News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald Trump: Golf Cheat

Started by _Xenu_, April 01, 2019, 06:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2019, 02:43:47 AM
Politics and honesty don't work.  So what may work in good golf, won't work in good politics.  You have to be woke to realize that anyone in politics is practicing Machiavelli on you.
Hell, Machiavelli was a patzer compared to the current crop of politicians!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Cosmo Kramer is chaos with or without rules! :-D
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 05, 2019, 09:02:02 AM
As a student of The Prince and The Discourses, I can tell you Trump has never read either. While Machiavelli said a prince was foolish to actually maintain honor, it was of the utmost importance to keep up its appearance. In other words, Trump isn't some mastermind using secret level 17 strategic chess moves, he's a moron that doesn't understand anything Machiavelli taught.

He's also a pathetic golf cheat.

I didn't say specifically "Trump" ... but "Hillary" would match up quite well.  The American PM May.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2019, 07:03:23 PM
I didn't say specifically "Trump" ... but "Hillary" would match up quite well.  The American PM May.

Actually, I doubt Hillary would cheat at golf any more than I would.  And that Trump would consider you nuts for not.  I saw a report on TV this past week that said Trump played 60+ games and only posted 20.  One would be forgiven for expecting those were his best 20 scores.  He does play well enough.  Professionals who have played with him say he is about 10 handicap, which is certainly not bad.  But he claims a 2 handicap.  Well, of course he would. 

I have a memory of my Dad playing golf.  He was a scratch golfer (0 handicap) at one point.  He would hit a drive that started out low, rose slightly, and dropped gently onto the center of the fairway almost every time.  He was amazing.  He could shoot 70 on hard courses.  I never broke 90 on the easy ones...  *SIGH*

On the other hand, he was obsessed with golf and I did a lot of things.  In any challenge of 10 sports, I would have won.  But he was good at golf.  And you know why he played?  Because in college, Mom played golf and she told him that she wouldn't date a man who couldn't play golf.  He had never played before.  He learned.

Damn, that's "love".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Didn't Kim Jong Il get 11 holes in one the very first time he played golf? Even Trump can't claim that! :-D
God Not Found

_Xenu_

Quote from: Baruch on April 05, 2019, 07:03:23 PM
You don't have to specify Trump. This entire thread is about Donald Trump being a shameless golf cheat.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Baruch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 08, 2019, 05:16:34 PM
You don't have to specify Trump. This entire thread is about Donald Trump being a shameless golf cheat.

Such an important subject.  Guess people are tired talking about his hair ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

That's not hair, it's a dead alien shape shifter.
God Not Found

_Xenu_

Quote from: Baruch on April 08, 2019, 07:20:16 PM
Such an important subject.  Guess people are tired talking about his hair ;-)
What can I say? I find Donald's dishonesty endlessly amusing. :-p
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Baruch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 08, 2019, 07:57:00 PM
What can I say? I find Donald's dishonesty endlessly amusing. :-p

I am not a crook - Nixon ... I really laughed a lot back then ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on April 02, 2019, 04:47:18 AM
I was taught to play golf by a rules-fanatic.  My mother.  And Dad.  I was taught not to cheat at anything.  And partly as a consequence, I tended to play games it was really hard to cheat at (just so I could be sure my opponents wern't cheating).  It became "second nature" to me to play games where cheating was difficult.  Chess, Cribbage, Stratego, Monopoly, Air Hockey, Bowling.  Its why I have problems with internet games.  I search for cheats and watch for them.  So many people cheat.  Why do they play?

But golf can be cheated easily.  I had a golf friend how would casually tap his ball out from behind a tree and I would call him on it (which didn't make me popular).  He would say "But I can't hit it from there" and I would reply, "then tap it out and count the stroke.  And he hated that because it upped his score.  My view is that, if you keep score, you aren't allowed to cheat.

I'm a stickler for such things.
Likewise, I was taught by my grandfather whoâ€"meaning no disrespect for my own parents or other grandparentsâ€"was without question the finest and fairest and most fundamentally honest man I ever had the privilege to know.  To this day, it wouldn't even begin to dawn on me to employs a 'foot wedge' or other tactic, and even though I don't believe in an afterlife I couldn't countenance Grandpa's disappointment if he were looking down, even in a fantasy.

If you have to swing the club, you have to count the stroke, period, end of statement.  Golf is a game of honor... so it's no surprise the Orange Disaster Area further displays that he has none.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

If you are Trump, honesty is not really important.  It is how you are viewed by others and I don't mean people who know the reality of him but the impression he gives.  I bet Trump is deciding how he can beat Kim Jong-un's claim of 11 holes-in-one in a single round. 

And trust me, Trump is really thinking about it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 02:24:26 AM
If you are Trump, honesty is not really important.  It is how you are viewed by others and I don't mean people who know the reality of him but the impression he gives.  I bet Trump is deciding how he can beat Kim Jong-un's claim of 11 holes-in-one in a single round. 

And trust me, Trump is really thinking about it.

We can always turn the volume up to 11 ;-)  Use rock-n-roll instead of ping-pong for diplomacy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 05:04:43 AM
We can always turn the volume up to 11 ;-)  Use rock-n-roll instead of ping-pong for diplomacy.

The volume trick only works in proximity.  Seen Kim Jong-un anywhere near a US speaker system lately?