News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

To be limited with your body...

Started by SoldierofFortune, March 21, 2019, 11:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

This reality - to be limited with our own body - touches me in some way...

No, i have no disease except my addictions... and no, i haven't slipped...

But when thinking of the days that i had to bear in my pocket a cigarette pack... I had to...

Think of a person who has diabetes.. they have to carry the needle they need to live... they are limited with their own body...

Even if the sci. and tech. make us communicate by making the physical boundries non-existing, i am looking for the "beyond"... as being non-limited with our PCs or smart phones...

Boundaries has been abolished by sci. and tech...or the physical boundraies of the countries are no longer meaningless at least...

The living structure that can travel too far away to other galaxies, cannot be the organisms like us... he is limited with his body... and have to be free from his body...

Free souls will replace the humankind as we know it...
He will have a mechanical body and storing his memory and his ego in a silicon chip he will be able to travel far distances, taking his energy from stars, and as being no restricted to a normal life span, he will discover the aliens who may exist... these will be the "free souls"...

And I do not know whether a humankind as we know it will exist or not...

Munch

I feel like your thinking to deeply on these matters, overthinking stuff.

Its often better to think more outwardly then inward. You said about how diabetics are dependant on needing needles/injections, yes, I am, I need insulin every day or I'd be in a comma by the end of it.

But so what? There are far worse things to live with, I'm thankful for being able to do things people with worse disabilities have, like walking around, breathing without needing devices to do so, having good enough eyesight and having the love of people I know around me.

Take this into account, if this was 100 years ago, people with such disabilities would either be dead or be casts off from society, where as today, people with disabilities can live long and productive lives. My long time school friends older brother has downs, if he was born 100 years ago, he'd be consider a freak to society and likely be dead at a young age. He's in his 50s now, and one of the nicest guys I've meet (He worked in a cafes serving tables for a long time and everyone was glad to greet him).

The point is, yes, you can look at things like you described negatively, feel miserable from it. However, as someone with a disease that needs constant monitoring each day, I don't carry that negative outlook, I'm just happy to be alive today and having what I have.

Just live in the now of what you have.

And I do have days I feel down about my situation, but it doesn't last, once I focus on the things that matter to me.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Everyone is defective, from conception forward.  Based on perfection, we should all be aborted.  What you might do, given that you are living, is without limit.  The primary goal should be, become the best person you can be, given you miserable circumstances.

Yes, Germany during the 30 Years War really sucked ... I must have had ancestors who survived that (being part German).  So if they all gave up, I wouldn't be here to post to you now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 21, 2019, 01:08:11 PM
Everyone is defective, from conception forward.  Based on perfection, we should all be aborted.  What you might do, given that you are living, is without limit.  The primary goal should be, become the best person you can be, given you miserable circumstances.

Yes, Germany during the 30 Years War really sucked ... I must have had ancestors who survived that (being part German).  So if they all gave up, I wouldn't be here to post to you now.

Well, actually, if you think about it, we are all both survivors of and the causes of, historical insanity...  And I mean everyone.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2019, 05:19:16 AM
Well, actually, if you think about it, we are all both survivors of and the causes of, historical insanity...  And I mean everyone.

You ignored the positive part of the point I made.  Typical bear poop.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Feral Atheist

That is reality...

Keep in mind that not long ago the diabetic didn't live very long, as insulin has actually been around less than 100 years.
In dog beers I've only had one.

aitm

meh.....no disrespect...but each of us are thankful we live in whatever hell hole we live in save for many parts of the middle east and parts of africa and south america where lopping off body parts of people seems to be seen as not only necessary but demanded.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 02, 2019, 04:55:42 PM
meh.....no disrespect...but each of us are thankful we live in whatever hell hole we live in save for many parts of the middle east and parts of africa and south america where lopping off body parts of people seems to be seen as not only necessary but demanded.

If you are hungry enough, cannibalism is reasonable.  Middle Class values can't conceive of how real people live.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 25, 2019, 07:19:09 AM
You ignored the positive part of the point I made.  Typical bear poop.

I didn't think your post was all that positive.  What you seemed to suggest was that both sides of the incredibly insane religious wars in Europe were positive in some way.  I don't agree.  THEY were about crap thoughts...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 04, 2019, 04:14:05 AM
I didn't think your post was all that positive.  What you seemed to suggest was that both sides of the incredibly insane religious wars in Europe were positive in some way.  I don't agree.  THEY were about crap thoughts...

I am sympathetic with ordinary people.  I don't look down on them from Mt Olympus.  On the other hand, I don't believe the mob should be allowed to vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 05:59:25 AM
I am sympathetic with ordinary people.  I don't look down on them from Mt Olympus.  On the other hand, I don't believe the mob should be allowed to vote.

You crack me up...

1.  The mob shouldn't be allowed to vote.
2.  I am sympathetic with ordinary people.

Do you notice a slight inconsistency there?

Baruch

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little liberals.  Reality isn't grasped by people, consistently or otherwise.  To insist otherwise, to not be skeptical of self and others ... is to be a used car salesman/buyer.

It is an odd truth, given that neither I nor my ex are British, that our emotional sympathies, going back 30 years, are royalist.  I suspect my daughter of SJW authoritarianism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Cavebear on June 04, 2019, 06:29:38 AM

Do you notice a slight inconsistency there?

Dead horse....meet club
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Minimalist

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2019, 02:38:18 PM
Consistency is the hobgoblin of little liberals.  Reality isn't grasped by people, consistently or otherwise.  To insist otherwise, to not be skeptical of self and others ... is to be a used car salesman/buyer.

It is an odd truth, given that neither I nor my ex are British, that our emotional sympathies, going back 30 years, are royalist.  I suspect my daughter of SJW authoritarianism.

Hey, we let the knuckle-draggers vote and we are stuck with the Orange Shitgibbon.  As someone once said "in America, anyone can be president..... it is one of the risks you take."
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on June 05, 2019, 12:13:10 PM

Hey, we let the knuckle-draggers vote and we are stuck with the Orange Shitgibbon.  As someone once said "in America, anyone can be president..... it is one of the risks you take."

And Hillary lovers get sloppy seconds from Hillary ;-)  Lawyers in love ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxyjA-CaPYY

Why are there so many lawyers?  Because there aren't enough liars.

The video of the lawyers at the Kremlin matched Uranium One perfectly.

I will take a serial killer as leader, before a lawyer.  The serial killer is more honest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.