Sanctions on North Korea Aiding Companies Dropped Because Trump, "Likes Kim"

Started by Shiranu, March 22, 2019, 05:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/trump-says-he-will-remove-north-korea-related-sanctions.html

QuotePresident Donald Trump said Friday that he would scrap action his administration took only a day earlier to crack down on companies accused of helping North Korea evade sanctions.

"It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea," the president tweeted on Friday, though the Treasury announcement he appeared to reference took place Thursday and did not involve "large scale" sanctions. "I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!" plaining the president's sudden announcement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn't think these sanctions will be necessary." Trump's tweet and the press secretary's clarification of it sent waves of confusion throughout Washington, from the Pentagon to the White House itself.

On Thursday, Treasury designated two China-based shipping companies that it said has aided Pyongyang in circumventing U.S. and international sanctions. The U.S. and its allies have used those economic measures to push North Korea to dismantle its nuclear and missile programs.

What a shit show. Who is even in charge anymore?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Trump derangement syndrome - Trump is obviously deranged.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 22, 2019, 06:28:14 PM
Trump derangement syndrome - Trump is obviously deranged.

Trump is an American voter.  American voters are deranged.  Therefore Trump is deranged ;-)

So are the pacifist Democrats now calling for nuclear war with N Korea?  So many enemies, so little time!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 23, 2019, 09:03:00 AM
Trump's whims.

See, change constitution to match GB.  Then Nancy would be PM.  You could rest at night ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2019, 10:46:05 AM
See, change constitution to match GB.  Then Nancy would be PM.  You could rest at night ;-)
If that were the case, you'd be right.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 23, 2019, 11:35:09 AM
If that were the case, you'd be right.

So you agree that the American Revolution was a mistake, just so you have less post-election PTSD?  That is why I lean that way ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2019, 06:20:04 PM
So you agree that the American Revolution was a mistake, just so you have less post-election PTSD?  That is why I lean that way ;-)
My clan history supports that.  Apparently one of my early ancestors fought in the Rev. War.  William Clary was his name and he had large land holdings in Maryland; he was a Colonel during the war.  Unfortunately, for the clan, he was a Tory and fought for the British.  He lost all his land holdings after the war but did keep his life.  We have been a line of paupers since................

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2019, 10:29:03 AM
Marylanders were mostly Catholic, so there is that ...
That was my thought when I first saw that information.  But there is not any evidence that he was catholic--but he still could have been.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 24, 2019, 12:24:36 PM
That was my thought when I first saw that information.  But there is not any evidence that he was catholic--but he still could have been.

Odds are ... Anglican.  English Catholics were known to be disloyal (Guy Fawkes).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

poor america. You want to get rid of your leader because he's narcissistic and incompetent.

We want to get rid of our leader because she's.. narcissistic and incompetent.

We have so much in common!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2019, 01:19:59 PM
Odds are ... Anglican.  English Catholics were known to be disloyal (Guy Fawkes).
In order to have much land in Maryland it was my understanding that one had to at least play at being a Catholic.  But, as I said, there was no evidence (other than the large land holding) of it.  In fact, I can trace my linage from him, one generation back to London (where William's father caught a boat to the New World), but no other place of origin.  He quite easily could have been Irish, which would up his chances of him being Catholic.  From William I can trace to the present day.