News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Brexit 2016 as history ...

Started by Baruch, March 26, 2019, 01:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or-tzhDLUqo

Actual post-facto reporting.  Not the US, fascinating for me as an American.

No, PM Cameron shouldn't have had a referenda ... for Scottish independence nor Brexit.  The public shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Will try to watch THE vid later. Nearly off to work.

Never thought THE original referendum was a good idea. I don't think this mess can nor Should be fixed with a second one either.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

So basically the Parliament is back to square one, with everything on the table that was previously rejected or ignored.

I don't understand how the PM can unilaterally delay Brexit, beyond 3/29 to 4/12 (if they don't vote for the May Plan as is before 3/30) or 5/22 for some alternative plan by Parliament, that is somehow not immediately rejected by the EU.  Apparently GB law is subject to the dictate of Macron.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/22/mary-warnock-britain-ruling-class-thatcher-patriotism-serving-society

An obituary, that highlights what the Elite used to be like, before they became devoted to self indulgence. Winston Churchill had is comforts, but he worked very hard to earn them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I can't decide whether the Scots and Irish should love Brexit or hate it.  Free of England on one hand; damn awkward border on the other.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on April 18, 2019, 11:29:00 AM
I can't decide whether the Scots and Irish should love Brexit or hate it.  Free of England on one hand; damn awkward border on the other.

Assuming the Scott's will tear from the UK?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 18, 2019, 11:38:15 AM

"Scots"

Hey, quick joke.  You know why the Scots made whiskey and the Irish didn't.  Because who would drink "Iretch"?  I made that up myself...

But it does get complicated thinking of borders between 2 of the 3 in whatever way you look at it.  I very seriously doubt they manage to resolve border issues easily.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 18, 2019, 11:38:15 AM

SNP want independence for the usual reasons ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_National_Party

Better to be a big fish in a small pond, and remaining with EU keeps them safe from London revanchism.

Scotland was recently re-granted their own regional parliament, as was Wales.

Joke is broken ... "Whiskey" is Gaelic, spoken in Ireland originally.  Same as whiskey.  But in Ireland it was "potin" aka moonshine.  The refined stuff did start in Scotland, long after the Irish took it over.  Eventually Scotch whiskey came to N Ireland, with the rest of the Orangemen invasion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2019, 02:32:47 PM
SNP want independence for the usual reasons ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_National_Party

Better to be a big fish in a small pond, and remaining with EU keeps them safe from London revanchism.

Scotland was recently re-granted their own regional parliament, as was Wales.

Joke is broken ... "Whiskey" is Gaelic, spoken in Ireland originally.  Same as whiskey.  But in Ireland it was "potin" aka moonshine.  The refined stuff did start in Scotland, long after the Irish took it over.  Eventually Scotch whiskey came to N Ireland, with the rest of the Orangemen invasion.

You can't even laugh at a JOKE?  WOW! 

BTW, my Dad always told me it was better to be a small fish in a big pond than the reverse.  I thought he was nuts.  All ponds are the same size unless you are at the top.

Baruch

I like your dad.  Sounds inverted ... so from my tribe ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.