News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

GOP Jesus

Started by _Xenu_, March 27, 2019, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I sure wish I could be sacrificed like Jesus...go from a smelly goat herder to a god. Sounds like a hell of an upgrade to me. Course the whole thing falls apart if the Jews didn't do their job and kill the arrogant "other"  jew.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 04, 2019, 04:40:52 PM
I sure wish I could be sacrificed like Jesus...go from a smelly goat herder to a god. Sounds like a hell of an upgrade to me. Course the whole thing falls apart if the Jews didn't do their job and kill the arrogant "other"  jew.

Romans killed a dissident.  They did that regularly.  In a manner of speaking, the fake story of Jesus is the ultimate revenge fantasy by Hellenistic Jews, who became extinct in the 2nd century.  Revenge against rabbinic Jews and pagans alike.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 02:48:09 PM
In the implied story, they are political convicts, same as Jesus.  One modest, the other immodest.  The terrorist who is modest, is forgiven.  Judas Iscariot was one of the terrorists, as was Simon the Zealot.  The average Jew considered these guys the same as ISIS today.

Let's keep in mind that these were stories a century or so old when first written in an age when written records were rare and untrustworthy.  The basic existence of Jesus is uncertain and there are reasons to doubt it (by lack of evidence). 

The Roman Legions the local government did keep good records.  And they never mentioned people like Jesus or events like Masada. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 03:12:48 AM
Let's keep in mind that these were stories a century or so old when first written in an age when written records were rare and untrustworthy.  The basic existence of Jesus is uncertain and there are reasons to doubt it (by lack of evidence). 

The Roman Legions the local government did keep good records.  And they never mentioned people like Jesus or events like Masada.

Yes, winners rarely talk about their war crimes.  That is why the Nazis are unusual, they kept great internal records (not intended for public consumption).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2019, 07:20:12 AM
Yes, winners rarely talk about their war crimes.  That is why the Nazis are unusual, they kept great internal records (not intended for public consumption).

What amazes me about Masada is that no one else than Josephus seems to have known about it at the time or shortly after.  The Roman Legions never mentioned it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 06, 2019, 10:06:19 AM
What amazes me about Masada is that no one else than Josephus seems to have known about it at the time or shortly after.  The Roman Legions never mentioned it.

It was an embarrassment.  The Legions don't repeat those stories.  Military never does.

Josephus was pro-Roman, otherwise the Romans wouldn't have let his books be written, and Christians wouldn't have copied him.  No Jewish writer copied him, a traitor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2019, 12:12:35 PM
It was an embarrassment.  The Legions don't repeat those stories.  Military never does.

Josephus was pro-Roman, otherwise the Romans wouldn't have let his books be written, and Christians wouldn't have copied him.  No Jewish writer copied him, a traitor.

And yet, he is the ONLY source about Masada.  And by his own admission, he "fixed" the suicides so that he was the only survivor and slipped away through the whole surrounding Roman army who were on the lookout for stragglers.  How convenient...  I think the plain truth is that it never really happened.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 03:05:38 AM
And yet, he is the ONLY source about Masada.  And by his own admission, he "fixed" the suicides so that he was the only survivor and slipped away through the whole surrounding Roman army who were on the lookout for stragglers.  How convenient...  I think the plain truth is that it never really happened.

I agree, I think the suicides were fictional.  And his story in general is a crock.  But good reading.

But do you deny that Rome destroyed Jerusalem, or was that Pod People?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 05:36:05 AM
I agree, I think the suicides were fictional.  And his story in general is a crock.  But good reading.

But do you deny that Rome destroyed Jerusalem, or was that Pod People?

I'm shocked!  I've never met a religious person who agreed Masada was "fake news".  Thank you.

I don't deny the Romans pretty much destroyed Jerusalem, as that is well-recorded.  They were a rather brutal people.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2019, 05:52:05 AM
I'm shocked!  I've never met a religious person who agreed Masada was "fake news".  Thank you.

I don't deny the Romans pretty much destroyed Jerusalem, as that is well-recorded.  They were a rather brutal people.

Why?  Nobody asked.  The Masada story was real, but didn't happen as described by Josephus.  See that huge siege ramp?  Josephus had a political angle to spin.  Jews didn't commit suicide at Jotapata or at Masada.  The story at Jotapata is to explain Josephus' amazing escape (he betrayed his people).  And Josephus only heard about Masada second hand.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 11, 2019, 09:02:48 AM
Why?  Nobody asked.  The Masada story was real, but didn't happen as described by Josephus.  See that huge siege ramp?  Josephus had a political angle to spin.  Jews didn't commit suicide at Jotapata or at Masada.  The story at Jotapata is to explain Josephus' amazing escape (he betrayed his people).  And Josephus only heard about Masada second hand.

Why?  Oh, I used to argue with people about Masada all the time and they always used Josephus as a reference.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 12, 2019, 12:38:54 AM
Why?  Oh, I used to argue with people about Masada all the time and they always used Josephus as a reference.

What, instead of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure?  No, I think you like to torture flies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3fx6TugN7g

The original Matrix, dudes!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 12, 2019, 03:58:41 AM
What, instead of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure?  No, I think you like to torture flies?

The original Matrix, dudes!

Funny you mentioned flies.  I have 6 pots of Venus fly traps on the deck (I nurture them through the Winter in the garage under weak light).  So I enjoy feeding the flies I catch in the house (I have fast hands) to the VFTs.  Watching the traps close is fascinating.  Any large ants that invade the house get the same treatment.

I have also sometimes caught adult Praying Mantis in the Fall and kept them on a thread collar on the dresser while I offerred them worms that came out of acorns.

And then there was the time I watched a small snake in the pond who caught a frog badly.  The poor frog complained for an hour as was slowly swallowed.   I didn't try to help the frog.  There were lots of frogs.  And the snake needed a meal. 

Problem?

Baruch

Hakuna Matata!

I have a brown thumb.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, we've already established that your eyes are brown, being so full of shit, and all.

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman