News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

GOP Jesus

Started by _Xenu_, March 27, 2019, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

The Republicans want to be the party of hell scare.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 03, 2019, 04:20:44 PM
The Republicans want to be the party of hell scare.

They already tried "Scared Straight" ... the gays laughed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

hobby420

Ahhh Republican Party... The American Taliban.  (Dawkins- the God Delusion)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Munch

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 01:23:12 PM
Ahhh Republican Party... The American Taliban.  (Dawkins- the God Delusion)

urm, hey.

who be you?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

hobby420

New to this forum... I deleted my FB account but missed my heathen friends so was pleased to see this group!

Mike Cl

Quote from: hobby420 on April 09, 2019, 02:14:45 PM
New to this forum... I deleted my FB account but missed my heathen friends so was pleased to see this group!

Welcome, hobby--please go to the intro section and share who you are.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, enquiring minds want to know! ;-)
God Not Found

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on April 02, 2019, 12:56:53 PM
I aesthetically prefer bodybuilder jesus.

That's one Jesus I bet can get you on your knees.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 09, 2019, 02:26:05 PM
That's one Jesus I bet can get you on your knees.

I have to admit...  That is pretty creative.  At least I'VE never seen that one before.  Not that is the least bit real (no one can even prove there WAS a  real "Jesus on the cross".  But I admire creativity.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2019, 07:16:50 AM
I have to admit...  That is pretty creative.  At least I'VE never seen that one before.  Not that is the least bit real (no one can even prove there WAS a  real "Jesus on the cross".  But I admire creativity.

There were never crucified Jews … that is just an P of the Elders of Zion propaganda.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 31, 2019, 10:26:33 PM
There were never crucified Jews … that is just an P of the Elders of Zion propaganda.

For details, you can see the wikipedia artivle,

Answers.com says "Crucifixion has been used by several civilizations as a form of capital punishment. An exact number is hard to give based on the historical records. The Romans killed at least 10,000 in this way and probably many thousands more. It was used on enemies of the state as a humiliation."  Ethnic and religious identities are not specified.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

The Romans would not have crucified the two thieves with Jesus, because they reserved that particular method for political crimes, and unless they stole from a Roman high mucky-muck, they'd have simply cut off their hands, or whatever.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

EVERYTHING you know about Jesus' death is wrong â€" He wasn't even crucified

QuoteNew book Crucifixion’s a Doddle by Julian Doyle, uses ancient texts, religious artworks and the Bible itself to refute some of the most common-held beliefs about the death of Jesus.
Doyle's research questions the popular image of the immense wooden cross when there were so few trees in Judea. He points out that the Romans executed criminals by impaling them, while Jewish law preferred stoning them. And why were there no images of the cross for almost four centuries after Jesus' death?
After the attempt to crucify the Monty Python team for their film Life of Brian it became clear to Doyle, the film’s editor, that something was seriously wrong with everything we think we know and he began to investigate.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/730997/Jesus-Christ-crucifixion-Bible-story-wrong-Julian-Doyle-book
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 04, 2019, 01:34:23 PM
The Romans would not have crucified the two thieves with Jesus, because they reserved that particular method for political crimes, and unless they stole from a Roman high mucky-muck, they'd have simply cut off their hands, or whatever.

In the implied story, they are political convicts, same as Jesus.  One modest, the other immodest.  The terrorist who is modest, is forgiven.  Judas Iscariot was one of the terrorists, as was Simon the Zealot.  The average Jew considered these guys the same as ISIS today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

This guy is a real piece of work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjyYVaLwGs

Quote from: A.A. Allen,  to Marjoe Gortner, quoted in James A Haught, Covering the Bible Belt II: A Freethinker’s Testimony
When you can turn people on their head and shake them and no money falls out, then you know God's saying, "Move on, son."
God Not Found