Erdogan Appears to Suffer Major Defeats in Turkey’s Two Biggest Cities

Started by drunkenshoe, April 01, 2019, 04:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

We had the local elections yesterday. ErdoÄŸan lost the capital (Final) and Istanbul (dispute?!) according to the Electoral Council, but they demanded a recount for 27 K difference so no official result. But the Council already declared Ä°stanbul lost for them. They tried everything in the book and then some, still trying. It's gonna get ugly in any way.

QuoteISTANBUL â€" President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s party on Sunday was facing defeat in local elections in the Turkish capital, Ankara, and possibly even Istanbul, its largest city, a result that shook the nation as Mr. Erdogan suffered the first major electoral setback of his decade and a half in power.

The municipal balloting around the country came nine months after national elections that extended Mr. Erdogan’s hold on power. It was closely watched as a barometer of his standing with voters after Turkey’s economy fell into recession and he assumed sweeping new executive powers.

Mr. Erdogan claimed victory over all in the elections, pointing to results that showed his Justice and Development Party 15 points ahead of the opposition Republican People’s Party in districts nationwide.

But for the first time in his political career, Mr. Erdogan was tasting defeat in mayoral races in the center of Turkish political power, Ankara, and maybe even in his hometown, Istanbul, the country’s business center. ...

For the first time in the history of the Republic, Turkish Communist Party won a city in the East all by themselves. Yeah, seriously. LOL I am gobsmacked.

There is also a fight for another biggish city, Bursa. It's ugly. I barely slept. They stopped the data the moment they got they lost. It's comical.

There is a map here. http://secim.ntv.com.tr/ There must be 2 more red. One is Ä°stanbul. The other is, possibly Bursa. Red is the Social Democrats, orange is Erdogan's party. Purple is the Kurdish Party, blue is the nationalist party.

This is the map 5 years ago. http://www.yenihaberden.com/d/other/turkiye_1-jpg20140331170658-001.jpg

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Erdogan is allied with Iran, and therefore also Russia.  Turkish communism should make great gains then.  I would say, things will get interesting, when it is discovered that Prophet Muhammad invented communism, not Karl Marx ;-0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Erdogan is allied with whoever is profitable,lol.

Turkish communist party has nothing to do with him or Russia today. It was founded on 1920. Banned, got back...etc.

Also, the alternative fact of the day; I invented Communism. Ahahah.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 01, 2019, 08:29:46 AM
Erdogan is allied with whoever is profitable,lol.

Turkish communist party has nothing to do with him or Russia today. It was founded on 1920. Banned, got back...etc.

Also, the alternative fact of the day; I invented Communism. Ahahah.

No, you invented post-cat-ism (like post-modernism, but more furry).

As any antisemite would tell you, per the Book of Acts, the Jewish Christians invented communism.  That was a very damaging conspiracy theory, not so long ago ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on April 01, 2019, 12:29:06 PM
No, you invented post-cat-ism (like post-modernism, but more furry).

As any antisemite would tell you, per the Book of Acts, the Jewish Christians invented communism.  That was a very damaging conspiracy theory, not so long ago ;-(

Nope, someone else invented Catism.

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/7z0pc8/the_true_religion_catism/

But noone invented Communism. We stole it from ants!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 01, 2019, 04:17:30 AM
We had the local elections yesterday. ErdoÄŸan lost the capital (Final) and Istanbul (dispute?!) according to the Electoral Council, but they demanded a recount for 27 K difference so no official result. But the Council already declared Ä°stanbul lost for them. They tried everything in the book and then some, still trying. It's gonna get ugly in any way.

For the first time in the history of the Republic, Turkish Communist Party won a city in the East all by themselves. Yeah, seriously. LOL I am gobsmacked.

There is also a fight for another biggish city, Bursa. It's ugly. I barely slept. They stopped the data the moment they got they lost. It's comical.

There is a map here. http://secim.ntv.com.tr/ There must be 2 more red. One is Ä°stanbul. The other is, possibly Bursa. Red is the Social Democrats, orange is Erdogan's party. Purple is the Kurdish Party, blue is the nationalist party.

This is the map 5 years ago. http://www.yenihaberden.com/d/other/turkiye_1-jpg20140331170658-001.jpg

I didn't realize you were Turkish.  Likely origin of human advancement.  As an American sort of being here a few centuries, my admiration to such an old culture...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

You guys probably have no idea what is going on over here and it can go fubar as usual...but today... meanwhile in Turkey:

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 17, 2019, 02:17:20 PM
You guys probably have no idea what is going on over here and it can go fubar as usual...but today... meanwhile in Turkey:

Isn't Erdogan asking for new elections in Istanbul?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 17, 2019, 03:13:35 PM
Isn't Erdogan asking for new elections in Istanbul?

Well, finally the Supreme Election Council Refused the opposition and have given the mandate to our party in Ä°stanbul. That makes all major cities officially ours. They won't stop in any way. It's just hope.

I feel good and getting wasted shit faced. Ignore me, if I check in  any capacity. 

drunkenshoe

Oh by the way, Ä°stanbul passed to us the first time in 25 years. So yeah....they won't let it go. 

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 17, 2019, 04:44:31 PM
Well, finally the Supreme Election Council Refused the opposition and have given the mandate to our party in Ä°stanbul. That makes all major cities officially ours. They won't stop in any way. It's just hope.

I feel good and getting wasted shit faced. Ignore me, if I check in  any capacity. 

The news here is saying the courts gave the mandate to the opposition so the new mayors are taking over, but that the challenge/request to hold new elections is still pending. Doesn't Erdogan own the courts?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on April 17, 2019, 05:23:15 PM
The news here is saying the courts gave the mandate to the opposition so the new mayors are taking over, but that the challenge/request to hold new elections is still pending. Doesn't Erdogan own the courts?

LOL the opposition is us. I was writing from our point of view. He owns everything. The fight begins.

Baruch

Per EU rules, you resubmit for referendum or election, as many times as necessary, to get the result you want.  PM May will be consulting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe