40 Dead in New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:59:16 AM
Nobody anticipated the collapse of the Soviet Union (or expects the Spanish Inquisition (sarc)).  Though it was mostly a good thing I think.

It was not as unanticipated as you might think.  The Soviet Union was struggling for years. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2019, 06:24:30 AM
It was not as unanticipated as you might think.  The Soviet Union was struggling for years.

But ... our CIA etc had no idea.  Guess they are just more incompetent government employees, right? (sarc).  The government employees I know, do the best they can under the circumstances.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I thought that's what Reagans "Star Wars" was all about? And our excessive military budget. Make the soviets try to keep up with us, spending so much money that the USSR couldn't help but collapse. If that's the case, then it was anything but unanticipated.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 21, 2019, 01:12:55 PM
I thought that's what Reagans "Star Wars" was all about? And out excessive military budget. Make the soviets try to keep up with us, spending so much money that the USSR couldn't help but collapse. If that's the case, then it was anything but unanticipated.

"Star Wars" never happened.  That was primarily pushed by Henry Kissinger.  I did know a guy, who was a proposal manager for a component of "Star Wars", but he lost the bid, and the winner never got to build anything.  At the time, not only was the US out-teching the USSR in some respects, they were losing their shirts in Afghanistan (as we are now).  However the X-37 is real ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-37

5th vehicle is currently in orbit, a space drone, not unlike the in-atmosphere drones that are so common today.

I suspect the move to develop a Space Service separate from the Air Force, is because it is too numerous and too classified to be handled by the Air Force.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.