m > n,
φ ( m ) > φ ( n ) {\displaystyle \varphi (m)>\varphi (n)}

where
φ {\displaystyle \varphi }
is Euler's totient function.

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 10, 2019, 03:47:45 AM

That's like shooting fish in a barrel! Look at almost any place and time that the RCC existed, they always claimed to be these pious, god-fearing saints, while all the while behaved like any other people and fed their appetites out of the sight of the public eye. But they can't stand their history being truthfully told, because they know it won't stand up to what we consider moral standards.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 07:40:27 PM
Hey all,

I am an open atheist from Eastern Canada.  I detest religion of any kind and truly believe the world would be a better place without it.  I was raised in a devout Baptist family going to church 3 times a week.  I can never remember thinking it was anything other than BS but I did use it to my advantage in my teens, religious girls "loved" a good Christian boy LOL.  Anyway, I left home at 16 and only returned to church to go to weddings and funerals.  I married a Catholic girl and we have one child (27 yo), both are also atheist but not as vocal as I. 

H420
Seems you will fit right in!!  I also think that a world without religion would be better.  And I married a Catholic woman!  We have been on (and are still on) quite the journey.  At first I was willing to accept her world and we did go to a church for about 10 years together--Unity.  Even though I thought all along that there is not and never was, a god(s).  We are no longer going to church and are both atheist.  And I am more vocal about it than her.  Welcome.................................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?