40 Dead in New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 15, 2019, 12:29:30 PM
Terrorist attack, plain and simple.

Yes, it is a terrorist attack. It is a terrorist attack, whoever-whatever is behind it. That's the problem with 'real' or false flag attacks, they are all terrorist attacks. Innocent people die. Outcome is the same for us ordinary people. 

I just find it odd, that's all. An Australian man attacking mosques in New Zealand. Writing a loong manifesto about everything all around the globe, going back to 16th century wars. Does that really  sound usual to you? 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

your_dude_james

He shouted "Subscribe to Pewdiepie." In case you weren't aware, the media is freaking out about Pewdiepie and talking about how a Swedish video game streamer is "alt-right" or some stupid shit. Dude was every single SPLC cliche about the "alt-right" rolled into one. If anyone finds the shooter's persona believable then maybe you're ready to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

drunkenshoe

He could have shouted 'Ann Coulter for Peace Nobel!' for all I care. There are thousands of Pewdiepies on the youtube alone. We are living through an era which people are expected to make racial slurs or derog comments on some minority, culture, ethnicity or gender or whatever the fuck. Most of the young generation wouldn't even notice them if they didn't. It's a specifically scripted new age gig to make money, become famous.   

I personally find this attack odd, because exactly like the vlogger clown you mentioned above, this piece of shit looks too designed to me. It's not a claim, it is an impression I got.       
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 15, 2019, 12:48:28 PM
Yes, it is a terrorist attack. It is a terrorist attack, whoever-whatever is behind it. That's the problem with 'real' or false flag attacks, they are all terrorist attacks. Innocent people die. Outcome is the same for us ordinary people. 

I just find it odd, that's all. An Australian man attacking mosques in New Zealand. Writing a loong manifesto about everything all around the globe, going back to 16th century wars. Does that really  sound usual to you? 
I read excerpts from his manifesto, I think it was someone cold and calculated that wants to escalate a literal culture war between what he described as Europeans against Muslim 'invaders'.

Others say he's insane, I think not. This was cold, calculated planning to trying to get people to choose sides in a civil war between identitarians. I agree with Tim Pool on this one; don't choose sides, we're all in this together.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nsd9w3dHrI[/spoiler]

Him saying "subscribe to Pewdiepie" is a direct attempt to try to get people to foment into sides, a Us vs Them kinda mentality. He knew full well Pewdiepie would condemn this terrorist attack. But that's just it, he wants division and sectarianism, he wants people to churn the machine into a civil war between factions. He wants the news to condemn Felix by association.

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/1106419935390171136
QuoteJust heard news of the devastating reports from New Zealand Christchurch.
I feel absolutely sickened having my name uttered by this person.
My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy.

LoriPinkAngel

It is too bad that the manifesto was made public.  It is giving that freak and his views the attention he wanted.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 15, 2019, 01:18:47 PM
I read excerpts from his manifesto, I think it was someone cold and calculated that wants to escalate a literal culture war between what he described as Europeans against Muslim 'invaders'.

Others say he's insane, I think not. This was cold, calculated planning to trying to get people to choose sides in a civil war between identitarians. I agree with Tim Pool on this one; don't choose sides, we're all in this together.

Him saying "subscribe to Pewdiepie" is a direct attempt to try to get people to foment into sides, a Us vs Them kinda mentality. He knew full well Pewdiepie would condemn this terrorist attack. But that's just it, he wants division and sectarianism, he wants people to churn the machine into a civil war between factions. He wants the news to condemn Felix by association.

Oh I agree he is perfectly sane. I don't believe any of them are insane anyway. Pewdiepie has already gave a response of the sort I guess. I saw something like that. 

Blackleaf

Quote from: LoriPinkAngel on March 15, 2019, 02:03:04 PM
It is too bad that the manifesto was made public.  It is giving that freak and his views the attention he wanted.

In this case, I think it's fine. Makes his intentions clear. Hopefully, anyone who would have considered attacking in retaliation otherwise will see his manifesto and decide not to give him what he wanted.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 15, 2019, 01:18:47 PM

A Civil War requires violence on both sides, but only one side resorts to violence. Yet Tim Pool thinks the Left share equal blame in this "Civil War." No, the answer to violence from the Right is not for the Left give in to their demands. If the Right wants a war, that's on them.

I also find it funny how quick those on the Right are to accuse (often falsely) a terrorist of being a Muslim, but when we have terrorists like these who are in no uncertain terms white supremacists, they want to dissociate themselves from it. When it's the former, it is an excuse to push for anti-Muslim policies, but in the latter they say, "Don't use this as an excuse to push policies against guns!" Typical Right-Wing hypocrisy.
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 15, 2019, 03:34:02 PM
In this case, I think it's fine. Makes his intentions clear. Hopefully, anyone who would have considered attacking in retaliation otherwise will see his manifesto and decide not to give him what he wanted.

Not sure about that anymore. I think the world has passed that phase.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 15, 2019, 04:33:23 PM
Not sure about that anymore. I think the world has passed that phase.

We hear this kind of rhetoric all the time. Hearing it come from a terrorist doesn't make it look any better, but it might give pause to anyone who might have agreed with him before this.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Shiranu

Holy fuck.

That is literally the most fucked up use of, "I'm not racist, but..." I have ever seen. And it's from a Senator.

Shit, even American politicians are hesitant to go both that far-right wing and that far Christian dominionistic.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on March 15, 2019, 06:49:40 PM
Shit, even American politicians are hesitant to go both that far-right wing and that far Christian dominionistic.

Well, so far, anyway, but we aren't done yet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.