Main Menu

GOP Jesus

Started by _Xenu_, March 27, 2019, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Prof Wolff is a real Marxist.  Not these namby-pambies we have now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Except that Jesus was Jewish, not Christian.  So it was anti-semitic action, not just an internal Jewish political matter.

Sorry, I have never heard of any hippie who contributed anything beyond drug addiction and STD.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 28, 2019, 07:30:05 AM
Except that Jesus was Jewish, not Christian.  So it was anti-semitic action, not just an internal Jewish political matter.

Sorry, I have never heard of any hippie who contributed anything beyond drug addiction and STD.
Bugs Bunny was Jewish.  Jesus was a fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 28, 2019, 11:44:02 AM

No True Hippies?  Maybe they were just a fiction of the Nixon MSM?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

"And I say unto thee, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's only if it does not in some indirect way fund abortion or science you disapprove of or in some way benefit the poor and needy, who will only use it for drugs.  (Cause that's how Samaritans are, though some I assume are good people)  Give to me, instead.  In time, my wealthy shall impress Caesar and he will consult me in weekly calls, allowing me to shape Roman policy with neither responsibility nor accountability.  Amen."

Hydra009

Jesus entered the marketplace and sat beside the money-changers.  He said, "Blessed be the elite, for they are the job creators!"

He then looked at the treasury where many rich people put in large sums.  A poor widow came up and put in two copper coins.  Agitated, Jesus shouted, "Why do you only have two copper coins?!  Where is your wealth?  My friend here - this guy can take a straw, dump it into the ground, and oil pours out.  His hard work and ingenuity has earned him great sums of wealth.  Where is your hard work?"  The widow stood there, ashamed.  Jesus admonished her again, "You should be inspired by this man to work hard and pull yourself up by the loose threads of your tunic.  No matter.  Depart from me, ye that work infrequently."

After the widow departed, Jesus grabbed large handfuls of coins from the treasury and said unto the money-changers.  "Rejoice and be glad, for those whose wealth is great, so too is their reward in heaven!"

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 28, 2019, 11:44:02 AM

Yeah, the way he pronounced "Albuquerque" was a dead give-away.  And those carrots - SO symbolic... And always trying to undercut that WASP Fudd.  Man, it couldn't have been more obvious. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 29, 2019, 12:51:13 AM
Yeah, the way he pronounced "Albuquerque" was a dead give-away.  And those carrots - SO symbolic... And always trying to undercut that WASP Fudd.  Man, it couldn't have been more obvious.

Are you dissing NYC residents?

"According to Mel Blanc, the character's original voice actor, Bugs Bunny has a Flatbush accent, an equal blend of the Bronx and Brooklyn dialects (of the new york accent)."

All New Englanders are witch burners ... then and now, just have a new target of their hate.  Is that fair?  Thought not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2019, 03:34:46 AM
Are you dissing NYC residents?

"According to Mel Blanc, the character's original voice actor, Bugs Bunny has a Flatbush accent, an equal blend of the Bronx and Brooklyn dialects (of the new york accent)."

All New Englanders are witch burners ... then and now, just have a new target of their hate.  Is that fair?  Thought not.

Don't all Jews live in NYC and Montgomery County MD?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 29, 2019, 04:29:06 AM
Don't all Jews live in NYC and Montgomery County MD?

Only in the fevered imaginations of anti-semites ;-(  Just because many NYC residents claim to be Jewish, doesn' make it so, also doesn't make them ALL Jewish.  But I supposed, back in the day, with Vaudeville dominated by Jewish talent, it might seem a wiseacre like Bugs could be Jewish ;-)  He certainly outsmarted all his opponents.  Are New Englanders Popeye in comparison?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

QuotePennsylvania State Rep. Stephanie Borowicz went full Jesus this week in an attempt to one-up an entering Muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWyXvvoYQPQ

That woman no more believes in Jesus than I do. If she did, she wouldn't be praying in public, according to what Jesus said in Matthew 6:5-7:

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman